SASS Wire Forum

Doncha Feel Safer Now?

One of my favorite things to do is run a tub full of water, add some salt just to increase conductivity, soak for awhile, then drop plugged in hair dryers into the water, just to see how safe they are.

Thanks to CBS, there are now about 10000 hair dryers I won't be able to test.

I'll bet none of these hair dryers had a green card, either....

Hair dryers are used primarily in bathrooms or in a aera with water present. According to the national electrical code outlets in those areas must be ground fault protected therefore anything plugged int them will have the protection customs state the dryers lacked.

Remember the government is here to protect us.

Great part is that the Customs and Border Patrol will auction the items, they will end up in use anyway and the guberment get the money!

That is incorrect. They will be destroyed.

Oh wow, I can sleep tonight now.

Heck the llast time I saw my hair was back in '89 :lol::lol:

So I have been safe for almost 23 years without their help.

Besides, what possible use would I have for an unsafe hair dryer? (the door is open fellows, chime in!! :lol: )

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Well, that just bites! :angry:

With all them dryers off the market we're bound to now see a rash of toasters dropped into bathtubs. :(

:rolleyes:

A safer way to protect the consumer would be to confiscate all bath plugs.

.... that way there won't be any accumulated water to create a hazard when these items are dropped into the bathtubs.

:o

Three and a half million tons of illegal drugs slip across the border every year, half a million illegal aliens slip across the border every year ... but those pesky hair dryers -- now there's a major problem we can deal with!

Well, it being an election year and all, I think those dryers will be given to the politicians, so they can speed up the process of blowing smoke up our a$$!! :angry::o:lol:

Archived