SASS Wire Forum

City of Chicago to allow voting by mail

They do the same thing here. Not a big deal imho.

Why not? They allow the dead to vote early and often.....

Interesting.

So is there a problem with that? Here in Iowa we have had that privlege for several years.

No big thing has come of it yet. Sure makes it easy to vote if you have a time problem.

The most important thing is that you vote.

Whiskey

Interesting.

So is there a problem with that? Here in Iowa we have had that privlege for several years.

No big thing has come of it yet. Sure makes it easy to vote if you have a time problem.

The most important thing is that you vote.

Whiskey

:rolleyes::unsure: Yeah! But Chicago?? :unsure::ph34r::lol:

The process is a coming trend and does save money. The trick is on the counting end and the mailing end. When we had voting machines, I worked the elections for a number of years. When they closed

the polls down a few years ago it went to all mail. One of the issues we had when the polls were in operation was that a lot of college students had moved to different states and did not plan to return to Washington, and they still had a mail-in ballet. Some had been gone for ten or more years and still voted in the Washington elections. I suspect that they might have also voted in their local elections also. Most state are not real careful about notifying other states in cases like this.

That is not the only issue but one that was known.

There was no system in place to trace down these voters and inform them that they were no longer eligible to vote.

I suppose that somebody is going to try to beat the sustem no matter what you do.

Apparently voter fraud is not a capital offense.

The process is a coming trend and does save money. The trick is on the counting end and the mailing end. When we had voting machines, I worked the elections for a number of years. When they closed

the polls down a few years ago it went to all mail. One of the issues we had when the polls were in operation was that a lot of college students had moved to different states and did not plan to return to Washington, and they still had a mail-in ballet. Some had been gone for ten or more years and still voted in the Washington elections. I suspect that they might have also voted in their local elections also. Most state are not real careful about notifying other states in cases like this.

That is not the only issue but one that was known.

There was no system in place to trace down these voters and inform them that they were no longer eligible to vote.

I suppose that somebody is going to try to beat the sustem no matter what you do.

Apparently voter fraud is not a capital offense.

That's the attitude of the Justice Department :unsure:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

That's the attitude of the Justice Department :unsure:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Especially with the current climate in the Justice Dept. :angry:

When I was a new Cop, I had Polling Place Duty at an area that had 3 precincts. In one precinct, there were 4 houses and this( http://graveyards.com/IL/Cook/rosehill/ ) with 200 voters.....

I wonder if anyone has investigated to see what the incidence of voter fraud is in America? I bet it is pretty low.

You gottta be kiddin. How do ya think O'Dumbo got elected? :lol: :lol:

Well, in our precinct during the 2008 elections, we had an unusually high number of first time voters.

We even had to run a class on how to vote because so many of the young people did not know.

They all came in like little robots and voted. It was and is scary.

I've been doing it for about 10 years here in Cuyahoga county (Cleveland area). You have to request an absentee ballot by mail and they send it to ya. You don't give a reason for the absenteeism just that you want one. I love voting at my kitchen table with coffee.

Rye

I wonder if anyone has investigated to see what the incidence of voter fraud is in America? I bet it is pretty low.

Looks like I gotta eat crow. The PEW Center just released their study on voter registration flaws. One in eight registrations are inaccurate. 2.8 million voters are registered in at least two states. 1.8 million registered voters are dead. Wow! That is pretty alarming. :blink::wacko::blink:

I would guess that we will get the old bromide that they need more money to clean up the voter

registration records. What the heck have they been doing for the last fifty years?

Not a damn thing apparently.

1.8 million registered voters are dead. Wow! That is pretty alarming. :blink::wacko::blink:

Half of which are registered as members of the Regular Democratic Organization of Cook County....

Archived