SASS Wire Forum

Colorado State Shoot

Kiowa Kid, SASS #69870L

I hope everyone out there is hunkered down, the radar looks like heavy rain and a tornado warning out around the range.

So far, so good, as of 7:45...We had some moderate rain and pea-sized hail between 4:00 and 5:00. The tornado warning has been moved to Elbert county, SE of Deer Trail...unless they decide to back it up. The wind is definitely back, and the cloud formations are really interesting, especially to a flat-lander. Bookworm Sandy is getting ready for the potluck and trying to figure out how to keep stuff from blowing away, but we're gonna go for it!

CS

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are having a great time!!!

The breast cancer stage was fantastic. I think we brought in $235.00. All the guys were great sports and we all could not stop laughing.

Thanks everyone for doing the stage for a great cause. I have never seen so many men in skirts before! And all grining for ear to ear.

Painted Filly

The breast cancer stage was fantastic. I think we brought in $235.00. All the guys were great sports and we all could not stop laughing.

Thanks everyone for doing the stage for a great cause. I have never seen so many men in skirts before! And all grining for ear to ear.

Painted Filly

Filly - I wish I'd been there to take video, that would have been some funny stuff!

Grizz

Painted Filly

We actually collected over $400.00 at the banquet to put into the pot for The Breast Cancer Association....so over $600 was raised for this cause. The stage was dubbed in honor of Colorado Blackjack.....I'll save the puppies!!!!!

Union Jack was the best....we were standing at the loading table waiting to shoot the stage...he was behind me....he liked my skirt I was wearing and said if he could wear it for shooting the stage he would donate another $100 to the kitty....I immediately said sure...shot the stage (not very well cuz I was thinking about how I was going to strip my skirt gracefully). Finished up...went to the unloading table and left all my guns and leather in no time flat (helps working in theatre and having to do quick changes...LOL) Striped my skirt while walking back to the loading table....luckily....I had worn spandex leggings under my skirt!!!!!! But he was a great sport...wore my skirt and added to the fund!!!

Thanks to everyone who supported this cause! Everyones assistance on this stage was greatly appreciated!

Yes the breast cancer stage was fantastic!! Gotta love Union Jack. I don't think that Colorado Black Jack will challenge us again anytime soon!! But we will be ready if he does :)

Have to say the whole shoot was fantastic!!!

Had lots of fun!

:D

Painted Filly

Big Sage....it should be soon....once we got everything tore down and put away and packed up the vending tent and the camper trailer we didn't get home until about 7pm.....and then we promptly died!!!! LOL

Sincerely hope everyone had a wonderful time cuz I know Wrangler and I tried to personally make sure everyone did!!!

Thanks to everyone who participated and worked at this event. Big thanks to the 4-H kids for Brassing and being our food vendor!

Big Congrats to Lefty Jo and Johnny Walker, great shooting! I have to say I learn so much from these guys when I watch them shoot! And they are both so willing to share knowledge with others! Both deserved the title!!!!!

Next year the CO State is in Whitewater, CO.....ya better make sure you all get signed up!!!

Thanks everyone for all your help and support!!!

Thanks, I'll keep checking.

I wanted to shoot , but too many other family things got in the way. Well, theres the Revenge this weekend...that will have to do.

Howdy Aspen Filly,

Thanks to you and all the Raiders for putting on a great match. Anxious Annie and I had a awesome time.

Thanks Again Scary Indian Dude.

Filly,

You did great. Always a pleasure shooting with you even though we only got to shoot the breast cancer stage. Still laughing about that one! :)

See you at EOT!

Painted Filly

Thank you to everyone who attended the 2012 Colorado State Championship/Rocky Mountain Regional Raid! We had 167 shooters. Thank you to Finneous McCree and Leonard Slye for giving up the shoot to do scoring.

It was a pleasure to see so many cowboys and cowgirls at the range and the Raiders had a great time putting on the match. Thanks for everyone who traveled long and far to shoot with us. We had folks travel from so many locations: Texas, Wyoming, Illinois, Nevada, Nebraska, South Dakota, New Mexico, California, Utah, Arizona, all parts of Colorado, Australia and New Zealand.

Thank you to all vendors and sponsors who helped make the match possible.

Ladies Colorado State Chamion: Lefty Jo

Colorado State Champion: Johnnie Walker

Top Gun Lady: Babe Ruthless

Top Gun: Johnnie Walker

Results will be posted at www.sandcreekraiders.com as soon as possible.

