SASS Wire Forum

SASS 2012 South Carolina State Match Manse’s Revenge

Cowboy Junky

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a reminder folks….. remember the regular 4th Sunday match for the Greenville Gunfighters is cancelled so we can set up for the SC State match Manse’s Revenge to be held on the 5th weekend March 29 – April 1.

Please help us spread the word so no one makes the drive only to find the gates are locked. Other than that everything is falling in place and looking forward to seeing everyone March 29th.

Is there a link on the website that has the schedule for Thursday?

Here ya' go....

Side Matches:March 29th

10:00 - 4:00pm

Speed Pistol

Speed Rifle

Speed Shotgun

Derringer & Pocket Pistol

22 Side Match

Warm-Up/Practice (not scored)

4 Stage Wild Bunch match

12:30 Safety meeting shooting starts at 1:00

Round count 80 45 ACP 40 Rifle 25 SG

All SASS rules apply

More match info.....

Thursday, March 29th

9:00 AM Range & Registration Opens

10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Side Matches

1:00 PM Wild Bunch Match

5:00 PM Range Closes

Friday, March 30th

8:00 AM Range & Registration Opens

9:30 AM Opening Ceremony & Mandatory Safety Mtg.

10:00 AM Start Shooting

4:30 PM Range Closes

Saturday, March 31st

8:00 AM Range Opens

10:00 AM Start Shooting

4:30 PM Range Closes

6:00 PM Banquet: Social Hour / Costume Contest

7:00 PM Banquet: Dinner / Awards Ceremony

Sunday, April 1st

9:00 AM Range Opens

10:00 AM Top Gun Shoot-off

Going to start loading up the camper today. We can't wait, going to be a great match. Charlie and Murphy are getting excited, too.

Sixgun Sallie :)

Starting today? We started last week and still have 2 days worth to go!! :lol: Still seems like a month 'til Wed.!

Boozy

Had a great time! Posse 7/8 was too much fun! Hate I had to miss the banquet, but ya' gotta' do what ya' do. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kudos to Cowboy Junky and all the crew that made this so much fun! The weather held, there was good vendor support, and the match drew some of the best-shooting cowboys and cowgirls the South has to offer (and the South is eat up with champions). There was plenty of shooting action on the 10 stages, including pistol knockdowns (that could be made up with shotgun), a mix of movement and stand and deliver, and three stages with six shotgun knockdowns. For anybody who did not otherwise get enough shooting, there were possee thunders--15 or so shooters with 10 rounds each in their rifles firing simultaneously to cut 2x4s in half--lots of fun and harder than one might think. I was privileged to shoot with Posses 5/6--hardworking and seriously friendly folks. Especially for their first time running the State championship, the Greenville Gunfighters did a terrific job. I'll be back. Congrats to Marshal Harland Wolff, Cowboy Junky, Risin' Outlaw, Shamrock Sadie and all the other winners.

CH

Sallie and I had a great time!!! Will be back next year for sure. Thanks for all the hard work put into this match. You all pulled it off with flying colors!!

Congrats to all the winners! Marshal Harland Wolf was top man and Sixgun Sallie was top lady. Way to go! Red River Ray was mens shoot off winner and Miss Jewel was the ladys winner.

It was a blast, Dingo Dave :)

Videos of the Top Gun shootout....I took these with my Iphone so its not professional quality but it shows all of the competition. If someone can PM me the aliases of the participants in each video I'll edit the titles on my Youtube channel to reflect the shooters. The videos below are in the order of the competition.

Match 1

Match 2

Match 3

Match 4

Match 5

Match 6

Match 7

Match 8

Match 9

Match 10

Match 11

Match 12

Match 13

Match 14

Match 15

Match 16

Match 17

Match 18

Match 19

Match 20 - Red River Ray vs Miss Jewel

Just got back after a nine hour drive.......and YES, it was worth it!!

My hats off to all those who gave up their personal time to put on this match. I will spread the word down here and hopefully Florida will have a bit more of a presence next year.

Congrats to all the winners!!!

Dang It Dan

This was my 1st time to shoot in SC and I had a great time. Thanks to all that put this match together. There were some unbelievable shooters at this match and I had the pleasure of shooting with some of them on posse 7 & 8. As always, met some great folks and look forward to shooting with them again down the trail.

Buck

It was great to meet several people in person that I knew from the "Wahr". The week went by very quickly and I didn't get a chance to talk to folks as much as I would have liked.

Everyone was incredibly gracious. I hope all our guests were made to feel welcome and that our neighbors will come back and shoot with us again. We park on the rifle range on monthly match days so you'll have a short cart-push from your vehicle to the stages.

If you enjoyed Hondo Jackson's four stage Wild Bunch side match, let me give our 5th Sunday Wild Bunch matches a little plug. We shoot six stages in the monthly WB matches. Oh, look! April has five Sundays so your next chance is coming up soon.

Archived