SASS Wire Forum

SASS 2012 South Carolina State Match Manse’s Revenge

Cowboy Junky

SASS 2012 South Carolina State Match Manse’s Revenge

The Greenville Gunfighters are proud to be hosting the SC State Match this year. The dates are Mar 29 – Apr 1st in Greenville SC.

Thursday Mar 29th Side Matches

Friday Mar 30th 5 Stages

Saturday Mar 31st 5 Stages

Saturday Night Awards Banquet

Sunday Apr 1st Top Gun Shoot off

We will limit the shoot to the first 180 shooter’s so please get your entries in early and come see us if you can.

For details please check our website

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will have side matches on Thursday...

Speed Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Pocket pistol, Derringer, and .22 Pistol. This will be held from 10am - 4pm.

Also on Thursday we will hold a seperate Wild Bunch Match. Starting at 1pm.

Plenty on time to shoot both side matches & Wild Bunch.

Come on over, up, or down to SC fro a fast fun match.

The host hotel is owned and operated by a local family. I had attended weddings and other events there in the past. It is not far from the Greenville Gun Club but is also close to I-385 for easy access to downtown Greenville and area restaurants.

Several of us toured the facility. In addition to the banquet hall there is centrally located pub and gathering area for hanging out. There's a second bar area with a dance floor. We told the manager that we would have cowboy shooters coming with guns and gear; they did not bat an eye and said they were looking forward to having us.

Here's a link to the Phoenix Inn website; check it out! http://www.phoenixgreenvillesinn.com/

Saved the best for last; there is a Krispy Kreme donut shop across the street. Watch for the "hot donuts ready" sign to light up.

My application and check are in the mail, reservations made at the Phoenix Inn. Looking forward to an awesome match. I will gladly help out any way I can, please don't hesitate to ask........

Is there any special rate at the host hotel that we need to ask about?

The rate is $69.00 per night, mention the S. C. State Match for the discount. Hope to see you there........

Marauder...

As Diablo responded... Yes, Mention SC State match or Mansa's Revenge for the special rate. Are you making reservations for Maggie Darlin & Ozzark Azz?

Come on Georgia folks this shoot is the closest the SC State Championship has been for some of you.

Howdy, Harman!!

I will need to check with them first since they may have made other arrangements.

Randy,

You need to get some of those Tennessee OUTLAWS to come shoot with us. We need three to rercognize the catagory.

Let there be SMOKE too.

Hammer

Harman, I sent Tennessee Tombstone an e-mail, maybe he'll round up some Outlaws.

Randy

Application in the mail today and room reservation made. Looking forward to making smoke there.

Lucky

Thanks Abe E.S. yes we have a $69 dollar rate for the shoot and you won't beat the hotel for accommodations. They are including a hot breakfast and that is where the Awards will be handed out Saturday night. They have a lounge with a fireplace, a small bar a large bar with dance floor and are VERY cowboy friendly. Trust me....you want to stay there.

There are many other hotels if you have reward programs etc......just go to the website and click on the directions tab. There is an interactive map and instructions on how to search for nearby hotels.

Greenville Gunfighters website here.

PS the stages are all gunfighter friendly…….

Wish I could make it Junky, heard a rumor today at Riverbend you've written some awesome stages.

Y'all have fun!!!

DDD,

One thing I learned at River Bend yesterday. It sure is a lot easier to shoot faster when you can see all the targets.

Yeah, I broke down and shot smokeless since the weather was supposed to be nasty (turned out to be nice). But at least I see why the smokeless guys are faster than us DARKSIDERS!!!

I'm plannin' on bein' there and apps will go out shortly!! :lol:

Yea!!! I am looking forward to seeoing Murphy again... yeah You & Dingo too...

I don't think you have met Charlie. He just turned one, he looks like a mini-Murphy.

We can't wait to shoot your match. We have never made it to a match at this range, all the NC folks say it is great.

Sixgun :)

Archived