SASS Wire Forum

FS 20" Marlin Cowboy Sold Pending Funds

Has been my back up rifle, found a 24" to replace it. Smooth Walnut stock & forearm. Long Hunter 1 piece firing pin, Ludwig replacement safety screw, complete action job, cartridge stabilizer & 100 other things that Spur did that no one else knows about.

Proprietary cartridge length of 1.42" or less, I use 122 grn TC bullets. Send me your email for pictures. Price is $1035.00 shipped to your FFL.

Marlin Buckhorn

One Time Price Cut To $1000.00 Delivered To Your FFL!

Giddy up for a good pard. If you are looking for a good rifle and getting an honest description of it, don't miss out on this one.

Catlaw I appreciate the BTT.

Hard to lower the price much when the rifle is already under priced by $250-$300. If you where trying to duplicate the rifle today the rifle alone would be about $800.00 if you could find one.

The "Spur Short Stroke" and action job now costs $400 plus freight. So the rifle($800) + short stroke & tuning($400) + freight 2 ways($60)= $1260.00. So the real price to build this gun is way more than I am asking.

Now maybe you wouldn't pay that much for the rifle, and $35.00 may not be very much money to you. But to me and a lot of other folks $35.00 is important.

And maybe you wouldn't shoot a Marlin but that is okay because those of us that do appreciate them. :)

Again thanks for the BTT

Marlin

Marlin,

I really was just pokin' a lil bit of fun at ya for droppin a $1000 rifle $35. LOL Actually it would probably pay for the shippin costs......which in case someone was lookin seriously at yur shootin iron, might just make the difference in a deal! Haven't shot a slicked up Marlin in a long time. I'm sure it's a fine weapon and worth what you are asking. Buy the way, yur welcome to the BTT. Good luck in a swift sale! :)

Hard to lower the price much when the rifle is already under priced by $250-$300. If you where trying to duplicate the rifle today the rifle alone would be about $800.00 if you could find one.

The "Spur Short Stroke" and action job now costs $400 plus freight. So the rifle($800) + short stroke & tuning($400) + freight 2 ways($60)= $1260.00. So the real price to build this gun is way more than I am asking.

Now maybe you wouldn't pay that much for the rifle, and $35.00 may not be very much money to you. But to me and a lot of other folks $35.00 is important.

And maybe you wouldn't shoot a Marlin but that is okay because those of us that do appreciate them. :)

Again thanks for the BTT

Marlin

Again thanks for the BTT

Marlin

I think the price is reasonable, I have a 24" Spur and CBC Widdermatic and it would take at least that much to buy either one of them. Slicked up Marlins are great rifles.

Randy

Archived