SASS Wire Forum

Thank You Jimmy Spurs!

Campo Kid

Hey guys I just wanted to tell ya' what an awesome guy and fantastic gunsmith Jimmy Spurs is!

I've been running a pair of Jimmy's Rugers for about a year and a half now (and they are the best Rugers out there!), and I decided to send them back to Jimmy to have them checked out before Winter Range. And man, Jimmy gets the guns and takes them from being great guns, to being freakin' awesome guns!! And he does all this while getting the guns back to me in a week!!

Thank you Jimmy, the Rugers are even more amazing than they were before!

Let's hear it for Cowboy Gunworks and Jimmy Spurs!!! B)

Thanks man,

Kid

Hey guys I just wanted to tell ya' what an awesome guy and fantastic gunsmith Jimmy Spurs is!

I've been running a pair of Jimmy's Rugers for about a year and a half now (and they are the best Rugers out there!), and I decided to send them back to Jimmy to have them checked out before Winter Range. And man, Jimmy gets the guns and takes them from being great guns, to being freakin' awesome guns!! And he does all this while getting the guns back to me in a week!!

Thanks man,

Kid

Kid

I'm with ya on that Jimmy does great work!!! He's working on my 6th set. Can't wait to get them!!!

For those who've never met Jim, he's an artist, a perfectionist, and works as many hours as two average men. If he takes a job, count on it coming back aces.

+1!

I gave Jimmy Spurs a .44 Vaquero at the NW Regional last year to have the half-cock loading mod installed (along with removal of the transfer bar; hammer weld-up; and a bit of sight enhancement)

That revolver is the slickest one I own...now I just need to find a second one and get it matched up by him! ;)

As a duelist, I shoot Bisley's. I have 3 pairs of Jimmy Spur's guns. There is no difference in the action of any of them. They are all precision tuned, slick and flawless! I personally cannot ever see myself shooting anything but Jimmy's rugers. I have 4 state chapionships titles and a regional, all with his guns.

Thanks man,

Kid

You were doing quite the job of bringing the awesomeness out of them too. You sounded like a machine gunner a couple times. Very well done.

You got that right Kid. Jimmy will be vending at Winter Range and is going to be a stage sponsor this year. He got a sweet pair of the new birdshead sheriffs models that Ruger just came out with all tuned and ready to go. Gonna make someone a sweet pair of guns.

You were doing quite the job of bringing the awesomeness out of them too. You sounded like a machine gunner a couple times. Very well done.

Thanks Scout!

And yeah, everyone else is right on the money. Jimmy is truly an artist!! What he does to these guns is way beyond "gunsmithing"!

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

That Jimmy Spurs must be somethin'...

Just too many folks talk cloud-high 'bout how good his work is.

And if Deuce Stevens says it... Spur's gotta be "dog-nuts" good.

ts

Hi Pards

Well i also have to praise Jimmy, he has done all my guns for me and all are fantastic i wish i could live up to what they can do but i am trying, i had two sets of rugers all tricked out a set of Birdsheads done, and a ttn shotgun, 1873 rifle a cowboy marlin, a new SKB and then another 73 and also a 97 and all of them are fantastic nice drive to his shop also.

Connecticut Yankee

The thing I like about Jimmy Spurs is he really cares about the work he does and he treats each customer with the same respect and service no matter what their SASS status or income level. He has done all my guns for me and they are awesome! He has been wonderful about my last minute issues right before State matches (a trend for me it seems). He's right there getting me set up and running again, taking away all my worries and stress. He is a credit to all cowboys and gals and is a great example of the true Cowboy Way. Yours in Shooting, Crystal Creek Chris

Archived