SASS Wire Forum

Rest in peace Ms. Whitney Houston

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dies-at-48/

One of the most beautiful voices - was hopin' to hear you sing again someday

GG ~ :FlagAm:

The voice and heart of an angel. Seems girls like that get mixed up with the worst guys... Sad very sad... I do look forward to hearing her voice again someday too.

No more drug Demons ,RIP -_-

I don't think it was a surprise. It was more a question of "when", not "if".

What a shame and a waste. RIP.

Outside 48, inside 88, probably just wore out.

Always sad, so sad. Drugs

R.I.P.

Man oh man what a set of pipes that lady had!! She could sing like an angel. So sad, such a talent. Rest in peace pretty lady.

Rye

How do they get hooked up with that dam junk. Too sad.

Sadly, too many folks are looking for something that makes them feel OK inside. Some live long enough to learn how to fill that hole the better way, many, many do not....RIP pretty lady, your demon is gone now...

Just saw a short piece on Hollywood Drug Re-Hab institutions. $90000/month and they can't make it difficult(read effective) or the patient won't want to come back. In effect a revolving door.

She could sing!

There was a radio show yesterday (I am sure there were many) where they played many of her recordings. The show finished with The Star Spangled Banner from Superbowl XXV in 1991.

I remember sitting in my living room getting ready to watch the Super Bowl when that came on.

Have to say. I sit there with tears in my eyes watching it.

Hey gunner she was good but still a doper

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Pard - that is common knowledge and a sad history on her part. I personally know folks and have seen the effects and captivity of drugs on people...some of the kindest people I have known - including family. Some can overcome...some can't.

Still, she did many selfless things for people too and her talent shined....it's a tragic case indeed.

She was very talented and it's a shame that she died so young. But I have to ask, why all the hoopla in the media about it? I believe there are people dieing every day that have had so much more impact on the lives of others that aren't recognized at all. I understand the Grammy's, after all she was a very good performer and that was her thing. But Good Morning America and Nancy Grace and so many, many others that are just using her noteriety to capture an audience share is just wrong in my opinion. I don't get the hero worship thing, I guess. I was at a George Strait concert years ago and people had to be restrained from jumping onstage, really? I like his singing, but he's just a good ol boy up there singing and not the second coming. Our society is messed up, and unfortunately nothing good will come from the attention her death has caused. Tomorrow the attention will shift to something else, it always does.

She was very talented and it's a shame that she died so young. But I have to ask, why all the hoopla in the media about it? I believe there are people dieing every day that have had so much more impact on the lives of others that aren't recognized at all. I understand the Grammy's, after all she was a very good performer and that was her thing. But Good Morning America and Nancy Grace and so many, many others that are just using her noteriety to capture an audience share is just wrong in my opinion. I don't get the hero worship thing, I guess. I was at a George Strait concert years ago and people had to be restrained from jumping onstage, really? I like his singing, but he's just a good ol boy up there singing and not the second coming. Our society is messed up, and unfortunately nothing good will come from the attention her death has caused. Tomorrow the attention will shift to something else, it always does.

GH, all the atetntion is about ratings, they could give a good rat's a#$ whether she died or not. They'll play it for all it's worth until another headline grabs their attention. I have a very good friend who lost everything he had and nearly killed himself with crack cocaine. He said the addiction is so powerful not a day passes that he doesn't think of it. It ain't about strong or weak, race, money or anything else. It's about a demon getting hold of you and having been gripped pretty good myself years ago, it SURE wasn't because I didn't want to quit....

Pard - that is common knowledge and a sad history on her part. I personally know folks and have seen the effects and captivity of drugs on people...some of the kindest people I have known - including family. Some can overcome...some can't.

Still, she did many selfless things for people too and her talent shined....it's a tragic case indeed.

There are many things in this world that are tragedies. The 11 year old who was beaten to death in Pittsburgh for not vacuuming the floor, the young mother pushing her child in a stroller that was run over and killed buy a drunk driver, the National Guardsman who left his family and died for his country are tragic deaths.

A rich diva that thought that she was above the law doesn’t constitute a tragedy to me.

