SASS Wire Forum

Old Kids Shows

Seeing Loophole's post on another thread about Sally Star got me to thinking about the old kids shows that were locally produced before children's programming became nothing but commercials for toys and video games.

You can find your state and then local TV market here ... http://captainerniesshowboat.com/kidsshowhost.html

Enjoy the trip down memory lane pards.

There's some shows I watched in Illinois that never made it on the list. I remember a book also on kids show, and isn't even listed on that. But during the 50s weekdays from 4-5pmcst, there was Chuck Bills adventure hour. Chuck Bill wearing a Ramar pf the Jungle type outfit would host serial, 2 chapters a day, sometimes 3 to finish on Fridays. Then on Saturday he would host from 1PM to 5PM a complete serial. Later you could join a Chuck Bill Adventure club with a neat membership with a secret code. Then weekdays he would give a secret code so you could find out how the hero survived the calamity.

Elmer the Elephant was my favorite, as was Garfield Goose. MT

Seeing Loophole's post on another thread about Sally Star got me to thinking about the old kids shows that were locally produced before children's programming became nothing but commercials for toys and video games.

You can find your state and then local TV market here ... http://captainerniesshowboat.com/kidsshowhost.html

Enjoy the trip down memory lane pards.

OMG, Capt......there are shows there that I had long forgotten...thanks for the link.

Kid's TV has certainly changed.

LL

Some of those I never missed,Cap'n. Ron and Linn for sure, Mr. Jingaling, Woodrow. Never thought Romper Room was a franchise, though :blush:

"You can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but ya can't fool Mom".

"Tell 'em Barnaby says 'hello'".

I feel sorry for today's kids. It was good to grow up in the Golden Age of TV.

I sure remember that saying, Cap'n. I believe it was " You can fool some of the people all the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time, but, you can't fool Mom". The two pics of Penfound must be some years apart. didn't he pass from cancer?IIRC, he also did weather for the station at one point....Buck :blush:

One of our very own was part of the Uncle Ducky show in Ind, for 10 yrs as Silly Willy the clown,,,,won't tell who it is, but iffn he fesses up yu most likely wudn't be tuu surprised.

Cheyenne

My favorite as a little tyke in Southern California - before bein' shipped off to Texas for my growin' up years - was Bill Stulla, "Engineer Bill."

A really cool thing for a 5-year old was the animated Superman episodes, with a quick shot of the "real" Superman in the studio... who happened to be our next-door neighbor. Between my Uncle Joe bein' the local "Ice Cream Man" and livin' next door to Superman life was good! ^_^

I was on Romper room. By myself (only kid) It snowed over a foot the night before and my dad was the only one to get me to the studio. I got to do everything! On my 45th birthday, my mom and wife had the episode put on dvd for all partygoers to see. Talk about funny! I even wore a two gun rig back then!

Cash

One of our very own was part of the Uncle Ducky show in Ind, for 10 yrs as Silly Willy the clown,,,,won't tell who it is, but iffn he fesses up yu most likely wudn't be tuu surprised.

Cheyenne

So what you're telling us is that Korupt Karl's shirts are actually bits and pieces of his old TV show wardrobe?? :lol:

Buffalo, NY had Rocketship 7 on in the morning with Dave Thomas.

And then after school we had Commander Tom and a host of puppet characters.

Commander Tom went on to be the Tom Jolles (sp) the weather man on Channel 7 for YEARS.

My Aunt dated him in High School. That was fun stuff when we were kids.

She ended up marrying a real Lt Commander in the Navy. I think they just passed their 54 anniversary.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Archived