SASS Wire Forum

My new license plate

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Should be gettin' it soon -pending approval by the Sec. of State :) Too bad you can only have (6) digits, but I like it....

Gunfighter

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well, you know that with the state of the education system in Michigan, they have trouble with those longer words!!! :D :D :P

;) ...:D what? you sayin' we more redneck than Georgia??

Should be gettin' it soon - approved by the Sec. of State :) Too bad you can only have (6) digits, but I like it....

Gunfighter

I'm not anti Flag :FlagAm: but if that and the picture of the state weren't there....it would make more room for the 7th letter or number. Michigan must be real proud. I still like it anyway. I'd like to know how many are going to ask you what it means.

Big Jake

I'm not anti Flag :FlagAm: but if that and the picture of the state weren't there....it would make more room for the 7th letter or number. Michigan must be real proud. I still like it anyway. I'd like to know how many are going to ask you what it means.

Big Jake

For those not in the 'know' it doesn't matter :) ...one can get a regular plate sans flag that allows (7) digits....

Thanks pard!

Here we go, a simple thread about a really awesome license plate (I really like it GG), and some pard from some other state starts with the California (spelled with a capital C) bashing.

Thanks pard - I know that a member of the Norco shootin' Cowboy's tried to have a license that had the letters G-U-N in it and the CA DMV sent him a letter 6 months later saying it was 'offensive' - although mine was approved at the Secretary of State (DMV equivalent) office my hope is that it will be ok - they said I should have my plates in 14 days or less....we'll see. Fingers crossed...the lady at the counter did give me the registration card for it. Maybe that's a good sign!

....tried 45COLT and GUNNER but those were taken :lol:

One time I treid to get some stamps printed that had me shooting a gun and the USPS said it would not allow 'offensive material' to be displayed on a stamp. That was a let down :(

Should be gettin' it soon - approved by the Sec. of State :) Too bad you can only have (6) digits, but I like it....

Gunfighter

Sweet Pard !

I got one on order for my bike REM44 B)

Should be gettin' it soon -pending approval by the Sec. of State :) Too bad you can only have (6) digits, but I like it....

Gunfighter

You know Gunner, a plate like that might attract thieves. I want one that will keep people away from my ride, like: HIVPOS or RABIES or CREEP or HERPES or CRABS. :D

Spittoon

You know Gunner, a plate like that might attract thieves. I want one that will keep people away from my ride, like: HIVPOS or RABIES or CREEP or HERPES or CRABS. :D

Spittoon

:unsure: ....um......to each his own I reckon :D

Awesome (to use an overused word) Gunner, I like it and gOOd for you.

Also neat bike plate, Rooster

..my bike plate reads 2HOOT

hOOt

Thank you H00T nice Plate yourself :wacko:

Cool plate GG. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy COOL.

I got a plate by the Maroons at CA DMV.

FINYLLW

My truck is a REALLLLLLLLY bright yellow F150.

My next truck will be a F150 with twin turbos (EcoBoost) It's new plate will hopefully be

FINFST

Here we go, a simple thread about a really awesome license plate (I really like it GG), and some pard from some other state starts with the California (spelled with a capital C) bashing.

Barn ya got to admit what with SF, Berkley, Marin County and some other joice spots the wackos(no recuiters allowed etc) are giving the real people of CA a bad name.

GG ain't it 7 digits? :D

Howdy, GG -

I like the plate, and I'm sure it would make me smile if I saw it...

But (and I may be admittedly overthinking this), I might be a little concerned about some yahoo thinking it was an example of "macho posturing," and reacting to it in some negative way.

Back in the 1980's, I was the Texas State Director for IHMSA (International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association) and had IHMSA as a personalized license plate. People who were in the know (like at a match) would appreciate it. Sometimes, folks at a traffic light, or in a parking lot, would ask me about what it stood for. My answer in those situations would be, "I Have More Sex Appeal."

I'm a proud gun owner and competitor, but I'm reluctant to call attention to myself for things firearms-related, when I don't know who my audience is.

Just my 2¢...

Regards, TJH

Howdy, GG -

I like the plate, and I'm sure it would make me smile if I saw it...

But (and I may be admittedly overthinking this), I might be a little concerned about some yahoo thinking it was an example of "macho posturing," and reacting to it in some negative way.

Back in the 1980's, I was the Texas State Director for IHMSA (International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association) and had IHMSA as a personalized license plate. People who were in the know (like at a match) would appreciate it. Sometimes, folks at a traffic light, or in a parking lot, would ask me about what it stood for. My answer in those situations would be, "I Have More Sex Appeal."

I'm a proud gun owner and competitor, but I'm reluctant to call attention to myself for things firearms-related, when I don't know who my audience is.

Just my 2¢...

Regards, TJH

Yeah, I thought about that myself, but where I live it will be fine. When I posted my thread I figure there would be some who would comment as such...I like what I do and will express it. I have an NRA sticker on my truck for the last 5 years and nothing has ever happened. Not saying it won't, but I refuse to live life walkin' on egg shells..

Besides, GUNFTR could mean video game nut these days too :wacko: ...Oh well. I certainly appreciate your post and concern pard :)

Archived