SASS Wire Forum

Should I or shouldn't

Tom Muley

SASS would like me come to EoT to be their chuck wagon cook for 2012. Thinking maybe, but I don't know if this old man can do another working vacation. I just need an open discussion here if this could work. Thoughts and ideas are welcome.

It would depend on how much they was paying me to go be there chuck wagon cook :excl:

Or how much I could make selling food as a vendor.

I thought about going as a vendor. But the vending fees are still to high.

But will be going to shoot.

Tom . . the question is unclear . . . . abooot the details. Do you have to take a chuck wagon to the ranch ? . . or just cook ? Can you have helpers to do the dirty work while you are the "CHUCK WAGON COOK" and deligate to them whut to do ? . . . . be clear aboot the situation . . . . :huh:

If I went to EOT, I would want to shoot. Been there once, it was the first one they had at Founds Ranch in April and everybody thought it was cold. I thought it was great shooting weather. Sunny and 40 or 50 something and with a nice wind, I thought it was great. Of cource, I live by Chicago and that was warm compared to home.

Anyhow, I would ask for a few more details, but if they are not available, my comment would be if your heart is not all in it, don't go.

:angry::angry: Maddog McCoy :angry::angry:

This is nothing new, I've done it before. This time they are saying they will cover all my expenses.

Their chuck wagon.

My cooking gear.

2 weeks prep before leaving.

Almost 2000 mile round trip.

10-14 days.

Get to meet some real nice people.

Chance to get away for awhile.

Nice time to do my skills.

some other issues that I need to consider.

Will SASS provide any helpers for you? THEY SHOULD!

Will SASS cover break-downs in route and back to home etc.

Will SASS send you a contract for review?

Will SASS have insurance for you if you get hurt/sick??

Respectfully,

LG

SASS would like me come to EoT to be their chuck wagon cook for 2012. Thinking maybe, but I don't know if this old man can do another working vacation. I just need an open discussion here if this could work. Thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Sorry Pard - I'm struggling to figure out why I might have ths slightest clue as to whether you should spend your time and effort to do this?

Really - I have no idea of what it means to you, what's involved, or what you get out of it. My opinion is absolutely irrelevant.

Guess you just have to fork your own broncs . . .

SC

Tom, I really enjoyed getting to meet you a couple of years ago, and I enjoyed what food I had time to try. I know everyone else that got to meet you and try your food enjoyed the experience also. I don't recall seeing anyone charged for the food, it was my assumption you did it for SASS and for your love of the game. I would reckon that what you did is pretty hard work. I don't recall seeing much help there, other than your wife. I love to cook also, but not enough to cook for a gazillion people for free. If you choose not to go, I will miss you and your food if I get to go. A gazillion other people will miss you and your food. But I sure wouldn't hold it against anyone who chose not do that kind of hard work, even if there was a good profit potential.

This is nothing new, I've done it before. This time they are saying they will cover all my expenses.

Their chuck wagon.

My cooking gear.

2 weeks prep before leaving.

Almost 2000 mile round trip.

10-14 days.

Get to meet some real nice people.

Chance to get away for awhile.

Nice time to do my skills.

some other issues that I need to consider.

Tom . . if beee 'n a "chuck wagon cook" is yur "thing" . . . then go do it. Simple ... :)

I want to thank everyone for your comments. I'm going to have to break the news to Misty and Big Horn that I will not be joining everyone at End of Trail. Sometimes you just have to give up on the things you like doing. It is hard to realize that one's age does play into what you can do and what you can not do.

Archived