SASS Wire Forum

Anti-boycott Starbucks on Feb. 14th

Sixgun Symphony #62632

Anti-gun groups are going to boycott Starbucks on Febuary 14th because they won't make their stores into a "gun free zone". So lets support Starbucks Coffee with a purchase. If you don't drink coffee, they have various teas and hot apple cider.

Note: Many gunowners will be purchasing their coffee with $2 bills so that Starbucks will know how many 2nd Amendment supporters are supporting them with a purchase. You can get the $2 bills at any bank.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I normally don't patronize Starbucks becaue I don't like their coffee & it's way over priced anyway. But since it's for a very worthy cause and there's one about 5 blocks from my house I reckon I better stop by the bank & get a bunch of $2 bills.

I'm not a big fan of Starbucks either but for this cause, consider it done!

I recon it'll take me about 3-4 $2 bills for a cup on the way to work next Tuesday.

I'll be there on Tuesday with a fist full of two dollar bills!

Mac

If Starbucks won't let you carry in their store, why would you buy anything (using any denomination bill) from them??

But they do...the anti's are all worked up because Starbucks won't put up "No Weapons" signs. If you're a permit holder, you can carry in Starbucks.

If I read their 'Things to do ' list correctly, it looks like it will be an ongoing boycott starting on Valentine's Day. Reckon' I'd better git me a whole s--tload of $2.00 bills...... :huh:

I stop in now and then and buy their coffee beans. I love they're coffee. They always give you a FREE cup when you buy a bag of coffee. I'll be stopping in there fer sure. I'll give 'em a 2 dollar bill also. Great idea!:) Rye

For those who think they're coffee tastes burnt or too bitter it's because you're used to the crap that is sold in the stores that was roasted 6 mos- 1 year ago and then vacuum packed. Starbucks coffee doesn't stay on the shelf at they're stores or the grocery store for no more than 90 days. Starbucks started the trend to making coffee like our parents used to buy (if yer old enuff fer that). They have different blends and some are bitter but they're still fresh. I like their "Breakfast Blend" myself.

Rye, a coffeeholic :P

Dudes, I roast my own coffee, but I will be sure to hit up SB on Feb 14 and probably take my wife and kids too.

Virgil, that's really interesting. Where do you get a roaster and where do you buy the raw coffee beans? Sounds like sumthin I would like to get into doing. Thanks, Rye

Virgil, that's really interesting. Where do you get a roaster and where do you buy the raw coffee beans? Sounds like sumthin I would like to get into doing. Thanks, Rye

Rye, most of the mega supermarkets have a gormet coffee section and you buy the beans already roasted. They have a grinder. You put the beans in a sack and weigh them until you get the amount you want. Then pour the beans in the grinder, set the dial to the grind you want, put the sack under the chute & turn it on. When it's done remove your sack of coffee and take it to the checkout. Better than most of the national brands and a whole lot fresher and not as expensive as SB.

If you want to roast your own beans you'll need a gas oven set to 500°. Place approximately 1/2 pound of green coffee beans on a thick bottomed or perferated baking sheet. Place beans in a single layer. Bake for approximately five minutes or until a 'popping' or crackling noise is heard (called first crack). Then, begin checking roasting progress every minute. When beans have reached your desired level of roast (5-10 minutes of total roasting time), carefully remove the sheet of beans from the oven and transfer them to a cool baking sheet. Refridgerate the beans for 5 minutes to stop the roasting process. Once cool, transfer beans to a collander and stir to remove the chaff. Place the cool roasted beans in a glass jar and seal until ready to brew coffee. Beans will be at their best from 1 day to 3 weeks after roasting.

If you don't have a gas stove just do a search for coffee roasters. But they can be pricey.

Got a pocket full of $2 Bills for Tuesday.

They've got a new, lighter roast they call Blonde. (Hey, I resemble that!) It's pretty good for those of us that like a milder brew.

I've got some NRA stickers that I'm going to attach to the $2 Bills, just to make sure that Starbucks sees the source of the support.

Too many corporations automatically caved to the anti-gun nutters. It's time to support a firm that stands on principle.

