SASS Wire Forum

Halftime Show performed by Madonna

Ain't into music or the freak shows. Sounded good to me and was the first time I ever got ta watch something like that in HD. Thant was neat, course I ain't even got one of them pones ya walk around with and yack into in the 4 wheeler, store, whereever :lol:

Then getten ta watch the game in HD BIG SCREEN, THAT WAS COOL! :D

Ditto that!!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well to each his own. I enjoy good music and good entertainment as much as the next fellow.

I do not enjoy people with little or no talent being shoved at me with lights backdrops and other

cover ups. Madonna is not special to me as a singer, and I do not agree with her personal conduct

so I choose to ignore her. If that is your cup of tea, drink up.

Morality and talent are two different things.

I will say, the ending notwithstanding, that the football game was one of the better games

I have seen and definitely one of the best Superbowl games. I suspect that Brady got racked

by the defense and his arm may have been an issue. Now the long haul to August and September.

but...there always has to be a spoiler...

http://www.foxnews.c...-halftime-show/

I watched the whole show and somehow missed this. I must've been gawkin' at Madonna.

Over the years, I can honestly say I've never missed a Super Bowl halftime show. Yep, I've never watched them, and I don't miss them one bit. :lol: Always find something more important to do at halftime.

Guess I just ain't into celebrity adulation.

I figure they all gotta sit down to take a crap just like us regular folks.

Maybe, but it smells like roses, don'tcha know! :lol:

(However, dey toots an' breath gives 'em away...!) :rolleyes:

Yeah, Pack, but then you miss the recap of the first half by the sideline boys.

Without that, how are you going to know if you enjoyed the first half or not,

and what are your prospects for enjoying the second half.

I realize that this is not a perfect world, but perhaps at some future date, we will

have evolved as a species, to where we will no longer have to actually play the game.

The "experts" will tell us how the game would have been played, and therefore, who would

have won. That would leave more time for more commercials and thus more $$$$ for

the NFL and Broadcast central. Factor in the fact of not having to pay the players salaries

and the sideline personnel's and the financial gain could be significant.

Of course there would still be the cost of the stadium for backdrop, but that could be

off set by the cost of tickets to sit in the stand and cheer a non existant game while

attempting to appear on TV in some weird costume or without one at all. :lol:

Well to each his own. I enjoy good music and good entertainment as much as the next fellow.

I do not enjoy people with little or no talent being shoved at me with lights backdrops and other

cover ups. Madonna is not special to me as a singer, and I do not agree with her personal conduct

so I choose to ignore her. If that is your cup of tea, drink up.

Morality and talent are two different things.

I will say, the ending notwithstanding, that the football game was one of the better games

I have seen and definitely one of the best Superbowl games. I suspect that Brady got racked

by the defense and his arm may have been an issue. Now the long haul to August and September.

That's a Bingo :D

Simone Simons

If they really want to get people's attention, get this woman to sing next year at halftime. And yes, she CAN sing!

Simone Simons

If they really want to get people's attention, get this woman to sing next year at halftime. And yes, she CAN sing!

Looks like a Celtic beauty ;)

I missed it. I was back in the woods on the Nordic skis near Lake Wenatchee with some of my kids and grandkids at the time.

One of the great things about Super Bowl Sunday is that there is hardly anybody out there and you have the woods pretty much to yourself.

For you Washingtonians, Lake Wenatchee is a great place to camp and cross-country ski in the Winter; they groom 20 miles or so of trails, right down to the lake. We use a Cabelas Alaknak 12'x 20' foot wall tent with 4-Dog wood stove, bunk cots, etc. Cozy as a cabin in the woods! And-- the heated restrooms are only a couple hundred feet away!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info Red, but I would have a hard time talking myself into sleeping

in a tent in the dead of winter in the mountains. I did that too often as a youngster.

It sounds like a lot of fun, but the ole bones would just creak at the thought of it.

Glad you had a great day with your family.

I also Like George Strait, Bruno Mars, Faith Hill, Katy Perry, Josh Groban, Tony Bennet, Brad Paisley, Frank Sinatra and Keiko Matsui.

Variety, sez I! :lol:

Yes!

Gotta be on a cot, though, Badger, and gotta have a wood stove going. Then it ain't bad at all, even though the bones do creak!

And I don't say nay to a sleeping potion, neither, when called for...

Can't let the grandkids think the old mountain man can't cut it. :rolleyes:

I read 'em Jack London stories and now they call me Old Koskoosh-- he's the Indian the tribe left to the wolves when he was too old and blind to make it to the next camp!

