SASS Wire Forum

FS Browning 1885 38-55 TH

Haven't shot it much lately, so have decided to sell my Browning 1885 in 38-55; I'm into black powder and have two other single shots I'm shooting, when I shoot these days. Bought it new in 1999 or 2000 and have used it extensively in Long Range side matches till now. It's very accurate and consistant, never varies; you set the sights for whatever range you're shooting at and it will hit the target if you do your part. I've got the stock sights set so they'll go from 100 to 500 yards with two different loads. It has a Lee Shaver trigger, so the trigger is very crisp and clean. I loaned the gun to a fellow I met one morning at Winter Range who'd never shot the gun or long range for that matter and he took 3rd in Single Shot category that year (2003); couldn't shoot it quite fast enough. It won the Winter Range Single Shot category two years in a row when I was on my game; plus it's won many other Single Shot side matches, including Stampede in Nevada and Seige at San Juan in Colorado. It shows use but it still shoots like it always did and could win many more matches in the hands of a good shooter. I have sight setting charts for it out to 500 yards with two different loads and still have the original box for it. Can email pictures of it if interested. I want $1075 for shipped to your FFL.

Thanks for looking.

McLintock

Yeah, times are tough these days Sam, but 3 have responded but no buyers yet. Guess I could sweeten the pot a little by saying if someone wanted to pay the extra shipping cost, I could load up 100 each of my best loads and send them along also; they could get to shooting it right away.

McLintock

Please send pics to me at dutchcassidy@yahoo.com. I WILL take it as long as it has a full metal tang, ejector and is in good shape. A few cart dings will not deter me. Thanks

Dutch Cassidy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived