SASS Wire Forum

for all you procrastinators

The card I got my wife this year

How do you know that the flowers and candy you received were bought at the last minute?

They were sent by a guy weren't they!!

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I was watching Robin Mead on CNN. She said she's been married 19 years. I guess she got married at 12. :blink:

Anyway, she said her husband forgot Valentines day once. She knew when he arrived home from work and gave her a single rose and a stuffed bear.

She looked at it and said' "You stopped at the gas station on the way home and got this didn't you?"

Busted!! :lol:

These days, with all the stuff that happens in our lives, the wife and I have simplifies a few things, Valentines Day is one of them. We walk across the street together to CVS Pharmacy, go right to the card section, find the card we WOULD give to the other, show it to them, wait for the laugh, then walk home together.

Yep, WILD nights here on So Cal!! :lol:

These days, with all the stuff that happens in our lives, the wife and I have simplifies a few things, Valentines Day is one of them. We walk across the street together to CVS Pharmacy, go right to the card section, find the card we WOULD give to the other, show it to them, wait for the laugh, then walk home together.

Yep, WILD nights here on So Cal!! :lol:

Schoolmarm bought herself a pot of pink tulips yesterday and when she got into the truck she handed me a small heart shaped candy box as she set the flowere in the floor. "I got what I wanted!" she grinned.

Simple! :lol::lol:

I finally remembered in time, and a few days ago I bought my wife a card. I put it in the console of my truck. This morning I took my truck in to see why the "check engine" light was staying on. It needs a new control module or something like that. They are keeping my truck overnight. So now my wife says "sure you did" I just can't ever win!

Cash

I was watching Robin Mead on CNN. She said she's been married 19 years. I guess she got married at 12. :blink:

Anyway, she said her husband forgot Valentines day once. She knew when he arrived home from work and gave her a single rose and a stuffed bear.

She looked at it and said' "You stopped at the gas station on the way home and got this didn't you?"

Busted!! :lol:

With that attitude she deserves nothing!

When our first Valentine's Day was approaching, I told Ruby Kat that I don't do Valentine's Day! Problem solved.

Almost 8 years together so I guess she has finally accepted it.

Ms. Mary Matilda got one of those slide bracelets for charms and beads; then out to supper and some great desert.

My wife is very frugal. Why she ever married me we don't know. Anyway, I went out to get her a

card for Valentine's day. She is going to weight watchers, so candy is out, she does not wear perfume

and will not wear clothing I purchase. Fine. I can live with all that. So a card is about it, maybe out to

supper if she is in the mood. I looked over the selection of cards. What a wasteland of sentiment. None of them had anything near my feelings about her. Looking at the price on the back made the decision easier also. I stood there thinking, "Why am I doing this?" "I do not feel guilty about my relationship with her." "Why should I pay a card company my money to get a phony card that has no

relationship to my feelings about my wife, to make me feel good about myself."

I went home, told her of my decision and that I loved her dearly, and would gladly share what ever

bounty was bestowed on us, but I was not going to buy a phony card for her. She agreed and went out in the kitchen and fixed my supper. Ya just gotta love that woman. :)

We was gonna have a meeting about all this procrastin' stuff that's goin' on .......

.......... but we postponed it ....

....................... indefinately ...

I was gonna write a "letter to the editor" of my local newspaper about all the apathy in the world today .......

...... but I couldn't be bothered.

Along the same lines......

It was said that Duke Basketball Coach, Mike Krzyzewski, once had the following conversation with a player during a timeout:

Coach K: "What's the matter with you? Are you ignorant or just plain apathetic?"

Player: "Coach, I don't know, and I don't care."

:)

Chick

?

My wife says I am indecisive. Perhaps I am. But I doubt it. You can never really be sure about something like that. And my wife is seldom wrong. But if I was indecisive, how would I know?

I mean, would I sense something like that? Perhaps. Perhaps not. :unsure: Hmmmmmmm.

This year, I picked my wife up from work with both of my Grandsons. She just stared at me when I turned into the shopping mall and went into the Hallmark card Shop and asked her for a pen....

And I wonder why I sleep on the couch so much.....lol

Thought this was going to be a reminder to do your taxes early this year for a change.

Just so yer not sweatin it out April 15.

I did my taxes early last year thank you very much...

April 13.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Archived