SASS Wire Forum

Data Mining by FBI

The FBI is seeking to develop an early-warning system based on material "scraped" from social networks. It says the application should collect "open source" information and have the ability to provide an automated search and scrape capability of social networks including Facebook and Twitter.

An FBI spokeswoman told the BBC that the software being researched was "no different than applications used by other government agencies" and that "the application will not focus on specific persons or protected groups, but on words... and activities constituting violations of federal criminal law or threats to national security."

Shades of "Minority Report" where they convicted people based on probability and not actual actions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16738209

Best thing to do is to avoid the "social networks" like a social disease :excl: I don't use any, never have, never will. Complete waste of time. I also don't text :wacko: Guess I'm an old fashioned creep. ;)

Best thing to do is to avoid the "social networks" like a social disease :excl: I don't use any, never have, never will. Complete waste of time. I also don't text :wacko: Guess I'm an old fashioned creep. ;)

+1

+2

This is a social network is it not? Rusty

+1

+2

+3

The FBI should watch some of the political ads that are being run on TV.

Maybe they would lockup all the politicians and then we might get a choice between two honest men,

instead of having to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Hello Folks,

As I see it, this is a Social Network that is focused around guns. What better, easier place to Data Mine.

Regards,

Allie "who just reads and posts and doesn't have guns" Mo :lol:;)

I'm just here for the pictures. I never read thee articles. (I like to look at Allie Mo.)

I'm just here for the pictures. I never read thee articles. (I like to look at Allie Mo.)

Yup. She's quite an article. :D

Archived