SASS Wire Forum

THE MIDWEST CLASSIC

Mose Spencer, SASS #63490

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less than a week now! Looks like a great list Mose! You have done a lot to make this shoot grow and become what it is! I am so fired up to get there, see you all and shoot this match! Gonna be great for sure! I mean, even Tn. Tombstone will be there!

I'm in-talked to Mose last night and gave him my info. I'll hand deliver my application next week. :blush:

This will be my first time to Sparta, but I've heard good things about it. I'm going to make the most of the trip shooting Classic Cowboy in the main match, Wild Bunch modern and something in the bp match, haven't figured out what just yet. I'll be staying in Doc's Tavern and Bunkhouse with Doc, Rum Boy and the Cocoa Puff Kid.

How the heck did I get on the top of the shooters list... :blink: It is alphabetical the rest of the way :wacko:

Is it a prediction of High Overall?? :rolleyes:

Uhhh.. Don't think so.. :blush:

See ya all there...

I see as of now there are 52 Shooters from Illnois....

Sorry... but Ill-nois is Chicago.. the rest of us are from Illinois :)

Rance <_<

Thinkin' ain't a big deal..

but I ain't from Chicago :mellow:

I'm in-talked to Mose last night and gave him my info. I'll hand deliver my application next week. :blush:

This will be my first time to Sparta, but I've heard good things about it. I'm going to make the most of the trip shooting Classic Cowboy in the main match, Wild Bunch modern and something in the bp match, haven't figured out what just yet. I'll be staying in Doc's Tavern and Bunkhouse with Doc, Rum Boy and the Cocoa Puff Kid.

You're gonna like it BD. I plan to shoot Gunfighter in the BP match ...if I can find where I put the wads for the shotgun.

Rance,there is a saying but I cant remember all of it but it is something about something always floats to the top....cream?? no thats not it. O'well, I am sure it will come to me later.

You're gonna like it BD. I plan to shoot Gunfighter in the BP match ...if I can find where I put the wads for the shotgun.

I enjoy shooting gunfighter from time to time even though I'm not very good at it. The only problem is I tend to pull both pistols the next time I shoot Classic or Duelist. People have come up and asked if I'm shooting Duelfighter this weekend. :P

I would have loved to make it. Just could not get it to work out.

But will be sending some bullets up that way.

Know I will be missing a great shoot. So you all have fun up there.

Al, y'all will be missed. It's looking very doubtful that I'm gonna make it either. WAY too busy at work. Fannie is still plannin on tryin to make it. She's been living at the hospital/rehab ward with her dad as he needs 24/7 care after his strokes. Found out today that he will probably be transferred to a long term rehab center next Thursday. Not sure what that's gonna do for her makin the Classic...we'll hafta see. Sure gonna miss seein a buncha folks!

Now that's funny.. made me laugh.. thanks :lol::lol:

But seriously, Rance, I think you're first because there is a space as the first character when they entered your name and in ASCII sorting a space comes before everything.

Or, it could be that floating thing ... heh heh heh

JD

But seriously, Rance, I think you're first because there is a space as the first character when they entered your name and in ASCII sorting a space comes before everything.

Or, it could be that floating thing ... heh heh heh

JD

Thanks JD... probably the floaty thingy :lol: :lol:

Rance <_<

Thinkin' thanks fer all the support :wacko:

Yep, Buffalo Dick, King of the DuelFighters!

Titus, sure will miss ya. Won't be quite the same with you not there. Hope Fannie's dad turns soon. I know she has been stretched thin with it.

6 days!

Only 6 day,,, I gotta get some cloths loaded up in the RV... Come on Titus, the factory will still be there when You get back. Just wont be the same man... I mean it will still be Great just not so Great----know what I mean ??????? I'm shooting Wild Bunch---my first match.....You gotta be there...

Only 6 day,,, I gotta get some cloths loaded up in the RV... Come on Titus, the factory will still be there when You get back. Just wont be the same man... I mean it will still be Great just not so Great----know what I mean ??????? I'm shooting Wild Bunch---my first match.....You gotta be there...

Believe me, I'd LUV to be there...just don't see it happenin. I've skated to make the last couple of Classic's...my Manager hasn't been too unhappy. But that's not gonna be the case this year. Lost one of our key guys to a promotion which has put a lot more responsibility in my lap to see the project thru. Gotta do what I gotta do. No job, no money for bullets, powder, primers, guns, RV fuel, not to mention that high maintenance shootin partner of mine(did I really just say that!?) Sip a little bourbon for me. :D

Believe me, I'd LUV to be there...just don't see it happenin. I've skated to make the last couple of Classic's...my Manager hasn't been too unhappy. But that's not gonna be the case this year. Lost one of our key guys to a promotion which has put a lot more responsibility in my lap to see the project thru. Gotta do what I gotta do. No job, no money for bullets, powder, primers, guns, RV fuel, not to mention that high maintenance shootin partner of mine(did I really just say that!?) Sip a little bourbon for me. :D

TITUS man we will miss ya ,but I understand the job thing well . I know a little something about walking away from a "GOOD" job and You WOULD!! miss the money trust me. Now I hated that place and I dont miss it but did I mention the money? :wacko:

I will miss you , I sure hope Fannie's dad turns out ok and she will be welcome if she shows up in the last 5 minutes of the match We will take care of her.