Sweetwater Bill

Each year the Sand Creek Raiders put on a live demonstration of how a match should be run, and this year was no different. They call it the Rocky Mountain Regional Raid.

FANTASTIC!

Muchas gracias,

eGG

Thank you to everyone who attended the 2012 Colorado State Championship/Rocky Mountain Regional Raid! We had 167 shooters. Thank you to Finneous McCree and Leonard Slye for giving up the shoot to do scoring.

It was a pleasure to see so many cowboys and cowgirls at the range and the Raiders had a great time putting on the match. Thanks for everyone who traveled long and far to shoot with us. We had folks travel from so many locations: Texas, Wyoming, Illinois, Nevada, Nebraska, South Dakota, New Mexico, California, Utah, Arizona, all parts of Colorado, Australia and New Zealand.

Thank you to all vendors and sponsors who helped make the match possible.

Ladies Colorado State Champion: Lefty Jo

Colorado State Champion: Johnnie Walker

Top Gun Lady: Babe Ruthless

Top Gun: Johnnie Walker

Results will be posted at www.sandcreekraiders.com as soon as possible.

Sweetwater Bill

Sweetwater,

We don't want to leave out our Cowboys from Kansas also. Thanks to all the Cowgirls and Cowboys who supported the SCR & CAS with their gold and smiles. It is always a joint effort by those of us who put on the match and you who support it.

Blazen Vaquero

Finally, we've managed to get the computer to communicate with the internet, so we can say...

THANKS to the Sand Creek Raiders for a great shoot, and for showing a couple of lowlanders a really good time way up there in the air! The stages were fun, we were able to meet socially with a whole bunch of nice folks - some of whom we have previously talked with on "the wire," and shooting with Posse 3 was a hoot. Also, although we doubt that any of the Raiders ordered it, we were treated to some spectacular cloud formations and to one of Mother Nature's really outstanding light shows...!

For sure, we will highly recommend both the Sand Creek Raiders and the Raid to all our locals when we return home!

Thanks Again!

Count Sandor & Bookworm Sandy (the couple from Illinois...not home yet, but on the way)

Finally, we've managed to get the computer to communicate with the internet, so we can say...

THANKS to the Sand Creek Raiders for a great shoot, and for showing a couple of lowlanders a really good time way up there in the air! The stages were fun, we were able to meet socially with a whole bunch of nice folks - some of whom we have previously talked with on "the wire," and shooting with Posse 3 was a hoot. Also, although we doubt that any of the Raiders ordered it, we were treated to some spectacular cloud formations and to one of Mother Nature's really outstanding light shows...!

For sure, we will highly recommend both the Sand Creek Raiders and the Raid to all our locals when we return home!

Thanks Again!

Count Sandor & Bookworm Sandy (the couple from Illinois...not home yet, but on the way)

Count Sandor and Bookworm Sandy,

Of course we ordered and G*d listened to give us those cloud formations and the wild weather in the distance that moved around us not to disrupt the potluck etc. It was great meeting your both. Thanks for your kind words.

Your camping neighbors to the East.

Blazen Vaquero and Sonora Blaze

Hey Folks..... Got a few things out on the Sand Creek Raiders Homepage ( www.sandcreekraiders.com ).... Got a link to a Pic of Bulldog Ric with his new 2012 RMRR "73" that he won for the Raffle!!! Got a link to Fox 31's video coverage of the Raid.... and I've got two links up to the first and second half of the Main Match Results.... go take a gander and enjoy!!!

Finneous.....

To all the pards that worked on this match....THANK YOU!!! GREAT MATCH!!! :)

Also, the photos of the match are on Zenfolio. Just search for matthewknowsphotos on that site. He took alot of really good pics.

Thanks Again,

CBG

To all the pards that worked on this match....THANK YOU!!! GREAT MATCH!!! :)

Also, the photos of the match are on Zenfolio. Just search for matthewknowsphotos on that site. He took alot of really good pics.

Thanks Again,

CBG

You don't need to "sign in" to view his photos. Just go to the bottom of the Zenfolio page where there is a small window and put in matthewknowsphotos

Thanks for the great photos.

BV

Got the Post-Rocky Mountain Regional Page Built with summaries of a lot of the match results.... Will try to have all of Thursdays Side match results and the Professionals match out tomorrow..... Trying to juggle between Job 1 and Job 2 (lol)..... Finneous....

This link will take you right to the scores page:

http://www.sandcreekraiders.com/2012%20RMRR.htm

(ps...I'm tired! LOL)

Archived