SASS Wire Forum

OT Favorite whole bean coffee?

My lovely wife decided that she wanted to try out grinding our own coffee, so she got me a grinder and a selection of whole bean coffees for Christmas. Now we're starting to run low on beans, and we're shopping. Here's the catch: I have to drink decaf, because caffeine plays havoc with my heartbeat...

So who's your favorite coffee roaster, do they have decaf beans, and are their products available online? Enquiring minds want to know...

The official coffee of the Lazy Bob Ranch. New Mexico Pinion Coffee

Just got 4 pounds in.

I also like this'n. Caribou Blend The supermarket carries it.

Whole bean coffee ain't cheap but life's too short to deny yourself. I stopped drinking cheap coffee about 10 years ago.:lol:

We go to 'Beaner's' coffee here in town, but a lawsuit by a Latino group made them change the name to 'Biggby' :rolleyes:

This Tuesday we will be going to Starbuck's to protest the anti-gun group protest of Starbuck's gun allowance policy.

http://www.biggby.com/

GG ~:FlagAm:

Arbuckles! Kinda pricey, but worth it.

My current favorite is Dunkin Donuts regular (and you can get it in decaf)

b4 that I was drinking these from Trader Joes:

Kuaui (pardon the spelling, but I called it the poormans Kona)

curley

The official coffee of the Lazy Bob Ranch. New Mexico Pinion Coffee

Just got 4 pounds in.

I also like this'n. Caribou Blend The supermarket carries it.

Whole bean coffee ain't cheap but life's too short to deny yourself. I stopped drinking cheap coffee about 10 years ago.:lol:

While I aint tryed da New Mexico Pinion Coffee yet........Maybe when I'm rich and retired ! :lol:

I get the Caribou Blend all the time, and love it ! :wub:

Anybody tried Civet? It's REALLY pricey!

Blackfoot

NO ! And I aint gonna neither ! I aint drinkin nothin dat comes out of the southbound end of a cat like animal ! :blink::wacko:

Sides.....I can buy a new weapon fer dat price ! ;)

While I aint tryed da New Mexico Pinion Coffee yet........Maybe when I'm rich and retired ! :lol:

I get the Caribou Blend all the time, and love it ! :wub:

I wait for them to have a sale before I order it. Keep checking their website.

When they run a free shipping sale it makes it worthwhile to me.

And it's 24 bucks for 2 lbs. Not much more than Caribou which I believe comes in 12 oz bags for about $10.

The pinon looks intriguing. I may have to buy some of their small bags and try it. May have to try the Caribou, too. Thanks, Bob!

My son in law gave me some of this for my birthday. Pretty good!. May be the best I've ever drunk.

www.croptocup.com

Could not get the link to copy.

So many coffees, so little time. I also have some recommendations from a friend of ours who worked for several years as a barrista in Montana, and suggested some Montana-roasted coffees, too. I guess I'll just have to get a bunch of samples and test 'em all. Thanks, folks!

So many coffees, so little time. I also have some recommendations from a friend of ours who worked for several years as a barrista in Montana, and suggested some Montana-roasted coffees, too. I guess I'll just have to get a bunch of samples and test 'em all. Thanks, folks!

Avoid the Cowpatty Supremo from up there. :lol:

I tried the Dunkin' Donuts brand recently and liked it. A fellow brings in Trader Joes for my group's Mr. Coffee and I like it more than the Folgers others bring. I am not fond of the New Mexico pinon coffee. I hate to knock a local product but the stuff has overtones of pine sawdust. I think I got a batch that had more wood than pinon beans ground in it. Try a local coffee shop that serves fresh brewed samples. Take home a pound of what pleases you.

Moore Coffee sells a Peaberry Coffee from Papua New Guinea that is just stunning for a medium-bodied coffee. It is not always in stock, so you have to grab it when it is in.

If you prefer a stronger coffee, we like the French Roast from Rocky Mountain Roastery.

I like Starbucks Breakfast blend. Sumatra is good too and Mocha Java at a place called Arabica's here. They all come in decaf.

Rye

I wait for them to have a sale before I order it. Keep checking their website.

When they run a free shipping sale it makes it worthwhile to me.

And it's 24 bucks for 2 lbs. Not much more than Caribou which I believe comes in 12 oz bags for about $10.

Caribou here sells for $ 6.99 a pound.

Archived