SASS Wire Forum

Colt Single Action Army

The one you say is a pinch frame.....is it a Black Powder Frame with the screw holding the base pin in?

I believe the Pinch frame refers to the first 160 Colts made in 1873 by the way they pinched the frame to make the rear sights groove. Both should only be shot with black Powder as Colt did not warranty them for smokeless powder until 1896 and up. Other sources say 1900.

Either way, they are probably are worth it especially with Stag grips. E-mail sent. Thanks

Big Jake

:FlagAm: Hey the Camp,

This hurts. I have two very nice COLT S.S.A's in .45Colt. They are both first generation. The oldest was made in 1894, it is a pinch frame. Sort of a faded color case with good blue, bulls-eye ejector, no dings or hard treatment. The youngest made in 1895 is a cross- pin frame, it exhibits beautiful blue color case also with nice blue, again with bulls-eye ejector. Both very smooth. Taken care of and mostly been together since new, same estate from western Nebraska, did everything together with an old cowpoke there. Both graced with nice antique stag grips. Both look swell and function perfectly. The bores are very nice. I am the third owner. These can be very pricy. I don't think I am out of range asking $2600.00 each or $5000.00 for the pair, a good chance to get two for about the price of one as nice as these. No one should be disappointed. Please don't P.M. me. E-mail me for pictures at Gbenschoter@sbcglobal.net. Not the quickest but will reply. Thanks. :unsure:

BUGGY O'

Gary Benschoter

SASS #48243

Sent you an E-mail

Reb

This hurts. I have two very nice COLT S.S.A's in .45Colt. They are both first generation. The oldest was made in 1894, it is a pinch frame. Sort of a faded color case with good blue, bulls-eye ejector, no dings or hard treatment. The youngest made in 1895 is a cross- pin frame, it exhibits beautiful blue color case also with nice blue, again with bulls-eye ejector. Both very smooth. Taken care of and mostly been together since new, same estate from western Nebraska, did everything together with an old cowpoke there. Both graced with nice antique stag grips. Both look swell and function perfectly. The bores are very nice. I am the third owner. These can be very pricy. I don't think I am out of range asking $2600.00 each or $5000.00 for the pair, a good chance to get two for about the price of one as nice as these. No one should be disappointed. Please don't P.M. me. E-mail me for pictures at Gbenschoter@sbcglobal.net. Not the quickest but will reply. Thanks. :unsure:

BUGGY O'

Gary Benschoter

SASS #48243

It would be good to get letters from Colt on these I would think. There are and have been some good copiers out there.

Sounds like a good deal; However the pinched frame is about the rarest of rare when it comes to Colt SAA'sOnly about the very first 160 guns had the pinched frame and are incredibly valuable and rareI think you probably meant Black Powder Frame with retaining screw for cylinder pin rather than push pin

The pinched frame was made only in 1873-74 as only a very few guns were actually made in 1873...1874 was the first full production year.

This hurts. I have two very nice COLT S.S.A's in .45Colt. They are both first generation. The oldest was made in 1894, it is a pinch frame. Sort of a faded color case with good blue, bulls-eye ejector, no dings or hard treatment. The youngest made in 1895 is a cross- pin frame, it exhibits beautiful blue color case also with nice blue, again with bulls-eye ejector. Both very smooth. Taken care of and mostly been together since new, same estate from western Nebraska, did everything together with an old cowpoke there. Both graced with nice antique stag grips. Both look swell and function perfectly. The bores are very nice. I am the third owner. These can be very pricy. I don't think I am out of range lower price asking $2000.00 each. No one should be disappointed. Please don't P.M. me. E-mail me for pictures at Gbenschoter@sbcglobal.net. Not the quickest but will reply. Thanks. :unsure:

BUGGY O'

Gary Benschoter

SASS #48243

Pinched frame? Error in description? Sorry.

Archived