SASS Wire Forum

Anti-boycott Starbucks on Feb. 14th

Sixgun Symphony #62632

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't like coffee, SB makes great hot chocolate too. :blush:

I'm takin' my Valentine to our local Starbucks. Bank's right next door.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I'm feeling da need for a cup of Starbucks on the 14th.

Don't much care for their coffee but like their stance on guns !!!

And I've got the back of any company that backs the rights of firearms owners ...

Good Post

Jabez Cowboy

OMG! :wacko::wacko::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I just read the following on the National Gun Victim's Action Council Website (group organizing the boycott) about what would happen to public safety if only criminals had guns.

"There is only one explanation for these facts: It is the law-abiding citizens with guns, not the criminals, who are committing the majority of the gun homicides.

We would have a fraction of the gun homicides we have if only the criminals had guns. Criminals are interested in getting money, not in killing people. Over 50% of U.S. gun homicides are due to arguments not criminals. (FBI Annual Uniform Crime Reports).

* The NRA and gun lobby block any law that would make it harder for criminals to get guns. WHY?, Because sales to criminals represent 25% of the Gun Industry’s annual sales. (Source: Expert witness report filed as part of the 1999 NAACP lawsuit vs. the Gun Industry.) Then the NRA claims everyone needs to carry a gun at all times to protect themselves from armed criminals. This is very clever marketing— create the demand, then provide the supply."

I hope I am correct in thinking that most folks would realize how illogical this is.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I just read the following on the National Gun Victim's Action Council Website (group organizing the boycott) about what would happen to public safety if only criminals had guns.

"There is only one explanation for these facts: It is the law-abiding citizens with guns, not the criminals, who are committing the majority of the gun homicides.

We would have a fraction of the gun homicides we have if only the criminals had guns. Criminals are interested in getting money, not in killing people. Over 50% of U.S. gun homicides are due to arguments not criminals. (FBI Annual Uniform Crime Reports).

* The NRA and gun lobby block any law that would make it harder for criminals to get guns. WHY?, Because sales to criminals represent 25% of the Gun Industry's annual sales. (Source: Expert witness report filed as part of the 1999 NAACP lawsuit vs. the Gun Industry.) Then the NRA claims everyone needs to carry a gun at all times to protect themselves from armed criminals. This is very clever marketing— create the demand, then provide the supply."

I hope I am correct in thinking that most folks would realize how illogical this is.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Criminals don't buy guns from legitimate sources.

So I'm guessing that would skew any statistics regarding annual sales.

And BTW how do they know that 25% of the Gun Industry's sales go to criminals.

Probably Fast & Furious Part 2.

I thought criminals couldn't buy guns anyhow.:blink: I am so confused. Oh, right. That's the idea.:lol:

"We would have a fraction of the gun homicides we have if only the criminals had guns."

Then we can all sit around in a circle an sing Kumbya.

Allie Mo: I think most folks on this forum realize how illogical it is but I'm not sure about the general public. They seem to be a bunch of sheep. I have a relative that buys into all this crap. Needless to say we don't visit very much.

Waimea (nothing here to confiscate)

I don't even drink coffee and I'm on vacation in Florida, but I'm headin to the bank and Starbucks at first light tomorrow. Gotta support those that supports us!

* The NRA and gun lobby block any law that would make it harder for criminals to get guns. WHY?, Because sales to criminals represent 25% of the Gun Industry’s annual sales. (Source: Expert witness report filed as part of the 1999 NAACP lawsuit vs. the Gun Industry.) Then the NRA claims everyone needs to carry a gun at all times to protect themselves from armed criminals. This is very clever marketing— create the demand, then provide the supply."

Regards,

Allie Mo

You have that right! They point to "a source" and claim "Over 50% of U.S. gun homicides are due to arguments not criminals". If the claim were legitimate, they would have specified which FBI UCR document the statistic came from.

For example this UCR shows link the "Expanded Homicide Data Table 11—"Murder Circumstances by Weapon, 2010" that has 8,775 total homicides by firearms. Using only "Brawl due to influence of alcohol, Brawl due to influence of narcotics, Argument over money or property, and Other arguments" we get a total 2,133 homicides caused by arguments. That is ~24%. For handguns it is 1,487 against a total 6,009 is ~25%.

Maybe they meant another year. :rolleyes:

Basically, they are misrepresenting the data.

