SASS Wire Forum

Found: Handgun for CCW

Hawknose Bill

My buddy made me a deal on his Glock 23, .40 S&W. Gun, 3 mags, holster, ammo for $400. Not a DA and not .357, but a deal I couldn't refuse.

Thanks for all the input, guys.

I'm looking for a double-action revolver, in good condition, in .357 magnum - preferably SS and 4" barrel, but will keep my options open. I have limited funds, so that cuts down on my options, but I thought I'd "send it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes."

BTT

I'm looking for a double-action revolver, in good condition, in .357 magnum - preferably SS and 4" barrel, but will keep my options open. I have limited funds, so that cuts down on my options, but I thought I'd "send it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes."

BTT one more time.

How about a lightly engraved 2 1/2" S&W M66-1, 1980 vintage?

PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

On the left side is a "G" in a 6 pointed star with some stippled shading around the star. It is difficult to get a good pic of it, but the shading around the star doesn't look anything like it appears in the third pic above - it is nowhere near as pronounced as it appears in the pic, it's just the way it's catching the light that makes it appear that way. If I remember, I'll try and get a decent pic of the star outside in natural light tomorrow.

I'm sure none of us has "unlimited funds", but I would go $525 with the holster & grip adapter.

How about a lightly engraved 2 1/2" S&W M66-1, 1980 vintage?

PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

On the left side is a "G" in a 6 pointed star with some stippled shading around the star. It is difficult to get a good pic of it, but the shading around the star doesn't look anything like it appears in the third pic above - it is nowhere near as pronounced as it appears in the pic, it's just the way it's catching the light that makes it appear that way. If I remember, I'll try and get a decent pic of the star outside in natural light tomorrow.

I'm sure none of us has "unlimited funds", but I would go $525 with the holster & grip adapter.

That's a beauty. Although I would absolutely love to own this handgun (not only for its looks but because it's a Smith and Wesson and they're at the top of my reliability list), I only have $450 to spend on a handgun - the rest being encumbered by what my wife deems "important."

I thank you for the offer and, should unexpected funds appear and you still have it, I'll contact you.

I have a NIB Stainless Taurus 627 Tracker with the ported 6 in barrel. Been in the safe for about 3 years, never fired. I would take $450 for it plus actual shipping. May be too long for you to use CCW, but if interested let me know.

WW

Hawknose Bill , if you don't hit upon a 357 that you want , I have a Smith & Wesson Model 640 with a 3" barrel that I could part with for 400.00. But it is a 38 Special , though +P rated I'm sure. The newer Model 640s are all 357.

This one would come with a holster and extra grips. The 3" barrel is a bit rare , and balances well.

Rex , with another choice :D

I have a Ruger LCR in 357 mag. that I would let go for $450.00 shipped. Let me know if you are interested. And I will get you pics.

I have a Ruger LCR in 357 mag. that I would let go for $450.00 shipped. Let me know if you are interested. And I will get you pics.

Thanks, but I want the option of single action, The LCR, even though it's a great gun, is hammerless and I don't have the SA option.

Archived