SASS Wire Forum

THE MIDWEST CLASSIC

Mose Spencer, SASS #63490

Well I had ta go to Troy Ill. today so I figured I'de swing by Sparta shootin center.(only an hour each way off my route). I see'd a new shelter type buildin with a tar paper roof and 2 by's on it but I never see'd no MOSE!!!!

He was probly nappin cuz it was about 6pm.

Blood Washed

Nahh!! Mose has been working hard all day and he's starving. He's probably went out to eat with his loving wife. :rolleyes:

Tenshot Tammy

(using Cascade Charlie's)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blood Washed

Sorry we missed ya. call me next time and I will be there . 270-349-4392

Tenshot Tammy is correct I took Bella to town for dinner and then we got trapped at the Washeee Washee laundry mat.(fun) :angry:

Pretty cool things on the range today ,got to see some SWAT team type training after we finished up on the new shelter.

SEE YA IN SPARTA

MOSE

Hey Doc,

I hope to see ya there. You know it will be a good one. KCDrover

Oh man, KCD at the Classic and RockCastle! How do I rate being graced by your presence in April and in May?

We sure got some good shootin comin up! This Classic is shaping up to be the best yet. And here I did not think that Mose could out do himself after last year!

Well Drover, if we make enough gumbo at Rockcastle, we will have leftovers for the meet and greet at Ohio State! If I have to admit it, it will be good to see that much of you! But I will never admit that I said that! Hows that grand baby?

7 pounds 12 ounces of masculinity. If he isn't a born Cowboy, then there isn't such a thing as "born cowboy". He can rope with one hand, and shoot his Ruger Bearcat dead accurate with other one. When he calls, calves just come up to the branding fire and roll over on their sides so he can brand them. The branding iron is too scared to get cold. His horse comes when he whistles, and women swoon everytime they are with him. :rolleyes:

Well, at least the part about "the women swooning" is true. My real question is how to get women to treat me the same way now that I am 60 years old as they did when I was 6 days old. ^_^

Thanks for asking, Doc.

KCDrover

WOW

we have been so busy with the IL state wild bunch match that we fell behind . I took the day off on monday and went back home to check the mail IT WAS FULL of people shooting the classic. Bella just finished putting them in and here is the latest list. now it is still about a week behind since we only check our mail weekly why we are in Sparta .We did manage to get our local Post office to forward every thing here to us on the range for the next few weeks maybe we can keep it updated faster that way. Thanks for every one asking and checking with us .

I was really waiting until Doc Eells got his entry in :lol:

shooter list

OR HERE

See Ya In Sparta

MOSE

Dang Mose, I thought I had sent my stuff in since I volunteered to be a posse leader. I have dropped everything in the mail today. I will be there to help in any way you need me too.

I am trying really hard to make sure that all the Outlaws shoot on the same posse. (That way we can keep them under control. :lol: )

Wish me luck. By the way, we will have an updated list on the web tonight so check it out. Should have it up by 8PM.

Bella

I dont know how good an idea that is Bella, some of them other Outlaws,(one in particular) makes me think I should be able to shoot in about half the time with no misses like he does. Cant wait to see the gang again. This is a great gathering of some really fine Outlaw Shooters.

TT, it will be good to see you again my friend. We just might have to sip on somethin together in the campground, or the vendor building, or during the banquet, or all the above!

WOW what and fantastic day here at Sparta .

We just came in off the range shot my first 22 silhouette match it was a lot of fun but I suck at it. I will get that fixed though.

Great news for The Classic the restaurant here on the range volunteered to host our own version of the PARTY ON THE PATIO, We will have the whole 17th street patio to ourselves on Thursday side match day. They will have music and a special dinner for all who attend a good meal and drinks will be available for only 6 bucks or the full regular menu will be available also.

I figure with all we got goin on it would be easier to let them cook rather than the normal POT LUCK Thursday night deal .

What do ya think

The new pavilion is finished on the Little Muddy Long Horn Corral thanks to all the Kaskaskia cowboys hard work , what a great group of folks.

I keep watching the calender but can make the days go any quicker , is it here yet is it here yet .

Lets Go Shoot!!!

MOSE

Man, every time I turn around you are adding something and making this incredible shoot that much better. How are you ever gonna top what you got now! I am like you Mose, just keep watching the days drag by in anticipation! Happy Easter to you and Bella!

WOW what and fantastic day here at Sparta .

We just came in off the range shot my first 22 silhouette match it was a lot of fun but I suck at it. I will get that fixed though.

Great news for The Classic the restaurant here on the range volunteered to host our own version of the PARTY ON THE PATIO, We will have the whole 17th street patio to ourselves on Thursday side match day. They will have music and a special dinner for all who attend a good meal and drinks will be available for only 6 bucks or the full regular menu will be available also.

I figure with all we got goin on it would be easier to let them cook rather than the normal POT LUCK Thursday night deal .

