SASS Wire Forum

The Searchers ~ in Blue Ray

Awesome! You find your self looking at patterns on the cups, napkins, landscape, clothing, contrasts...etc etc.

That Blue ray really has opened up another dynamic to enjoy older movies that have been watched many times over...

G ("That'll be the day") G ~ :FlagAm:

First time I watched Jeremiah Johnson on my big screen on DVD I was totally amazed.

I get chills watching the winter scenes in that one, and the Tom Selleck version of Monte Walsh.

Haven't gotten into blu ray yet, but I reckon it's just a matter of time.

I just came in to the 21st century and got a Blu-ray. :)

My wife likes the streaming vids from Netflix and the internet music available.

I see that the prices for the older movies have come down a lot. I'm not going to replace all my dvds because they look very good on the new player but some will be updated with Blu-ray copies.

I'm still back in the dark ages. We have the same tv we bought before our oldest son was born 25+ years ago, and a DVD player...

I can see where The Searchers would be good in some sort of high def, though...

I'm still back in the dark ages. We have the same tv we bought before our oldest son was born 25+ years ago, and a DVD player...

I can see where The Searchers would be good in some sort of high def, though...

Shed your dinosaur skin as did I. It's a brave new world! :lol:

Nah, too many other toys to buy. My lovely bride and I decided that we won't buy another tv until the current one dies, and it's still working fine. After all, it's an RCA, so why wouldn't it last?

On the other hand, she keeps mentioning seeing flat screens on sale, so maybe we'll be getting a new tv sooner than I think. I'm just gonna make sure it's her idea, and not mine. More peaceful that way...

PS Did I do a good job of hijacking Gunner's thread? :D

Archived