SASS Wire Forum

Became "Damned Yankee"

Yup, as of yesterday, I'm no longer domiciled amid the foothills of the Adirondacks. For right now things are in MAJOR flux, living out of the hillbilly airstream In the beautiful Low Country of SC. Had breakfast in Savannah, GA, just down the road, and rode the motorcycle to Home Depot near Hilton Head this afternoon. Gotta get a new printer for the confuser tomorrow so I can print invoices and postage, and catch up on my work.....

Those who know me well will eventually hear the "rest of the story" (channelling Paul Harvey), but suffice to say life is NEVER certain. Things you think are done might not be, and things you thing are forever might be temporary after all.

So, with the notable exceptions of my son's graduation in June, and Green Mountain Mayhem before that, I expect t be about 1000 smiles away from the old "dacks" for the forseeable future. As things settle down I expect to get in some shooting in SC and/or GA, but right now the plate is a mite full.

I did ride my motorcycle today, sleeves rolled up on the flannel shirt, no jacket on, and got a little sun. Life is good.

Well in Jacks neck of the old woods Saturdays forecast is for a low of 5 above with a high of 14 above.

While I don't know the exact forecast where he currently is at,I know his Saturday there will be warmer than the Dacks.

You take care Jack and keep the sun on your back,some day you will eventually thaw out. See you in May your Pard Sgt. Jake

Jack,

Regardless fo the circumstances, that's good news... now I can plan on visitin' all year long... (with my guns so we can go shootin')!!!!!:lol:

Why not come visit us in California? Weather is nice, got some roads that are reputed to be nice for motorcycles, some great shooting....won't be a damn Yankee out here....

I've always wondered, is it "Damned Yankee," "damnyankee," or something else?

Good question.

Actually, I always thought the phrase, 'Damn Yankee' was an oxymoron..... :lol::lol::lol:

Hey AJ. Welcome to the Southland. We should cross paths a few times. I'm scheduled to shoot the GA State (May), Rockcastle annual in KY (May), NC State (June).

Hey, in SC, ya don't have to wear a helmet on that cycle. Ya done good. There are some places still left in the USA where some freedoms have not been abridged by those who always know whats best for you.

..........Widder

Good question.

Actually, I always thought the phrase, 'Damn Yankee' was an oxymoron..... :lol::lol::lol:

Hey AJ. Welcome to the Southland. We should cross paths a few times. I'm scheduled to shoot the GA State (May), Rockcastle annual in KY (May), NC State (June).

Hey, in SC, ya don't have to wear a helmet on that cycle. Ya done good. There are some places still left in the USA where some freedoms have not been abridged by those who always know whats best for you.

..........Widder

Widder, I expect one way or 'nuther we will cross paths fairly soon. I haven't yet ironed out enough details of the immediate future to know just how that will work. All I DO know just now is I got orders stacked up, and just came back from walmart with a new printer so I can do them up and get em in the mail.

I just have to figure out how to download some software for my web site hosting thing so I can make changes from THIS confuser. Other'n that, the only significant TEMPORARY change is I won't be able to make bullets for a while as the machine is still in NY and I have no place to set it up anyway. Mebbe by the time I go back up for GMM (Memorial day) and my son's HS graduation in June, I will be able to get that going again.

I HAVE TO wear a helmet, unless I want 2nd degree burns on the noggin, and that assumes I stay upright :) It is handy not to have to mess with vehicle inspections though. For somebody who always did their own wrenching, they seemed a redundant exercize in pocket picking.

Howdy AJ

For whatever reason you find yourself in the South.

Welcome to it from another Damn Yankee.

I moved down from Mass. 11 years ago and love it here.

The folks are friendly and the shooting is great!

What more could you ask for?

You picked yourself a nice spot to settle too.

Ride easy, Pard,

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Sure someone will tell me what mountain moved and you wound up in SC but regardless it sounds like a great reason for shrimp and grits.

Shrimp yes, but having fed calves and hogs a few times, I don't do grits, thanks.

Besides, there are enough of us damned yankees here that the gals at Ihop have learned how to cook yankee food pretty well :)

Archived