What do ya think

The new pavilion is finished on the Little Muddy Long Horn Corral thanks to all the Kaskaskia cowboys hard work , what a great group of folks.

I keep watching the calender but can make the days go any quicker , is it here yet is it here yet .

Lets Go Shoot!!!

MOSE

Wow!

Great idea!

Sounds really kewl!

And here I am, actually trying to lose weight to fit into my leather and you keep dangling goodies like this in front of me.

Oh, well, might as well go with the flow.

Sounds like another good time.

See all ya all in a couple of weeks.

Hey all

Thought I would post the official schedule of events and explain some of the fun we have going on .

The fun will start bright and early on

Thursday April 26th

8:00 Registration opens

9:00 The Illinois State Black Powder Championship Safety Meeting

9:15 First Shots of the match head down range

Awards in all categories if shot with black powder

This is also the practice match for smokeless shooters

12:00 The Side Matches Open

Speed Rifle

Speed Pistol

Two handed

Duelist

Gunfighter

Speed Shotgun

87/97

Hammer Shotgun

Hammerless

Team Stage

1 Stage you pick the 3 person team

Mixed Team

Must have at least 1 lady on the team

All side matches will be a declare your time after you have run the stage ,run it all ya want but when you tell us that’s it ,then that’s it.

Awards for Buckaroo’s, Mens, Ladys , Senior Men, and Senior Lady in speed events.

6:00 Party on the Patio Meet n Greet at 17th Street Bar-n-Grill

Special meal is only 6.00 or full menu is available

Just come hang out for a while

Friday April 27th

8:00 Registration opens

9:00 MAIN MATCH DAY 1 Mandatory Safety Meeting :FlagAm:

9:15 First shots down range

1:00 Lunch in the Vendor Barn

2:30 3 Stage Team Match

team will consist of

1 traditional style shooter

1 duelist shooter

1 blackpowder shooter or outlaw :rolleyes:

6:00 Side Match awards and Pizza Party ( while it last)

In the Vendor Barn

Saturday April 28th

9:30 MAIN MATCH DAY 2

1:00 Lunch in the Vendor Barn

6:00 Main Match Awards Party

Pick Your 50’s Dance B)

Car Show

Soda Shop :FlagAm:

Costume Contest :wub:

Games :lol:

Prizes

Raffles

HOW MUCH DO YA WANT TO SHOOT!!! :D

Round count for main match is minimum of 100 rifle, 100 pistol, 40 shotgun

Round count for Black powder/warm up is 49 rifle , 50 pistol and 22 shotgun

Round count for wild bunch is 30 rifle ,50 pistol and 17 shotgun

Round count for team match is 30 rifle , 30 pistol and 25 plus shotgun

Round count for side matches well that depends on you.

ALL MATCHES , SIDE MATCHES , TEAM MATCHES ARE INCLUDED!!!

We have also had a few request for cowboy sporting clays. We can put a group together for that also if any one is interested , send us and email or message. We will see if we have enough interest to arrange a discount on the sporting clays range since it is not included.

That’s a pretty good start for now I will keep working to see what else we can come up with.

SEE YA IN SPARTA

MOSE

WOW!! Only 17 days left?

I can hardly contain myself. This is always such a great match and I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends again.

I'm with Charlie on that! WOW! I am gonna have to come home and go to work to get a little rest after this one! Hey, if Buffalo Dick wears a wig, could he be our lady shooter on the team? I mean he would be just like a lady, only different! An ugly one too! (sorry Ugly, no insult intended) Bout time you got your app in Sgt.

When is the Wild Bunch Side Match?

Sorry Don

I had so much going I forgot to add we are also having a 3 stage wild bunch match starting at 2:00 on Thursday afternoon.

This is a Wild Bunch Rules type match.

Thanks to Shell Stuffer we will have a chronograph set up for any one who wants to voluntarily check their loads. However since this is not an official Wild Bunch Match we will not be doing mandatory chonograph testing or checking bullet weights, so if any one has ammo that did not make the cut at a State Level match bring it here and play with it. You can then reload to proper specs for an official match. We will be following all other wild bunch rules however.

I TOLD YA ALL BRING LOTS OF AMMO AND SHOOT ALL YA WANT!!!

MOSE

JUST GOT A NEW BATCH OF ENTRIES . Like the monkey says when he pees in the oceans "its keeps gettin bigger all the time"

Just finished a meeting with the CAR CLUB more cars comin also. WE may have to add some extra hours to clock on Saturday just to see everything.

SEE YA IN SPARTA

MOSE

Doc, looking forward to sharing some stories and sipping a little something with you. I tried to get a little of Copperheads elixer but did not plan far enough ahead. :blink:

T-Bone, I thought Lady T and my schedule looked full but I see you are on a role. We have Land Run, Midwest, Georgia,my monthly match then a few weeks off. Lady T wants to talk to you about EOT. She thinks she is going to go, I however still have a partner that thinks I should work at least part of the time. :angry:

Archived