SASS Wire Forum

The February Issue of Frontier Tales is now online!

Durango Duke

Howdy, Folks!

2012 has started with a bang! Frontier Tales took 4th in the Best Ezine on the Preditors & Editors Readers Choice contest, and Editor/Publisher Duke Pennell won 6th for Best Ezine Editor and 6th for Best Book Editor. Three cheers for the good guys!

The first Best Story winner of 2012 is “Renegade” by Gary Ives. Congratulations, Gary!

----->Let your voice be heard! Vote for your favorite story in this issue of www.FrontierTales.com.

Winners from each month will be included the Frontier Tales anthology. Support your Western writers!

Get in the voting booth and take a gander at these great Tales!

In "Bud Clayton", a story by Myles Culbertson and based on actual events, Bud had taken a liking to the young man who helped him break broncs. It was no surprise when he took exception to a hooligan who beat the boy and robbed him.

Hawk and Toby know that blood is thicker than water, but what if it’s bad blood? See "Making Their Stand" by Jeanie Horn.

When Lawton rode into town, he was hoping for a decent meal and a little rest. A bank robber dressed in a shiny bulletproof suit wasn't what he was looking for, but sometimes a man just doesn't have a choice. See why in “Under the Outhouse” by Josh Wittenberg.

In “The Wagoner’s Present” by Willy Whiskers, Harvey McCallian’s brothers bought him an evening with a beautiful woman. Harvey knew just what he wanted and he made sure Dorothy gave it to him!

When a man’s beautiful younger sister is fouly murdered, he finds himself struggling to do what’s honorable. Is it a fight he can win? Read “The Willow Garden” by Tony Burnett and find out.

Hope you enjoy!

Durango Duke

aka

Duke Pennell, Editor

Editor@FrontierTales.com

www.FrontierTales.com

A Big cowboy congratulations Duke on your awards. Writing for Frontier Tales is a real hoot by itself, but being associated with such an award winning Ezine is just the ribbon in my horse's mane. Willy Whiskers

Hey Cowboys! .... Go read the stories and Vote (of me ofcourse)

Way to go Duke! I see you are an Arkansas Leadslinger, me too. I've been shooting with them for the last year or two. Hope to see you out there soon. Our annual match is coming up in May. I look forward to meeting you sometime. I live on Beaver Lake just outside Rogers.

Cash

Duke, congratulations on your standing in that voting. And since you've used several of my stories under my civilian name, I endorse the good judgement of those who voted. Thanks. and keep up the good work.

Archived