Howdy Rye, My suggestion: web sites to buy raw beans: Sweet Maria's or Burnam Coffee. You can experiment with all kinds of beans for the best coffee you ever had roasted fresh the way you want it. Really, you will never go back to store bought.

The best bean roaster I have found is the Nesco Professional Smokeless Roaster found on the Burman web site. Its ~$160.00, and it is the smallest drum roaster available. Truste me here, hot air roasters are really smelly, but cheap. Hot air roasting beans don't smell nice like the coffee does. For example, Kenyan beans taste really exotic, but smell like burning rail road ties while being hot air roasted where fumes are push into you house. Drum roasters don't let really the smell out, so beans make a nice aroma in your house while roasting.

Virgil, Thanks for the info. Rye

Howdy,

Many years ago I questioned a fella about publishing a story about hunting accidents.

I said that he well might be giving the antigunners valuable info.

He said the gungrabbers MAKE UP their own statistics to suit themselves and

makein folks aware of real problems makes the shootin world safer.

Since then I have looked at what the gungrabbers say and I notice NO Sources

are mentioned whenever they have statistics.

Watch the gungrabbers statistics, they are mighty thin on sources.

Happy Valentines DAY.

Best

CR

Went by my normal Starbucks (normally go 1 or 2 times per week); explained to the girl at the counter about what was going on, and left some $ to buy the next person to come in a cup. May go hit another one here at lunch. -- Grizhicks

The Starbucks in Astoria, Queens (NYC) was going good business this morning. But since this was Duh Mayatolla's Kingdumb, I don't think it had anything to do with our BUYcott.

Just got back from the local Starbucks. Open carried my Colt .45 1911. Told the ladies I was there to support them cause of the anti-gun boycott. They insisted on giving me my coffee free plus a free sample of frappaccino. Had to buy a Starbucks gift card for my wife just so I could spend some money there.

Gotta love small towns and Arizona.

KingSnake

Just got back from our Starbucks. 4 coffees and a tea. The barista noted that she had been seeing a lot of $2 bills today and wondered what was up. After I spoke with her for a while she got quiet and said "how come every whack job group out there thinks they have the right to tell us how to run our business?" Insisted on giving me a carmel dessert roll for free. Said thanks and my wife and I split it.

Regards

Gateway Kid

Maybe there is hope for some of our younger generation after all.

I just got back from the local Starbucks here in Florida. The manager didn't know the boycott was national. She thought it was only out west. I explained to her about it. She didn't know you could carry concealed in Florida. I told her I was here to support their position on gun rights and she was glad to sell me some coffee and a travel mug.

Mac

I just drove through the bank and got $20 worth of $2 bills. Went next door to Starbuck's and ordered a cup of coffee. Paid with (2) $2 bills. The guy hadn't seen any in a long time he said, and I explained why I was using them and shopping there today. He didn't know about the ban, but said his corporate office had just sent them instructions on how to handle any demonstrations. Now he knows why. He gave me the coffee free. I then picked up a stainless steel insulated cup and paid with the $2 bills.

Cash

I don't know about anyone elses Starbucks but the two shops that I went totoday had not shortage of customers. I don't think the anti-gunners did too good a job putting out the word about their boycott or else the NRA and SASS did a very good job putting out the word for the anti-boycott.

My local Starbucks was doing a brisk drive up business.

I don't normally drink coffee but I went and found they had Smoothies so I got me one.

Paid for it with 2 - $2 bills.

No sign of any boycott.

Not even sure the attitude exists in Colorado.

Got my $2 bills, went to Starbuck's and bought a pound of Decaf Sumatran. Asked the barista if he had seen many $2 bills today,and he said NO, so I explained. He seemed amused, did not know about the anti-boycott. The lady behind me gave me the eye, trying to figure out where my gun was. I was not carrying, but I didn't mind her looking.

When I got home, my wife gave me a Valentine's present...a pound of Starbuck's decaf Pikes Peak roast. She had heard me mention the anti-boycott, so she thought she would surprise me. She doesn't carry either.

Anyone like a cup of decaf? :blush:

I went to Starbucks and got a coffee and a breakfast sandwich. Crowded as heck in there. No sign of a boycott. Here in California, you can't carry a weapon anyway wheather it's carried openly or hidden, loaded or unloaded with VERY few exceptions. Exceptions are law enforcement, Diane Feinstein, or a gang member or other criminal. I do think you can carry an unloaded long gun.

Maybe Starbucks started a boycott rumor to spur sales. :lol:

Archived