SASS Wire Forum

H&R Target Classic .38-55

I bought this as a long range side match rifle four years ago, and have since purchased an Italian Sharps and a Shiloh Sharps. I installed a pillar block on the wrist and mounted a short tang sight on it. The chamber hasn't been opened up, but I've found it to be accurate enough with .379" bullets and Goex Cartridge.

THE SIGHT

When I bought this rifle, I sent it in and had it fitted with a second barrel in .500 S&W mag. I'll sell the whole setup for $500, shipped & insured, if your FFL will take delivery from an individual.

I only shot the .500 barrel a few times and never chrono'd the loads. When ya shoot 700 grainers, they don't have to be going very fast to knock an elk down though! Ya just have to get close, lol.

I'm always willin' to trade guns for leatherwork.

I'm always willin' to trade guns for leatherwork.

Wrong thread?? I've got guns for sale, not leatherwork, lol.

What's the bbl length?? Thanks

B)

The Target Classic came in one barrel length only - 28".

OK, then I'm always willing to trade leatherwork for guns.

Ah. Well, I never made a living at it, but I have been doing leatherwork since I was about 12 - started out with something from Tandy called the Lucky something kit... Lucky 7? Lucky 13? Something like that. I never progressed beyond a Tippmann Boss, but it's served the purpose for many years. :)

Archived