SASS Wire Forum

Anti-boycott Starbucks on Feb. 14th

Sixgun Symphony #62632

When I paid in $2 bills the young man behind the counter said "Gee I haven't seen one of these in years". I explained the $2 bill and anti-boycott to him...he hadn't heard of the boycott or the anti-boycott. He did thank me for supporting them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about anyone elses Starbucks but the two shops that I went totoday had not shortage of customers. I don't think the anti-gunners did too good a job putting out the word about their boycott or else the NRA and SASS did a very good job putting out the word for the anti-boycott.

NRA is wise to stay of this silly tinkling contest. Everything was done by word of mouth, or other (non NRA related) pro 2A groups.

btw.....the three Starbucks I went past today didn't have a shortage of costumers either......

:FlagAm:

I did what I think I shuldda done, I went to the bank and asked for some two dollar bills, got sorta funny look but they gave them to me anyay. I went to two Starbucks and they didn't have a clue as to why I wanted to pay them with funny money. So I went into a long explanation why I was giving them the two dollar bills.........

They thoght it was cool, and thanks.........not much publicity out there about this.

Here in California, you can't carry a weapon anyway wheather it's carried openly or hidden, loaded or unloaded with VERY few exceptions. Exceptions are law enforcement, Diane Feinstein, or a gang member or other criminal.

Actually that's not quite true. In our county, San Luis Obispo, CCW permits are quite common. Contrary to popular belief, California is not one big city. It is 99% rural with plenty of gun racks and conservative voters.

Fillmore

I bought a bag of beans, Breakfast blend. I didn;t get the2 dollar bills but told them why I was buying which was kinda funny because I go in there about once a month or so. The girl thought it was pretty cool and asked me what kind of gun I was carrying. She also gave me a free cup of coffee with the beans. They always do. Starbucks rocks!B) Rye

I did my duty. Went to the local Starbucks, bought a cup of hot joe, and paid for it with the $2.00 bill. The clerk didn't know anything about the 'boycott' and when I explained it to her, the only response was,"Oh. Have a nice day".

I really think that all those piercings create a sort of force field around their heads, that sucks all of the common sense out.... :huh:

Hit my local Starbucks to get beverages for me and The Missus. Seemed as busy as usual. Asked them "How's bidness?" "Same as always" they replied, "maybe moreso". (Folks around here don't pay much attention to nitwits.}

I posted this on my Facebook page, and got a lot of positive - and a few negative! (might have to screen my friends more carefully!) comments, then stopped on my way to work. The polite young man behind the counter opined as how he hadn't seen so many $2.00 bills in a year - and that was at 7:00 a.m.

At Lock Stock & Barrel, Lead Dispencer and Longshot's Firearms dealership, they went out once in the morning to buy coffee for the staff, and then went back again in the afternoon!

Starbuck's was crowded, both times.

Cheers,

FJT

Actually that's not quite true. In our county, San Luis Obispo, CCW permits are quite common. Contrary to popular belief, California is not one big city. It is 99% rural with plenty of gun racks and conservative voters.

Fillmore

;) The REAL 99%!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived