SASS Wire Forum

I'll sponsor a first-timer to the St. Jude's Charity Shoot on Memorial Day Weekend - finally claimed!

About this time last year, I was on the fence about going to the St. Jude's Shoot. Everybody said it was a great time, and for a wonderful cause. I had never shot anywhere but my home club, and I just wasn't sure...and then Cascade Charlie offered to pay the entry fee for some first-timers to St. Jude's. I took him up on it, I went, and I'm hooked. It's simply the best for any number of reasons: the people, the steak fry, the auction and raffle, but mostly, for the purpose. $40,000 raised last year, and a quarter-million over the life of the event, all for the kids.

So, here's the deal. This has to be your first time to the St. Jude's Charity Shoot, and you've got to promise me you'll show up. For the first cowboy or cowgirl that posts an "I'll take it" and can meet those two criteria, I'll pay your entry fee and buy your steak dinner (a $35 value). Or, if you want to bring your significant other or another shooting pardner, I'll pay both your entries (a $40 value), and the steak dinners are on you.

Here's a link for more info.

http://www.shadycreekshootists.com/Charity2012.htm

Make me pay up. We'll both be glad you did.

:FlagAm: God Bless America, and God Bless the Shady Creek Shootists and Illowa Irregulars.

I really wish I could take you up on it. I've never been to a big shoot, plus I try to give to st judes each year. Unfortunately I just started a new job and can't take the time off.

I do wish to say thank you for being a great individual. Hopefully someday we meet. Id really like to shake your hand for what your doing

Respectfully

Evil Dogooder

I'll go, I'll go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never been to a BIG Shoot Mr. Asa! Lol All kidding aside who ever takes him up on this is in for a Great time!!!!!

IT'S FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top for ya Asa.

Evil, I wish you could be there, too. Good luck with the new job, and thank you for the kind words. I'm just paying forward a kindness from last year.

Rudy, I always look forward to shooting with you and Lady Cheyenne - just two of the many good folks that'll make this shoot fun.

Back up for the morning folks...

About this time last year, I was on the fence about going to the St. Jude's Shoot. Everybody said it was a great time, and for a wonderful cause. I had never shot anywhere but my home club, and I just wasn't sure...and then Cascade Charlie offered to pay the entry fee for some first-timers to St. Jude's. I took him up on it, I went, and I'm hooked. It's simply the best for any number of reasons: the people, the steak fry, the auction and raffle, but mostly, for the purpose. $40,000 raised last year, and a quarter-million over the life of the event, all for the kids.

So, here's the deal. This has to be your first time to the St. Jude's Charity Shoot, and you've got to promise me you'll show up. For the first cowboy or cowgirl that posts an "I'll take it" and can meet those two criteria, I'll pay your entry fee and buy your steak dinner (a $35 value). Or, if you want to bring your significant other or another shooting pardner, I'll pay both your entries (a $40 value), and the steak dinners are on you.

Here's a link for more info.

http://www.shadycreekshootists.com/Charity2012.htm

Make me pay up. We'll both be glad you did.

:FlagAm: God Bless America, and God Bless the Shady Creek Shootists and Illowa Irregulars.

I am going to send this to Sassee Starhearst. She can ride up with Doc and Katie. Great gesture!! I did the same for three other entries

Asa... I think you'll get a taker... don't panic

What most folks (that's never been to this shoot) don't realize is that this shoot is a mostly "fer fun shoot"..

We have some of the best shooters in the Midwest come to this shoot to compete..

and if they screw up a stage... they laugh about it instead of getting mad about it..

Yep.. everybody wants to shoot a great match.. but not too many folks are worried or get upset about it if they don't..

Except fer that one stage.. :wacko:

On that one stage you'll see folks slow way down and take a lot of time aiming their guns...

Cuz folks have pledged dollars to St. Judes Kids fer every clean shooter on that stage...

Rance <_<

Thinkin' somebody will be a taker :)

It's for the kids :)

Still havin' fun :lol:

BTT

And this year, we have two stages that the shooters have to really try to shoot clean. Stage 1 has $7 pledged per clean shooter and Stage 7 has $3 pledged per clean shooter so you all get a challenge each day!!!!

Come on folks - if you've never been to this shoot, you have to give it a try!!!!

IT'S FOR THE KIDS - AND THEY NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

There must be a lot of cowboys (and girls) out there who don't look at this wire because I've been getting applications from folks who are new to the charity shoot and they're not taking advantage of this offer. If it's OK with you ASA, I'll mention it in an email I'm going to be sending out to our entire group of about 350 cowboys. It'll be probably Tuesday or Wednesday when I send it out and I can give them your email address if that's OK with you. Please let me know.

Shamrock Sis

Sis, maybe they just want the entry fee to go to The Kids.... That is, after all, The Cowboy Way....

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner....

A brand new cowboy shooter, MT Pockets, has taken me up on my offer. I'm looking forward to meeting him, and expect he'll have a head start...he's going to shoot with Frisco Red, Missouri Traveler and Missouri Lefty, so he's struttin' in tall cotton (especially with Missouri Lefty).

Welcome MT!

A brand new cowboy shooter, MT Pockets, has taken me up on my offer. I'm looking forward to meeting him, and expect he'll have a head start...he's going to shoot with Frisco Red, Missouri Traveler and Missouri Lefty, so he's struttin' in tall cotton (especially with Missouri Lefty).

Welcome MT!

Hot diggity dang! It must be karma Asa. This is the first time I've seen this thread and BANG! You get a taker!

Thanks, for doing this, pard. You're a stand-up guy and one who "get's it".

Folks...Don't forget...There is still one more offer of sponsorship here on the wire, so somebody help the kids and yourself at the same time.

Remember...It's for the kids.

Cascade Charlie and Tenshot Tammy

Welcome MT!

Yeah, 'cause that Frisco Red is such a piker! Hell, I could beat him with both his hands tied behind his back and a couple of bags of shot in each of his boots!

Welcome MT!

CR

I wish I could attend, but I cannot

So, Asa, I duplicate your offer.

Just inform me where to send the check.

COckrOach,

I have another person who emailed me about the shoot who is a new shooter to the charity shoot so I will let her know that you have an offer here on the wire for a free entry for her. If you would please email me at sisandta@gmail.com, we'll go over the specifics. Thanks for helping the kids!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Come on folks.... This is a great shoot. 2 days of shooting for a 20 yankee greenback entry fee??????? That's cheaper than cheap and you will never meet a better group of people. I met up with some of the group a few years back and was extended an invitation and have been back every year since. Now they are an extended family to me..... One that I love more than some blood kin.....

Archived