SASS Wire Forum

Pete's Gun Shop in Hudson NH to Expand Reloading Section!

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

To all of my fellow Boston area Cowboy Shooters.

As you all know, since the demise of Tom's Handloading many, many years ago, (Whatever happened to him?) the closest places for us to go to find a good supply of reloading things in stock has been either the Kittery Trading Post in Maine or Riley's up on Hookset NH. Both are great places, but kind of a hike, and gas IS rather expensive these days.

However, this "difficulty" might soon be changing. I was in Pete's Gunshop in Hudson NH the other day, and he told me that his is planning to expand his reloading section in the near future. Not sure of what his timetable is, but I expressed my enthusiasm for the move. I even told him what a few of my favorite powders and bullets sizes will be. (I also mentioned lead shot, but he said he specifically didn't wanna carry that as it is so expensive these days.)

So, if you reload, (and who among us doesn't?) and if you want to have an alternative to the Internet or a very long drive, then keep Pete's in mind. He also usually has a few cowboy type guns in stock. Over the years I have purchased more than a few there, and his prices are quite reasonable. I also know of one shooter who purchased a really nice Win 92 there before I could return to grab it, but that's another story...

Anyway, for those of us who live in the area, I suggest you stop in a Pete's, look around, and mention that you heard he's expanding his reloading section, and let him know what you'd like to see. Maybe we can turn his place in a hub of activity for our game. I don't think he'd mind.

Yeah H.K. I really like that '92.

I also bought my first Vaquero from Pete when I first started out in CAS. He gave me grief when he brought it down to Mass to transfer it and I called it a 'pistol'. Bought a few other interesting things from Pete's over the years. Pete's son, who runs the place now has told me he doesn't even try to complete with Wally World over some stuff like bulk boxes of 22LR. But he usually has pretty good prices on Trap loads. It will be interesting to see what he decides to stock as far as reloading is concerned.

Anything interesting while you were there that I should steal away from under your nose?

P.S. Just tried to send you a PM about the shop that did not want to honor your C&R. Second time I have tried. The message I get says you cannot receive any more messages or something like that.

So PM me. What shop was it?

Yeah H.K. I really like that '92.

P.S. Just tried to send you a PM about the shop that did not want to honor your C&R. Second time I have tried. The message I get says you cannot receive any more messages or something like that.

So PM me. What shop was it?

You should like that 92. It's a nice one. :)

PM sent. My inbox was full. I deleted old messages. Can recieve PM's again.

Didn't see anything outstanding last time I was there, other than a box of Colt .38 New Police ammo, (.38 S&W under another name.) that was 25 loaded rounds, and .25 empty cases, for $11.80 over in his "old stuff" corner.

Archived