That story (The Law of Life) and one of his others, To Build a Fire, are great told around the crackling stove in the big tent!

Hey, Jack London goes good in any camp.

With Mr. MacNaughton near by.

I think I will wait for the warm weather. I did buy an inflatable mattress

for my tent. Maybe when the weather gets warmer I will test it.

I might take Mr. MacNaughton along for company. Sitting around the

campfire telling lies and sippin'. Well that goes right good.

Looks like a Celtic beauty ;)

Actually, Simone Simons is from The Netherlands, but that is a GREAT idea! Get Celtic Woman to do the halftime show at next years Super Bowl.

Actually, Simone Simons is from The Netherlands, but that is a GREAT idea! Get Celtic Woman to do the halftime show at next years Super Bowl.

Ah - a glorious Nederlander :)

She shore did alot of squattin', wonder if she was a catcher in high school girl's softball???

That other peice of crap that flipped the bird is a real peice of work. Godsave us!:angry:

Yeah, I love how folks will let their kids sit through overtly sexual ads, witchcraft, gay friendly spots and other abominations, and then pretend to be offended that some performer shot a one fingered salute at the camera.

I still say this explains it all a lot better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awGkBWTlZPE

PS> If someone flipping the bird offends you, you probably don't want to watch this video. ;)

I also Like George Strait, Bruno Mars, Faith Hill, Katy Perry, Josh Groban, Tony Bennet, Brad Paisley, Frank Sinatra and Keiko Matsui.

Variety, sez I! :lol:

What about Herb Alpert and Tiajuna Brass?

Seems to me that Madonna's talent is bad dancing and mediocre singing. Her musical abilities might be enhanced if she didn't wast so much lung capacity on the bad dancing. And of course, she's copied by every other no-talent female singer from Brittany Spears to Katy Perry to any mindless teenager in a singing contest. Why all these mindless twits seem they think they have to turn a song into a high school level choreography drill is beyond me. If you're any good, just stand up there and sing - or learn to play an instrument and then stand there playing your instrument and sing. Save the song and dance routine for Broadway musicals where they can be enjoyed by like minded individuals without spoiling other folks supper.

Oooops, didn't realize I had slipped into "rant mode" there. "My bad!" :P

Yeah, I love how folks will let their kids sit through overtly sexual ads, witchcraft, gay friendly spots and other abominations, and then pretend to be offended that some performer shot a one fingered salute at the camera.

I still say this explains it all a lot better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awGkBWTlZPE

PS> If someone flipping the bird offends you, you probably don't want to watch this video. ;)

Maybe I'm readin' something into yer post that ain't there (and if so, disregard the following.......), but what makes you think all those of us who object to the finger on national TV in the middle of the afternoon/early evening condone that other trash you are citing?!?

"Flipping the bird" on a very rare occasion where it is warranted between two folks - does NOT offend me, and I've done it - and stood for the consequence.

Flipping the bird on national TV with the highest viewership of the year, by a public figure (sanctioned simply by the performance on nat't tv) implying that it is "acceptable" behavior offends me greatly when it is viewed by younger minds with the implication that this is "ok". This further engenders the slow breakdown in societal values and it's simply not acceptable anymore.

Harvey

Who's beginnin' to understand some of the curmudgeon viewpoint.

My bad. Not directed at anyone here. My opinion is that if you are going to watch an artist that is known to be rude and offensive, (or in the case of the organizers, if you are going to hire an artist that is known to be rude and offensive, then you shouldn't act all surprised when they do something rude and offensive) Especially as a publicity stunt.

A very wise man once told me.... Never get mad at a sinner for acting like a sinner.

I guess "my hypocrisy only goes so far" :D

PS> My favorite halftime show was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers a couple years back. Now that's a class act!

Bottles, a round for all the old curmudgeons! (don't want to get on thier bad side) :D

Maybe I'm readin' something into yer post that ain't there, but what makes you think all those of us who object to the finger on national TV in the middle of the afternoon/early evening condone that other trash you are citing?!?

"Flipping the bird" on a very rare occasion where it is warranted between two folks - does NOT offend me, and I've done it - and stood for the consequence.

Flipping the bird on national TV with the highest viewership of the year, by a public figure (sanctioned simply by the performance on nat't tv) implying that it is "acceptable" behavior offends me greatly when it is viewed by younger minds with the implication that this is "ok". This further engenders the slow breakdown in societal values and it's simply not acceptable anymore.

Harvey

Who's beginnin' to understand some of the curmudgeon viewpoint.

Archived