SASS Wire Forum

Project Update

Utah Bob #35998

I spent the day applying all the donated soil I have received so far to the base.

Alaska

Arkansas

Colorado

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Michigan

Missouri

Mississippi

Montana

Nevada

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wyoming

Egypt

England

Iraq

Philippines

Sicily

Vietnam

Germany

Hopefully more will come in next week. :FlagAm::)

UPDATED 2/11/12 to add Nevada Texas and Iraq! :)

Got my letter yesterday, UB. I'll probably frame it and put it up on my loading room wall along with the letters from the bust project after 9/11 :FlagAm::blush:

Thanks again for your contribution Amigo. :)

I'll be sure to post pics when it's complete.

Just got a commitment from the Badger State! :D

And Deutschland.

Got my "thank you" letter from your Post Commander yesterday, UB. A very nice letter, and I will frame it and hang it in an appropriate space in the man cave.

Well it's about 98% done.STill missing some states but I was going to take it to the VFW meeting tonight.

But they postponed it because some guys are going to the Caucus (which I thought was a mountain range).

So the grand unveiling will be at the next meeting. I'll keep adding soil as it comes in.

Just for you contributors, I'll get some pics today and post them for y'all so you'll be the first to see it. My sincere thanks again to those who have been so kind as to support this little project. :FlagAm:

UB, it may be a "little project" in size, but nothing small about it in either heart or dedication.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Okay, got the new pics up now. Whataya think?

Dang, Bob! That's just absolutely gorgeous! Very nice workmanship, great planning to tie everything together, including the protective covers, etc.

I'm proud to have just a small part in it.

This current mode is the WWII/Korea one. We can change it to Vietnam, Desert Storm, OIF, or Afghanistan with a swap out of rifle and helmet (still acquiring proper boots). Actually we could even do WWI come to think of it. Don't want anybody to feel left out.

Grand unveiling at the post will be Thursday. :):FlagAm:

Dang Bob, it's beautiful! Thanks for letting me help out with it. I got my letter the other day and it's framed and hanging proudly on my den wall.

Dutchman

And a big hand salute from me to all you who have helped out. SASS people are the best! :):FlagAm:

Hey Bob, I notice Texas isn't on the list. If you want I could send you some. Let me know.

Hey Bob, I notice Texas isn't on the list. If you want I could send you some. Let me know.

I have two promises from Texas. Just haven't received anything yet. The Blue states are the ones that really concern me at this point. Thanks.

What about Oklahoma? I'm just south of the border here. Let me know if you do end up needing Texas or Oklahoma soil. I can get both easily.

What about Oklahoma? I'm just south of the border here. Let me know if you do end up needing Texas or Oklahoma soil. I can get both easily.

Here's a list of what I have what's promised and what I don't have.

My link

La and Ms soil samples on the way...mailed out today.

Thank you Sir.

Thank you Sir.

DELAWARE will be represented.... Package was sent this morning to your address. So sorry I have 'missed' this. SALUTE! :FlagAm:

La and Ms soil samples on the way...mailed out today.

Got 'em! :FlagAm:

Archived