Howdy Rye, My suggestion: web sites to buy raw beans: Sweet Maria's or Burnam Coffee. You can experiment with all kinds of beans for the best coffee you ever had roasted fresh the way you want it. Really, you will never go back to store bought.

The best bean roaster I have found is the Nesco Professional Smokeless Roaster found on the Burman web site. Its ~$160.00, and it is the smallest drum roaster available. Truste me here, hot air roasters are really smelly, but cheap. Hot air roasting beans don't smell nice like the coffee does. For example, Kenyan beans taste really exotic, but smell like burning rail road ties while being hot air roasted where fumes are push into you house. Drum roasters don't let really the smell out, so beans make a nice aroma in your house while roasting.

I'm not a "coffee boutique" kinda guy but have been a Starbucks supporter ever since they refused to knuckle under to the PC idjits..I should stop there more often and get a cup of joe or tea just to support them..And that goes for all 2nd amendment supporters!

I will make it a point to stop by there on the 14th..With $2 bills! B)

Here in the Pacific Northwest, strong coffees are the norm. While I have another local preference for the "good bean", I will be getting my $2 bills Monday when the banks open again.

I find it so typical on the referenced anti-gun site that they say what the Glock did..... Amazing that the pistol did all that by itself....

Howdy,

I never did care for starbucks coffee but Ive bought coffee cups and

coffee makers there. They had the first press coffee maker I ever saw.

Grind coffee, boil water, measure coffee into maker, pour in boiling water

time about 5-7 minutes, press the plunger and pour coffee into cup.

Pour remaining brew into heated thermos.Bring on the day.

Starbucks also makes great cookies, buns, and other tasty items.

And I think I will leave em a $2 tip.

Best

CR

With my knee surgery, I know I'm not going anywhere on the 14th, but I'd sure like to support Starbucks. I've got to go into Huntsville (closest place for Starbucks) for doctor's appointment the 16th and will stop by the drive-thru with a handful of $2 bills as tips for the employees.

Sure would appreciate it it if someone would have a cup of their favorite for me on the 14th. :FlagAm:

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Do a Bing Or Google search for GUNS AND COFFEE. You'll find a cool logo with the Starbucks siren with a pair of bottomfeeders (autoloaders). I did some modifications to her and came up with a cowgirl with a pair of six-guns. I'm gonna make a metal sign of her and put it in my gun shop's coffee corner.

I don't know how to post it, though.

Mustang Gregg

Anti-boycotting from the Sandpit

Rye, most of the mega supermarkets have a gormet coffee section and you buy the beans already roasted. They have a grinder. You put the beans in a sack and weigh them until you get the amount you want. Then pour the beans in the grinder, set the dial to the grind you want, put the sack under the chute & turn it on. When it's done remove your sack of coffee and take it to the checkout. Better than most of the national brands and a whole lot fresher and not as expensive as SB.

If you want to roast your own beans you'll need a gas oven set to 500°. Place approximately 1/2 pound of green coffee beans on a thick bottomed or perferated baking sheet. Place beans in a single layer. Bake for approximately five minutes or until a 'popping' or crackling noise is heard (called first crack). Then, begin checking roasting progress every minute. When beans have reached your desired level of roast (5-10 minutes of total roasting time), carefully remove the sheet of beans from the oven and transfer them to a cool baking sheet. Refridgerate the beans for 5 minutes to stop the roasting process. Once cool, transfer beans to a collander and stir to remove the chaff. Place the cool roasted beans in a glass jar and seal until ready to brew coffee. Beans will be at their best from 1 day to 3 weeks after roasting.

If you don't have a gas stove just do a search for coffee roasters. But they can be pricey.

And proper roasting is a real art!

I can grind with the best of 'em but roasting is above my pay grade. :lol:

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Do a Bing Or Google search for GUNS AND COFFEE. You'll find a cool logo with the Starbucks siren with a pair of bottomfeeders (autoloaders). I did some modifications to her and came up with a cowgirl with a pair of six-guns. I'm gonna make a metal sign of her and put it in my gun shop's coffee corner.

I don't know how to post it, though.

Mustang Gregg

Anti-boycotting from the Sandpit

I hope Starbucks doesn't raise a stink about trademarks,.Guns and Coffee

Archived