Life is about choices good and bad and we live or die by those choices. She made her choice

There are many things in this world that are tragedies. The 11 year old who was beaten to death in Pittsburgh for not vacuuming the floor, the young mother pushing her child in a stroller that was run over and killed buy a drunk driver, the National Guardsman who left his family and died for his country are tragic deaths.

A rich diva that thought that she was above the law doesn't constitute a tragedy to me.

Life is about choices good and bad and we live or die by those choices. She made her choice

Yes, Captain Righteous, I know...never said her trajedy was above anyone else's

Too bad that some folks don't have have your 'strength' to make the right choices in life.

I bet you walk on water too :rolleyes:

Now was that response really called for?

I make and have made a lot of bad choices in my life and I’m sure that I will continue to do so until the day I die.

That said I’m tired of hearing what a tragedy some junkies death was. This woman had everything in the world going for her and gave it all up for the pipe.

Drug addiction is not a disease that you catch from a dirty toilet seat or an infected person sneezing or coughing on you. To become an addict you must deliberately decide to commit a crime and then repeat that crime over and over. Who especially in the entertainment industry isn’t aware of what the results of picking up the pipe are? She thought she was above it. She wasn’t

Was her death a waste of a great talent? Yes it was, was it a tragedy, no it was as a direct result of the choice she made

Now was that response really called for?

I make and have made a lot of bad choices in my life and I'm sure that I will continue to do so until the day I die.

That said I'm tired of hearing what a tragedy some junkies death was. This woman had everything in the world going for her and gave it all up for the pipe.

Drug addiction is not a disease that you catch from a dirty toilet seat or an infected person sneezing or coughing on you. To become an addict you must deliberately decide to commit a crime and then repeat that crime over and over. Who especially in the entertainment industry isn't aware of what the results of picking up the pipe are? She thought she was above it. She wasn't

Was her death a waste of a great talent? Yes it was, was it a tragedy, no it was as a direct result of the choice she made

indeed it was - you don't seem to grasp the complexity of addiction on people - many reasons that some become addicted...even with legitimate, legal perscription drugs - it isn't always the street drugs pard.

...and yes her death was tragic because of the talent wasted (via drugs, a bad choice) that had the abilty to touch lives and support charitable means...and no her trajedy is not any greater or less than many other tragedies faced by so many - old, young - rich, poor.

indeed it was - you don't seem to grasp the complexity of addiction on people - many reasons that some become addicted...even with legitimate, legal perscription drugs - it isn't always the street drugs pard.

...and yes her death was tragic because of the talent wasted (via drugs, a bad choice) that had the abilty to touch lives and support charitable means...and no her trajedy is not any greater or less than many other tragedies faced by so many - old, young - rich, poor.

I spent the first eight years of an almost forty year law enforcement career as a probation officer. I know how drug addiction works and the devastation that it causes both to the addicts family and to society.

But I also know that it was a choice that they made and that they are responsible for and that we all as a society pay for their selfish decision to use drugs.

Ms Houstons death was a regretable waste of a great talent but it was far from my definition of a tragedy your definition is very different and I respect that

[/size]

OK - fair nuff pard....

Still would like to see the walking on water trick :P (jus kiddin' )

have a good weekend :D

"But I also know that it was a choice that they made and that they are responsible for and that we all as a society pay for their selfish decision to use drugs. Ms Houstons death was a regretable waste of a great talent but it was far from my definition of a tragedy your definition is very different and I respect that."

Taking your logic one step further, I think you're saying that if someone chooses to break the law they deserve what they get and therefore their death in this case wouldn't be tragic. What if it's a high school kid and his friends out drinking and he wrecks his car, losing his life in the process. Would you consider that to be tragic? What if that driver or a passenger in the car was your child or grandchild? Never forgive and never forget, right? I'll back off, I respect your right to your opinion, and you've earned the right to disagree. This world is harsh enough without squabbling over semantics. I guess she got what she deserved, by your standard, but I can feel compassion for her anyway, tragic or not.

The one I feel for is her daughter as its rumored she may be headed down the same road. Hopefully, a guiding spirit will intervene and give her happiness.

Yup..

Archived