SASS Wire Forum

Challenge for Duece

LEAD BANE, SASS 70197

For those of you who watch Impossible shots on the outdoor channel, tonight they had Cisco running a modified el presidente with two six guns. Start facing away from targets, at the buzzer he turns, draws, and shoots six, double tapping each of the three targets. Draws second and repeats. Targets are about man sized and at about six yards, spaced maybe a foot apart. He is shooting from the hip, but I dont think that matters so much. His best was 4.99

Im pretty damn sure Deuce could smoke that. Whatcha say Deuce? Watch it, recreate it, smoke Cisco and post on the tube.

For those of you who watch Impossible shots on the outdoor channel, tonight they had Cisco running a modified el presidente with two six guns. Start facing away from targets, at the buzzer he turns, draws, and shoots six, double tapping each of the three targets. Draws second and repeats. Targets are about man sized and at about six yards, spaced maybe a foot apart. He is shooting from the hip, but I dont think that matters so much. His best was 4.99

Im pretty damn sure Deuce could smoke that. Whatcha say Deuce? Watch it, recreate it, smoke Cisco and post on the tube.

+1 for Deuce B)

4.99? I don't even think that is much of a challenge for Deuce.

I'm pretty sure most of the top shooters could do it easily.

And an array like that would even let the better gunfighters have a pretty good shot at it.

About 2 years back, Deuce and I were running some speed 'fun' runs at the Smoky Mtn. Shootout.

FOUR targets at approx 6 yds, roughly 18x18 and no bigger, progressive sweep.

Deuce ran it clean in 2.64 seconds.....yep, both pistols for 10 shots.

THEN in 2011 at the Smoky Mtn. Shootout, Deuce ran a FOUR target scenerio where atleast 2 shots had to be on each target. Deuce chose to run a 3-2-3-2 sequence. CLEAN in 2.36.

I said: "Deuce, you just broke your record video dump run with a time of 2.36. Nice run my friend".

Deuce says something like....."I got a good transition". :lol:

My $$$ would be on Deuce, Bad River Marty, Lassiter, Bud, Spence, and probably a host of other good shooters in SASS/CAS.

..........Widder

For those of you that have not had the pleasure of watching Duece "live"....take the time if you at a shoot he's at....on side match day just go and watch. Widder named a bunch of others as well. Our sport has some top notch guys and gals. Once we get Duece on UTUBE we ought to get him on TV.....I'll volunteer to be his manager...lol.

KK

Heck. The turning around part will take him more time than the shooting.

For sure, but maybe if someone dangles a twinky or a swiss cake roll on a string behind me it will drive me to turn a bit quicker. Turning 290 pounds ain't hard, it's the stopping.

For sure, but maybe if someone dangles a twinky or a swiss cake roll on a string behind me it will drive me to turn a bit quicker. Turning 290 pounds ain't hard, it's the stopping.

Duece, I needed a good laugh today! Thanks :lol:

:rolleyes: Hey buddy, hope your knee is doing as well as your sense of humor, Good luck at Winter Range.

McKenzie- got the neatest shotgun belt in the world- River Drifter

3+ for Deuce .

Deuce will SMOKE that time ! :D

Sooooooo,

I was playing around today at the range and decided to give this a go.

At six yards with three target that are 16" X 18" about 16" apart:

Back to targets, hands at surrender, turn and double tap the three targets, draw second pistol and repeat: 4.29 seconds.

And, compared to Duece, I am considered to be SLOW.

Go get'em Duece.

Dang It

That's funny....lol.

KK

Good luck at Winter Range

Them Little Yellow Devils will do it every time. :lol:

About 2 years back, Deuce and I were running some speed 'fun' runs at the Smoky Mtn. Shootout.

FOUR targets at approx 6 yds, roughly 18x18 and no bigger, progressive sweep.

Deuce ran it clean in 2.64 seconds.....yep, both pistols for 10 shots.

THEN in 2011 at the Smoky Mtn. Shootout, Deuce ran a FOUR target scenerio where atleast 2 shots had to be on each target. Deuce chose to run a 3-2-3-2 sequence. CLEAN in 2.36.

I said: "Deuce, you just broke your record video dump run with a time of 2.36. Nice run my friend".

Deuce says something like....."I got a good transition". :lol:

My $$$ would be on Deuce, Bad River Marty, Lassiter, Bud, Spence, and probably a host of other good shooters in SASS/CAS.

..........Widder

I agree and I can think of a couple of Buckaroo's, Rattlesnake Wrangler and Missouri Lefty, that I think could beat that time as well.

Randy

Since fanning isn't allowed in CAS, would that give Cisco an edge? He is well practiced in fast draw and fanning, Deuce is well practiced in quick draw, fast transitions and two handed hold. Might be comparin' apples and oranges here.

Either of them might beat me, if'n they practiced hard enough! :lol:

Archived