SASS Wire Forum

Target Plans

Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L

Can anyone point me to some plans to build a clay pigeon launcher?

Thanks

Hey BCB, I started to build them last winter, New ulm Granite city GS. Flyin Doc Koyote

Anita nugun, 2X Tom. Have purchased them and have good reports on performance. I will loan

you one to copy or you can try one and purchase if you like. also Muley may be able to help with your 180gr schofield load.

Leadspittin Lefty

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Are you looking for a trap (thrower mechanism)?

Or a pigeon flipper for open choke SASS shotgun use?

Please be specific.

I have the plans for a pop can/charcoal/pigeon "flipper" that throws almost vertical and not far out.

Mustang Gregg

Please be specific.

I have the plans for a pop can/charcoal/pigeon "flipper" that throws almost vertical and not far out.

Mustang Gregg

I'd like to get plans for a shotgun targets that once in drops launches a clay up for the second shot.

Is that what you're talking about?

Frenchy

Yup, that exactly what I've got.

You can put clay bird, charcoal brickett or pop can on the flipper bar and it is "launched" up ward and slightly aft by the KD target that hits the forward lever arm. It works great for a follow-up shot from a SXS or pumpgun (if ye remembered to load two). :lol:

Yup, that exactly what I've got.

You can put clay bird, charcoal brickett or pop can on the flipper bar and it is "launched" up ward and slightly aft by the KD target that hits the forward lever arm. It works great for a follow-up shot from a SXS or pumpgun (if ye remembered to load two). :lol:

PM sent!

Frenchy

Please be specific.

Mustang Gregg

Yep the can/charcoal/pigeon flipper is what I'm looking for. Sent you a PM.

Thanks

Hey BCB, I started to build them last winter, New ulm Granite city GS. Flyin Doc Koyote

Anita nugun, 2X Tom. Have purchased them and have good reports on performance. I will loan

you one to copy or you can try one and purchase if you like. also Muley may be able to help with your 180gr schofield load.

Leadspittin Lefty

yeah, I was admiring yours at Squinty Eye last fall, but I'm not sure when I'm gonna get back to MN (too busy shooting twice a weekend here in AZ) :blink: I didn't bring my welder down, I'm thinking I'd just bring the plans to a local welder. I figured out a load for the Schofield and am going to try them out before High Noon at Tombstone next week.

Thanks for the kind offer!

Thanks

Still looking for plans for a clay pigeon popper, one that throws a clay after the popper is knocked down.

thanks

http://www.dswelding.com/featured-items.html Scroll down to "Bird Can Thrower"

Give a call to these folks. They may not give you the plans, but they have exactly what you are looking for. The best in the business, great to deal with, and built tough. They are in California, so shipping kinda gets ya.

MJJ

http://www.dswelding.com/featured-items.html Scroll down to "Bird Can Thrower"

Give a call to these folks. They may not give you the plans, but they have exactly what you are looking for. The best in the business, great to deal with, and built tough. They are in California, so shipping kinda gets ya.

MJJ

Yep, that's why I'm looking for plans, to avoid the shipping and just take the plans to a local welder.

Thanks

Thanks

Hey Bob, you might try contacting Cantankerous Jeb, I think he has drawings of the launchers

at I4I. But the real hurtle will be the launching arm material.

If you know anyone driving from MN to winter range, I will supply you with a demo to

use at N/C

Lefty

Archived