SASS Wire Forum

Illinois Gun Ban

All you Illinois pards who are tired of the Chicago thugs pushing the state legislature around, pay attention.

You can become an instant felon ...

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-st-louis/illinois-tries-again-to-ban-so-called-assault-weapons-50-caliber-rifles

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=1294&GAID=11&GA=97&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=57470&SessionID=84

The fight is on. Get involved, contact your rep, and tell them to vote "no".

If this passes, it will just embolden them in D.C.

Look at who the sponsors are. All of them are deeply entrenched Cook County Democrats.... Like Obama....

So, my .54 cal. Hawken muzzle-loader would make me a criminal in Illinois if this passes. As well as anyone who does Civil War re-enacting, or owns a family heirloom Brown Bess or Charleville from the Revolution.

And the "grandfather clause" would, in effect, be gun registration (prior to confiscation).

If this passes, I see another court case coming....

Time for a fight!

eGG

Is Illinois is on its way to being another Kalifornia ? :blink:

Impeach them all out of office .

Then Vote in Gun Rights People .

Dam politicians forget They work for us ! :angry:

Sorry to hear of Illinois Fire Arm Struggles .

Yup! Chicago and its politics are as crooked as California is liberal. And with Rhom there it can only get worse. On the other hand, we here in Indiana have Senator Dick Lugar....a Republican....who is in Obama's (front) pocket when it comes to anti-gun legislation.

Exactly why I will not even drive through Illinois. I'll drive 300 miles out of the way to not go into the state. My CCW is not good there--- my 10+1 50-110 1886 winchester long range rifle will make me a felon too. :unsure:

Just a plug for the IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day)

We have a rally where we march on the state capital March 7, 2012

Last year we had about 5000 people from all over the state. This year we expect more.

Here is the link

www.igold.isra.org

Hope to see ya there.

Them Illinois flatlanders need to move north. Wisconsin now has one of the best concealed carry laws. We also didn't have our taxes go up 66% last year, and not only didn't our tolls go up 80% this year, but we don't have tollways. Ya'all come up here for vacation, so might as well move. I was born in Chicago then moved up to the border then snuck across and don't want to come back.

Them Illinois flatlanders need to move north. Wisconsin now has one of the best concealed carry laws. We also didn't have our taxes go up 66% last year, and not only didn't our tolls go up 80% this year, but we don't have tollways. Ya'all come up here for vacation, so might as well move. I was born in Chicago then moved up to the border then snuck across and don't want to come back.

Wisconsin is beautiful, but you have one thing there that we have here in Illinois that I don't get along with........SNOW!

If it weren't for my grandkids, I'd be gone like a rifle shot...... 16 inch Naval Rifle, that is.....

This nutcase does this every year, even though it hardly ever makes it out of committee and if it makes it to the floor it is soundly voted down. Not a reason to ignore it, but a reason to be vigilant.

Just take note that if you are south of I-80 it's a totally different state.

-J.D.

This nutcase does this every year, even though it hardly ever makes it out of committee and if it makes it to the floor it is soundly voted down. Not a reason to ignore it, but a reason to be vigilant.

Just take note that if you are south of I-80 it's a totally different state.

-J.D.

And west of I55.........

I live in Texas but just spent six months in Illinois. Didn't take any guns for obvious reasons, but felt mighty lonely without them. It seems Illinois is run by dirty little Chicago gangsters who think they're above the God given constitution of the USA. It's time for a massive nation wide cleanup, and return to the values that made the USA the greatest nation on earth.

I live in Texas but just spent six months in Illinois. Didn't take any guns for obvious reasons, but felt mighty lonely without them. It seems Illinois is run by dirty little Chicago gangsters who think they're above the God given constitution of the USA. It's time for a massive nation wide cleanup, and return to the values that made the USA the greatest nation on earth.

Your assessment on Chicago's politicians doesn't even come close to scratching the surface....

I'll be an outlaw! My Model 1870 50/70 Springfield trapdoor will send me to the poky! I have quite a few 19th century 50+ caliber black powder and black powder rifles. Gotta love my state! :angry:

I'll be an outlaw! My Model 1870 50/70 Springfield trapdoor will send me to the poky! I have quite a few 19th century 50+ caliber black powder and black powder rifles. Gotta love my state! :angry:

Tie that scurvy dog to the yardarm!!

Exactly why I will not even drive through Illinois. I'll drive 300 miles out of the way to not go into the state. My CCW is not good there--- my 10+1 50-110 1886 winchester long range rifle will make me a felon too. :unsure:

Nope. The law only applies to semi-automatic weapons and explicitly excludes modern bolt actions, pumps and slides, and lever actions. It excludes cap'n'ball and flintlocks, original and replica. It also excludes shotguns (except for 'street sweepers'), muzzle loaders and their replicas from the .50 caliber rule. Come on, read the text of the proposed legislation instead of relying on bloggers who have trouble comprehending a complete sentence. If you are going to write your legislator, make sure you get your facts straight.

But, yes, Illinois is trying to go California on you. The one place you need to fight it on is the following - Sec 24-1.9. (a)(1)(B)(iii). It bans the sale of any semi automatic rifle with a detachable magazine and a fore stock. That would ban the sale any semi-automatic hunting rifle in production that doesn't have a fixed magazine.

It would ban the sale of semi-automatic shotguns with folding stocks or fore stocks, too.

Here is the text of the legislation.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/97/HB/PDF/09700HB1294lv.pdf

(B) a semi-automatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has any of the following:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) a pistol grip or thumbhole stock;

(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel, and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;

(iv) a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

You could always move to California, ha ha! Shoot, here we can't have any type of action in 50 BMG, but then that gave rise to the .416 (I think it is) which is a flatter shooting, just as devastating round. Smithy.

I lived in southern IL for 7 years - great people, avid deer hunters, but the State ignores my CCW permit from TEXAS & my federal LEO credentials, which basically makes me a criminal every time I cross the river to see my granddaughter. At one time, IL LEO's couldn't even carry concealed outside their areas of jurisdiction. Just GIVE Chicago to Canada & be done with it!!

I lived in southern IL for 7 years - great people, avid deer hunters, but the State ignores my CCW permit from TEXAS & my federal LEO credentials, which basically makes me a criminal every time I cross the river to see my granddaughter. At one time, IL LEO's couldn't even carry concealed outside their areas of jurisdiction. Just GIVE Chicago to Canada & be done with it!!

Your Federal LEO status trumps it.... You're OK in Illinois.

And as far as your claim that Il. LEO's couldn't carry outside of their jurisdiction, I'd love to find out when that was. I was sworn in 1982 and it has always been OK to carry within the State. You just didn't have Police Powers outside of your jurisdiction and municipalities contiguous to your jurisdiction.

Archived