SASS Wire Forum

Rest in peace Ms. Whitney Houston

I just read an article in the local newspaper today that some couple started a charity for children who lose their parents or parent. Whitney found out about this when on tour near Cleveland and gave them a check for $5000.00, because she said that was a great idea. Her love of good causes was monumental. Too bad she didn't listen to people around her who I'm sure were telling her to slow down with the drugs and alcohol. She was a truly generous person.

Rye

I guess there's some people here that didn't like her very much and don't care that she's gone, but I can't figure out why you felt the need to post anything at all. If you were passing by a church during a funeral would you stick your head in and say "No big loss!"? She wasn't just a singer, and she wasn't just a drug user, but I doubt if anybody here knew her well enough to know anything else about her, and I really don't think anybody who took this time to remember her music was actually trying to encourage drugs or destructive behavior. And I don't think anybody would accuse you of promoting drugs if you just respectfully let this conversation pass you by.

I guess there's some people here that didn't like her very much and don't care that she's gone, but I can't figure out why you felt the need to post anything at all. If you were passing by a church during a funeral would you stick your head in and say "No big loss!"? She wasn't just a singer, and she wasn't just a drug user, but I doubt if anybody here knew her well enough to know anything else about her, and I really don't think anybody who took this time to remember her music was actually trying to encourage drugs or destructive behavior. And I don't think anybody would accuse you of promoting drugs if you just respectfully let this conversation pass you by.

Maybe we don't all have ths same thoughts that you do about a druggie, but we are still allowed to express em, or do we have to get your permission first? When a person begins down the path of self-destruction and does not stop, who else do they have to blame but themselves for their demise?

Maybe we don't all have ths same thoughts that you do about a druggie, but we are still allowed to express em, or do we have to get your permission first? When a person begins down the path of self-destruction and does not stop, who else do they have to blame but themselves for their demise?

Yup - you are allowed to post 'em - since your signature used to say 'Jacka%% by choice' who would expect anything different from you.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Gunner, can ya back up what ya say, or are ya just ragging on me as usual?

Got you mixed up with another guy that likes to say disparaging comments - for that I apologize.

...'ragging' is a two way street poncho...you give it, you'll get it ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

It would be nice if addiction were only a matter of free will. But alas, it's much more complicated.

Maybe we don't all have the same thoughts that you do about a druggie,

Really?

Ok then, I'll just assume you didn't understand a single word I wrote.

but we are still allowed to express em, or do we have to get your permission first?

Of course you're allowed, I'm just saying why would you? In a situation like this, why would you say anything no matter how true it is if it's just gonna make you look disrespectful and mean-spirited? That's just my opinion though, I could be way off.

Archived