SASS Wire Forum

Halftime Show performed by Madonna

Yeah, I watched the half time show, and it left me thinking,... whatever.

It has become such a spectacle that, oh, I don't know, I guess I'm just too old to 'get it' any more.

For what it was, it was well done.

Yeah, I watched the half time show, and it left me thinking,... whatever.

It has become such a spectacle that, oh, I don't know, I guess I'm just too old to 'get it' any more.

For what it was, it was well done.

Isn't it supposed to be? :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I'm with you about Kelly Clarkson's anthem, Gunner, but that halftime show was comical. If she'd played her classic stuff that I actually know and like, it would have been a lot better.

Vogue, Open Your Heart, Like A Prayer...are...somewhat classics :D

Madonna is a classic example of beauty bein only skin deep.

:blink: :blink: Ya mean it goes deeper din dat ? :blink: :blink:

Bunch of old gyezers sitting around talking about Madonna.

Kinda makes me want to go watch Reservoir Dogs....

:P :P :P

Ridgetop (Boy that was really exciting. I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan aren't ya) Rich

Most entertaining concert I ever saw was Don Williams.

He came out, sat on a stool, talked, played guitar and sang. No dancers, no light show, no fireworks, no fancy stage.

Don Williams is just oh-um to me.

His music has almost the same beat, some rythum, same time and same tone.

just can't seem to like him..........

IMHO.

Don Williams is just oh-um to me.

His music has almost the same beat, some rythum, same time and same tone.

just can't seem to like him..........

IMHO.

I can see why you might say that.

At least he never strutted around singing a song with the only words being "I L U V Madonna" If I strutted around singing "I L U V Grizzly Dave" would you call that entertainment? :D

Most entertaining concert I ever saw was Don Williams.

He came out, sat on a stool, talked, played guitar and sang. No dancers, no light show, no fireworks, no fancy stage.

I loved his concert. Only thing different from yours was he sat on the steps leading up to the stage instead of a stool :)

I can see why you might say that.

At least he never strutted around singing a song with the only words being "I L U V Madonna" If I strutted around singing "I L U V Grizzly Dave" would you call that entertainment? :D

I'd pay a buck to see that.

Big Jake

Guess I just ain't into celebrity adulation.

I figure they all gotta sit down to take a crap just like us regular folks.

You and me both. People these days seem to love to worship celebrities, and then get disappointed when they let them down. Or even revel in their troubles. Further, they revel in bashing anyone for any reason, as if making light of others trouble somehow makes their own miserable life better.

People are people.

I also like Lady Gaga and Cee lo Green.

So shoot me. :lol:

IMHO, At least Madonna has a good singing voice. Most of 'em now are packaging and backup singers....

I've always liked Madonna's voice...it's the lyrics and the act that I never quite grasped.

Always figured that she must have had a bad time of it in Catholic school.... :blush::blush:

LL

My wife went to a Catholic school ~ she now considers herself a 'recovering Catholic' :D

I kept waiting for a close-up of her, but it never happened. I think she looks darn good for her age!!

I also Like George Strait, Bruno Mars, Faith Hill, Katy Perry, Josh Groban, Tony Bennet, Brad Paisley, Frank Sinatra and Keiko Matsui.

Variety, sez I! :lol:

One of the better halftime shows - for a lady in her mid-fifties she did darn good - and the special effects are getting wild :)

I gotta disagree. never was a fan of hers although I'll give her one thing she's in great shape and at least she's got no "enhancements". I just can't stand her music or her voice for that matter. Rye

I'd pay a buck to see that.

Big Jake

I'm with you Jake!! :lol:

We could take up a collection for the chapel and have ol' Grizz do his act at CAC this year!! :FlagAm::FlagAm:

I gotta disagree. never was a fan of hers although I'll give her one thing she's in great shape and at least she's got no "enhancements". I just can't stand her music or her voice for that matter. Rye

Different strokes for different folks ;)

Ain't into music or the freak shows. Sounded good to me and was the first time I ever got ta watch something like that in HD. Thant was neat, course I ain't even got one of them pones ya walk around with and yack into in the 4 wheeler, store, whereever :lol:

Then getten ta watch the game in HD BIG SCREEN, THAT WAS COOL! :D

Archived