SASS Wire Forum

Data Mining By Google

Since Google announced it's been recording every search you make and compiling a big database that's going to be consolodated ... and probably hackable ... I used it one last time to look for an alternative.

Found this ... https://www.ixquick.com/eng/ ... a totally secure search engine that collects no data, doesn't record your IP address, plants no cookies, and is even encrypted.

Figured it was my civic duty to pass this along. God only knows what nefarious things Google has been up to, or is planning.

And for those of you who use Facebook (I don't!) prepare to have your souls laid bare... :wacko:

Thanks, added it to my favorites. Contemplating undoing everything Google I have which is a lot. Vote with my feet...

Regarding Face Book.

Once you have logged in do what ever you do and then leave Face Book you will be surprised that Face Book is still tracking all your web surfing.

When you log in to Face Book, Face Book places a tracking cookie on your machine. After that you do not need to be logged in to Face Book for them to keep tracking you.

If you use Face Book and do not want your net surfing to be tracked when you are not on your Face Book page, you must delete the facebook cookie after each session on Face Book.

Mozilla Firefox

1. Click on tools at top of browser page.

2. Click on Options

3. Click on Privacy

4. Click on Show Cookies

5. View list and find any that say has facebook in it.

6. Click on and hightlight those cookies

7. Click Remove Cookies

8. Close

9. OK

Since Google announced it's been recording every search you make and compiling a big database that's going to be consolodated ... and probably hackable ... I used it one last time to look for an alternative.

Found this ... https://www.ixquick.com/eng/ ... a totally secure search engine that collects no data, doesn't record your IP address, plants no cookies, and is even encrypted.

Figured it was my civic duty to pass this along. God only knows what nefarious things Google has been up to, or is planning.

Captain Woodrow Cahill,

I tried your link, and installed the search engine you recommended as my home page. The very first search I tried locked up my computer so tight that I had to shut it down. Then it would not reboot. It went into STARTUP REPAIR MODE, from which I could not escape. I had to shut it down again and boot into SAFE MODE and then shut down and reboot, whtch worked. It also booted me off the SASS WIRE and I had to go find my password to get back here.

Needless to say, I deleted the new search engine and went back to GOOGLE.

THANKS FOR NOTHING!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Captain Woodrow Cahill,

I tried your link, and installed the search engine you recommended as my home page. The very first search I tried locked up my computer so tight that I had to shut it down. Then it would not reboot. It went into STARTUP REPAIR MODE, from which I could not escape. I had to shut it down again and boot into SAFE MODE and then shut down and reboot, whtch worked. It also booted me off the SASS WIRE and I had to go find my password to get back here.

Ya make me happy that I didn't mess with it,.... pretty happy with Bing that came with this here cornfuser contraption.

Captain Woodrow Cahill,

Ya make me happy that I didn't mess with it,.... pretty happy with Bing that came with this here cornfuser contraption.

ixquick is a search engine just like Google, except it DOES NOT keep a file on you and everything you ever searched, and won't use it as GOOGLE does. :ph34r::angry::ph34r:

It is NOT a "Browser" such as FireFox, Explorer,Safari, etc, and there is nothing to download!!! :o Simply click on the ixquick link and then use it as you used to use Google to search the web. B)

Thanks Very Much Captain Cahill, I'd been looking for this but forgot the name. :)B)

Harvey

Archived