SASS Wire Forum

Chronicle foto

wordsmith

I am saddened to see there are at least four idiots in Sass: the two who posed for the picture of a shotgun aimed at a participant, the photographer who took the photo and whoever put it on the front page of the Chronicle. So much for the four basic rules of firearm safety.

Word Smith

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone looking at the photo can tell it is staged and NOT a shooting scenario. Reminds me of all the BS about the Bond Derringer cartoon in the Dillon catalog of shooting snakes next to a lake and all the carping that shooting over water is unsafe. I know it's winter but, hopefully, there are better things to do than whine about a little literary license in the Chronicle and calling people idiots.

You are talking about some of the Best people SASS has to offer. It was a staged picture at a photo shoot.

Rowdy Rex

Close examination shows the "bad guy" is standing forward of the wall, the "good gal" is back close to the wall, and the gun is NOT sweeping him, but in fact is pointed between him and the wall. There was much discussion of the photo at our house...not whether good or bad, but how long it would take for someone to complain.

CS

I am saddened to see there are at least four idiots in Sass: the two who posed for the picture of a shotgun aimed at a participant, the photographer who took the photo and whoever put it on the front page of the Chronicle. So much for the four basic rules of firearm safety.

Word Smith

Hello,

I'm very suspicious of you. You list a low SASS number and this is the first time you've posted on the Wire.

I wasn't done. I think maybe I had an AD while posting. :unsure:

I'm shocked that someone who has been a part of SASS as long at you claim (by your listed SASS number) to have been would come online with such a critical post, especially when others feel the photo was staged. IMO, if you loved our sport like I do, you might have written the editor or someone at the match first to find out if your concern was justified or if it was a staged photo before claiming we are unsafe for "all the world to see."

BTW it's photo not foto.

Regards,

Allie "bee in her bonnet again" Mo

Word Smith

PPS What "set me off" was the part I emphasized with red font.

Miss Mo, maybe we need to get you a Shetland pony, so you won't have so far to go to get on your high horse. What is wrong with having a low SASS number and asking a question or making a statement? Guess ya also noticed that he just joined the wire 13 minutes before posting too. No complaints there?

:lol: :lol:

I wasn't done. I think maybe I had an AD while posting. :unsure:

I'm shocked that someone who has been a part of SASS as long at you claim (by your listed SASS number) to have been would come online with such a critical post, especially when others feel the photo was staged. IMO, if you loved our sport like I do, you might have written the editor or someone at the match first to find out if your concern was justified or if it was a staged photo before claiming we are unsafe for "all the world to see."

BTW it's photo not foto.

Regards,

Allie "bee in her bonnet again" Mo

ALLIE,

I'm surprised that you didn't catch his name as 'Wordsmith' and then misspelled the word "foto" (photo).

..........Widder :wub:

Miss Mo, maybe we need to get you a Shetland pony, so you won't have so far to go to get on your high horse. What is wrong with having a low SASS number and asking a question? Guess ya also noticed that he just joined the wire 13 minutes before posting too. No complaints there?

He didn't ask a question at all.

Think someone is just trying to get a rise out of everyone.

But if not. Why get upset over a STAGED poto.

Heck. They STAGE gunfights in TV shows and movies. Maybe you better stop watching any of those also. :wacko:

Think someone needs to get a life.

Word Smith

Miss Mo, maybe we need to get you a Shetland pony, so you won't have so far to go to get on your high horse. What is wrong with having a low SASS number and asking a question? Guess ya also noticed that he just joined the wire 13 minutes before posting too. No complaints there?

Dear Jackie,

Please show me the question he asked.

Yes, I noticed.

ALLIE,

I'm surprised that you didn't catch his name as 'Wordsmith' and then misspelled the word "foto" (photo).

..........Widder :wub:

Dearest Widder, :wub:

That is why I corrected him. Am I missing a joke here? :unsure:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Someone was right when they said that those two posing for photo are some of the finest people in sass, besides that they are really in love with each other so you can bet she checked that shotgun alot before aiming it. Is this really the first time you seen people posing like that? And since we're loose with names here, I only

see one idiot here.

Foto is a long-accepted (even way before the internet age where we see so much dumbing down) alternate spelling for a long accepted abbreviation for photograph. No penalty, no foul. If you want to get technical, neither abbreviation would be acceptable and only the full length word used.

Not to start anything new but that really low SASS number is not the only flag. The name wordsmith is not registerd with SASS either. Think maybe he's just a trouble maker looking to stir a little dust on here.

Not to start anything new but that really low SASS number is not the only flag. The name wordsmith is not registerd with SASS either. Think maybe he's just a trouble maker looking to stir a little dust on here.

If hes not a SASS member he must have seen this months chronicle on the local news stand. Adios Sgt. who hasn't seen this months chronicle yet Jake

Sad. Very sad. Do folks really think that shotgun was loaded? We are getting so PC in this country that when somebody sees somebody living life they freak out. Heaven forbid somebody ride a bicycle without a helmet. Or let the kids play outside. Or stage a photo with real guns.

Let's live people!

Said very quietly with much shame.

I used to run with scissors.

Sad. Very sad. Do folks really think that shotgun was loaded? We are getting so PC in this country that when somebody sees somebody living life they freak out. Heaven forbid somebody ride a bicycle without a helmet. Or let the kids play outside. Or stage a photo with real guns.

Let's live people!

YEP.

We are in more danger of getting injured by 'splatter back' than anyone getting injured on the front page of the chronical staging this particular pix.

..........Widder

I'm going to stick my neck out here just a bit and disagree with the majority.

Is the photo staged? yes , I would think so.

Are the people involved idiots? no, not at all.

Is this an example of poor gun handling? yes, it is.

I am sure that 99.9% of the people on this forum know the four basic safety rules for handling firearms, at least two of them are being violated here. What percentage of people that see the front of the Chronicle understand this like we do. A number of people who are not shooters see this paper and it is possible that some of them will think this is an OK practice. In my opinion we should always seek to demonstrate safe and proper gun handling.

Have any of you folks noticed the picture of those bad hombres on the OUTLAW TRAIL advertisement on the home page?

Yep, I know they ain't real people in the pix but nontheless, the pix shows guns being pointed right at ya.

About as much harm in one as is in the other. Its just a staged pix.

..........Widder

Word Smith

With 90,000+ registered members, I'd be surprised if there were ONLY four idiots in SASS. I can think of one right off the top of my head; he goes by the alias "wordsmith".

Word Smith

C'mon we know that's not true.....there's a lot more than four ^_^

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

When I saw the cover of the Chronicle 2 thoughts immediately came to mind. 1: it was really funny and 2: someone would complain about it.

It's not really cold enough here for cabin fever to have set in but I guess it has in other parts of the country.

We are to the point where the standard question of Mary Ann or Ginger should cause people to lose their temper and start abusing folks that hold the opposite view.

and I favor Mary Ann.

Archived