This place is ready to ROCK N ROLL.

We are having a big USPSA match on Saturday then starting a new Youth Scholastic Steel program on Saturday afternoon , followed up by an IDPA match on Sunday . I will rip it all out on Sunday afternoon and set the steel up for the Classic on Monday as soon as we get all the new gravel leveled out that is being delivered that morning.

The Kaskaskia Cowboys rebuilt the stage that was destroyed a couple of months ago in a storm. The new BUTCHER BLOCK stage is just fantastic I can not say enough how great these folks are.

We had pretty a pretty good press report on the match this week along with some local advertising. We should have quite a few spectators milling about on Saturday . Bella and I spoke to literally thousands of people at the St Louis NRA convention and there were a lot of folks in the area interested in SASS.

LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERY ONE HERE.

MOSE

Doc, I hate to report that the good sipping whiskey I was holding back for the Midwest got consumed last night at Land Run. I did toast you while we were consuming it though. :lol: I guess I had better get by the liquer store before next week so we can break a new seal on a bigger bottle. It was not big enough anyway.

See everyone in a few days, save me a camping spot near the fray of things.

Titus....You will be sorley misssed if you don't just tell your manager to take two asprin(name youe favorite brand) and call you in the morning...or make that Monday morning. He'll get over it and I'll bet you're toooooo valuable to be let go.

Take a walk on the wild side.

Charlie.

Mose.

Got back to the house and realized I don't have a lot of BP rounds laying around so I have to get to loading.

What kind of round count we looking at for the main match and the BP match.

Smoke

here is what I had posted earlier.

The fun will start bright and early on

Thursday April 26th

8:00 Registration opens

9:00 The Illinois State Black Powder Championship Safety Meeting

9:15 First Shots of the match head down range

Awards in all categories if shot with black powder

This is also the practice match for smokeless shooters

12:00 The Side Matches Open

Speed Rifle

Speed Pistol

Two handed

Duelist

Gunfighter

Speed Shotgun

87/97

Hammer Shotgun

Hammerless

Team Stage

1 Stage you pick the 3 person team

Mixed Team

Must have at least 1 lady on the team

All side matches will be a declare your time after you have run the stage ,run it all ya want but when you tell us that’s it ,then that’s it.

Awards for Buckaroo’s, Mens, Ladys , Senior Men, and Senior Lady in speed events.

6:00 Party on the Patio Meet n Greet at 17th Street Bar-n-Grill

Special meal is only 6.00 or full menu is available

Just come hang out for a while

Friday April 27th

8:00 Registration opens

9:00 MAIN MATCH DAY 1 Mandatory Safety Meeting

9:15 First shots down range

1:00 Lunch in the Vendor Barn

2:30 3 Stage Team Match

team will consist of

1 traditional style shooter

1 duelist shooter

1 blackpowder shooter or outlaw

6:00 Side Match awards and Pizza Party ( while it last)

In the Vendor Barn

Saturday April 28th

9:30 MAIN MATCH DAY 2

1:00 Lunch in the Vendor Barn

6:00 Main Match Awards Party

Pick Your 50’s Dance

Car Show

Soda Shop

Costume Contest

Games

Prizes

Raffles

HOW MUCH DO YA WANT TO SHOOT!!!

Round count for main match is minimum of 100 rifle, 100 pistol, 40 shotgun

Round count for Black powder/warm up is 49 rifle , 50 pistol and 22 shotgun

Round count for wild bunch is 30 rifle ,50 pistol and 17 shotgun

Round count for team match is 30 rifle , 30 pistol and 25 plus shotgun

Round count for side matches well that depends on you.

ALL MATCHES , SIDE MATCHES , TEAM MATCHES ARE INCLUDED!!!

Glad you can make it.

WIPED OUT! I just finished a two day, 2K mile marathon road trip to get to this match. I just woke up somewhere on I70 about 250 miles from Sparta.

Looking forward to the fun & folks.

See ya soon!

Lead Ringer

(not the only reason I made the drive, but makes me seem like real die hard cowboy shooter:)

Ol' green is still in the shop, so I'll be gettin' in there this evenin'. Depends on what time I get the truck back as to what time I get there. Gettin' antsy waiting on the phone call to go get the truck!! :lol::unsure::rolleyes:

WIPED OUT! I just finished a two day, 2K mile marathon road trip to get to this match. I just woke up somewhere on I70 about 250 miles from Sparta.

Looking forward to the fun & folks.

See ya soon!

Lead Ringer

(not the only reason I made the drive, but makes me seem like real die hard cowboy shooter:)

Glad you're able to make the trip/shoot; how's that "73 finger" you got at the W.B. shoot? Healed up well, I hope.

See you in a couple of more days; tomorrow in fact!

Archived