SASS Wire Forum

Who works on your guns....

Korupt Karl

Since the site won't let guys advertise.....let's do it for them.

In the midwest:

Ohio-Lassiter-pistols, leverguns, 87's and just about everything

Michigan-Colt McCallister-97's, lever guns, etc.

S. Indiana-Manatee-Lever guns, sights, etc.

NE Indiana-Montana Longhair-does about everything

At one time or another I've had all these pards work on, or set up a gun for me and all with good results. By the way these are all top notch shooters as well.

KK

Hey Karl. How you doin'? I have used Cody Conagher at the Cowboy Shop in WV for 2 rifles and an 1897 shotgun and have always been pleased with his work. His rifle work is quite reasonable compared to others, since rather than replacing parts like the carrier, he machines the one you have. Maybe I'll see you at Ruskin this month. Slowpoke Joe

I had Widder do my Marlins with the angle feed and he has turned the process over to Slick McClade who I understand is doing a great job making Widdermatics down in Louisiana.

Let's add to this list to help those who are in need of some gun work.

l

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two of my '73's set up by Will Shootem at Pioneer Gun Works , the rest I did with his parts (and advice)

all of my SKB's by Johnny Meadows

Rugers I did myself

'97's with a little kitchen table work and advice by Colorado Blackjack

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I also had a pair of NMV done up by Wes Flowers about 3 years ago, they are my "pretty" guns now

Bought my '73 from Cody Conagher, all the rest of my guns have been worked on/enhanced by a local gunsmith I've known and been using for over 30 years; Huckleberry. Huck has worked on all of my IPSC guns, shotguns, pistols and other rifles for cowboy shooting and other disciplines.

KK: I'm pretty much 'retired' out of cowboy action gunsmithing. I'll still do work for the fellas that I've worked with all these years, but I'm not really taking on new cowboy clients. I still ship about 1,500 sights per year.

On the other hand, I'm doing a lot more work for other competitive shooting sports.

KK: I'm pretty much 'retired' out of cowboy action gunsmithing. I'll still do work for the fellas that I've worked with all these years, but I'm not really taking on new cowboy clients. I still ship about 1,500 sights per year.

On the other hand, I'm doing a lot more work for other competitive shooting sports.

Thanks for the update....it appears from the previous posts that the work you did was appreciated. I'm always happy to see and/or talk to you my friend. Take care and keep me abreast of where you are.....you are in Indiana/California????

KK

I've had work done by many already mentioned, but a couple of others stand out. Shotgunner for SXS (sadly now retired, but the best ever!!) Also Lonnie at Run-N-Iron does amazing work on many firearms.

I need to jump in here too for a commercial message...not really. Just have to say some good things about some good folks.

1866 - Will Shootem at Pioneer Gun Works did a fantastic job and a great guy to do business with.

1873, Stoeger dbl., 1897, and one Evil Roy pistol all worked on by Lonnie Meyers at RUN-N-IRON in

Bertrand, Nebraska. Great guy and reasonable prices.

I WANT TO SEE MORE NEBRASKA TERRITORIAL RANGERS PAYING LONNIE A VISIT. THEY OWE HIM!!!

1887 - Built by Lassiter...with instructions on how to use it. Can't do better than that.

1892 - After I had a bucket full of parts, Nate "Kiowa Jones" taught me how to put it back together.

1894 - Joe Brisco "Brisco Kid" fixed my Marlin Jam. Another fine gentleman.

Who works on your guns.... Let's promote the guys that make us look good...

If I was to relay that info, I'd never get my guns worked on again. SEVERAL gunsmiths have specifically asked that I NOT tell anyone they've worked on my guns!

Rugers - West Fargo

Marlins - Spur (Now in retirement but training Cowboy Carty)

So...is anyone now doing the Spur Marlin work?

Shotguns - TL / Recoil pads - Delta Glen

Pistols - Longhunter / Roughneck Rod changed out the hammers and some other work.

Rifle - Berreta 73 - Roughneck Rod

Rod is now my gunsmith of choice, both local and very good.

Yep Rod did up a set of New Vaquero's for me when I switched from the older models.

Lassiter did my old models and they worked great as well and he also tuned my current 73 waiting for Rod to get me my 73 from him.

One of my 97's was smoothed out by a local pard Marshal Longknife and another by Dave Smith of GunCraft out of Ruskin ,Fl.

Although I've had good luck with those mentioned plus I've shot just about every gunsmith stuff mentioned in the above threads and then some.

Like Zack said , Rod's my choice now,

AO

I've got a Cody 73

I've got a Jimmy Spurs 73

I got 2 sets Rugers by Jimmy Spurs

I got 3 SXS Baikal SXS's did by Three Cut.

Dillon Precision along with Clark bullets feed em all

Kirtpatrick gun leather

Doc noper shotgun belt

RRR

Cowboys that I have personally used at various times with good results around the NC area include

Marshall Harland Wolff - 73 and 66 rifles and a number of pistols (clones and Rugers)

Three Cut - shotgun and pistol work (clones and Rugers)

The Ottway Smith - 73's and two pair of open tops - he has cleaned up a couple of nasty gun problems for me

Cody Conagher - 73 and 66 rifles and pistols (clones)

and a couple a bit further out in TX

Nate Kiowa Jones - a number of double shotgun jobs

Longhunter - pistols (Rugers)

Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory

Brisco Kid and JP Jones - two of the finest gunsmiths going and fine gentlemen to boot! ...definitely pards to ride the trail with...

Cody Conagher - 60,66,73, brace of Smoke Wagons, brace of O-Tops, brace of RM conversions. Lookin for one more 66 (44-40).

Goatneck Clem - BSS, SKB 100, Rossi hammered.

Nate Kiowa Jones - 2 92s. Lookin' for one more (44-40).

Jimmy Spurs - brace of Ruger 45s.

Rowdy Yates - brace of '61 Navys, soon some ROAs.

Jim Bowie (C&I) - 2 73s.

All wonderful jobs by classy smiths who shoot and contribute more to SASS beyond their smithing, also. Would go back to any of them and intend to.

Harvey

Up here in the Northwest, I gotta say it's my pard Ol #4. He can make a BSS open and close like a bank vault. Smooth and solid. And '73? Well, if a guy can can figure out how to invent a SliXpring-Main, SliXpin, and SliXprings to make a '73 run better, I'd say he knows what he's doing.

Boothill

It's great to see the passion we have for our gunsmiths....even greater is the number of quality smiths out there.

KK

Huckleberry...who lives in Illinois. One of what I call "the excellent but not famous gunsmiths." We are fortunate to have many excellent gunsmiths in our game, some famous, some not...yet.

+1 fofr Huck

Howdy,

Well lets no forget OL#4 he is a BSS magician, not to mention I had him do one of those Beretta Renegades and man o man was that rifle nice, and all those Slix springs he had a hand in inventing for us Cowboys Shooters, his name belongs right in with the best.

KK

It's great to see the passion we have for our gunsmiths....even greater is the number of quality smiths out there.

KK

Was just thinking that me ownself...:)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived