SASS Wire Forum

THE MIDWEST CLASSIC

Mose Spencer, SASS #63490

Hey all

Just wanted to start the official thread and give some information to ya.

DATES FOR THE MIDWEST CLASSIC are April 26th,27th,and 28th

First let me say thanks to all that have called asking me about the applications to the MIDWEST CLASSIC and all the TRIPLE CROWN EVENTS

They are online now thanks to Honey B Graceful and T-Bone at

Midwest Classic Application 0r Triple Crown Application

they should have been up earlier but my new web site is not up yet.

To be honest Bella and I went to The Last Stand in Florida (great match ) and then went to the gulf coast

to visit with Tn Tall and Rio Drifter, well there place was awsome!!! and the weather was PERFECT!!! for the next few weeks

and well heck we just stayed there for a while.

We are back home now and the weather here SUCKS! ,so we will be inside catching up on all the work we neglected while in

Florida.

NOW FOR THE NEWS

Outlaw Entertainment is proud to offer another first in the cowboy shooting world by hosting a combination event.

The Midwest Classic will consist of a great Outlaw Entertainment style all inclusive cowboy action shoot and a

custom car show/cruise in hosted by THE GRAND COTE CRUISERS all at the same time.

The Midwest Classic will also host the official SASS State Blackpowder Championship this year .

The Blackpowder match will be held on Thursday and also serve as a smokeless warm up match for anyone wishing to participate in it.

We will also have Sidematches and a RUN-N-GUN Wild Bunch match on Thursday.

Friday will start the MAIN MATCH with lunch and a TEAM event after that followed by simple dinner on the range.

Saturday will start the final day of the main match lunch and then a COOL awards banquet.

Sunday will be Cowboy Church and go home.

The Saturday Awards banquet,dance, and custom car show will be the "PICK YOUR 50's" night that means 1850's or 1950's.

Break out your best prarie skirt or poodle skirt , dust off your chaps or roll up the sleeves on your t-shirt.

Slick back your hair or twist up your mustache then plan to party the night a way with grand hits of 50's rock-n-roll and country classics.

Jump in your DeLorean or fire up the TIME TRAIN and join all the silver screen B-western heroes,Rebels with out causes,

lords of the flatbush and Rawhide, Wranglin,Gunslingin cowboys. Be there or Be square.

The Midwest Classic is the first leg of the Triple Crown join us for all three events.

MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW

MOSE

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet another link to information about The Midwest Classic and Triple Crown news including a motel listings for surrounding areas.MOSEnBELLA.com

I can only recommend the Holiday Inn or Briarwood in Sparta I have heard some horror stories about the Budget Inn. I have never stayed anywhere else on the list it is just the list provided by the chamber.

MOSE

And yet another link to information about The Midwest Classic and Triple Crown news including a motel listings for surrounding areas.MOSEnBELLA.com

I can only recommend the Holiday Inn or Briarwood in Sparta I have heard some horror stories about the Budget Inn. I have never stayed anywhere else on the list it is just the list provided by the chamber.

MOSE

Hey Mose,

So the Holiday Inn Express in Sparta is Cowboy friendly????????

Blood Washed

Howdy Blood Washed (still like that name)

Yes the Holiday Inn is very cowboy friendly it is a little more $$ than some of the others but I think worth it.

I have NO connection with the H I and receive no perks from them they just ALWAYS treat us great when we stay there.

The little lady that does breakfast is quite interesting to talk with and always hooks me up with fresh stuff in the mornings.

look forward to seeing you in Sparta.

MOSE

You should be getting quite a list on who's coming by now?

My "triple Crown" apps. went in the mail this morning. Should be a lot of laughs at least.

Rufus and Ugly received you guys and a bunch more in the mail today.

I should be able to start a shooters list sometime soon at the Mosenbella website.

more soon gotta get back to work now.

MOSE

Thanks Mose, will check it some time. Is Bella still sending out the apps for the U.S. Open to the catagory champions?

Rufus

• 2 weeks later...

Hey SASS got the link fixed the shooting events page . THANKS to the girls at the SASS office.

I don't know why but when you would click the MIDWEST CLASSIC link in the shooting events section it would take you to a MACY's add guess that was better than some places it could have gone to.

Anyway it goes to the great website that Honey B Graceful has for us on the badlands bar 3 site.

More entries came in today it is starting to crank up.

SEE YA IN SPARTA

MOSE

• 2 weeks later...

Now what in the wide wide world of sports is this thread doing all the way back on like page 597.261 of the wire? This is one of the funnest shoots in the Mid West for sure! The World Shooting and Recreational Complex and their fine folks, along with Mose and Bella, put on a challenging shoot and one extremely entertaining and fun party! If you have been to this shoot, I probably will be seeing you back, if you have never been, mark the calender in permanent marker for this to be the new shoot you go to for the year! Mose, good talkin with ya last night! It sure sounds like this one will be the best yet. Thanks for all the effort you put into this match.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Y'all

I have been away for a while but now I am back.

We had to take a little break and go spend some time at that little place in Texas. You all know the one where world champs grow on trees.

We will be on site at the World Shooting Complex until the Classic now so look for many new things to appear on the range.

Bella has been buying every cool 50's nostalgia thing she can find she say's "this will make a great door prize or that will make a great decoration" You ever see a saloon girl in a poodle skirt it is quite the combination. :wub:

The Car show circuit in the midwest is a buzz with the idea of going back in time to the OLD WEST so we should have some great street machines to look at .

The shooters list will appear online soon so check Mosenbella.com for the list.

The Triple Crown buckle series is finished I will stick a pic of the proof on here ASAIC.

more news to come.

MOSE

Nice, Nice and Nice on the buckles Mose! Sound likes you and Bella have it coming together! But, I never would have doubted that! I am so ready for the trip to Sparta! See you guys in about a month!

No you didn't; you couldn't have; but, you did. In the video, someone caught the bullet in mid flight from the rifle. Amazing Photo! That is a great video. I will be at this shoot, if I gotta carry my camper on my back! :wacko: KCD

Count me in! I am looking forward to shooting in Sparta.

Lead Ringer

Portland, OR

Lead Ringer it was a pleasure speaking with you look and forward to meeting you at SPARTA.

We are loading up the MOSEMOBILE and heading out to Sparta today. I can't wait this means the shooting season is starting for us and spring is just around the corner. I get to start throwing lead down range a lot. Like a good friend of mine in Texas say's I feel like a puppy looking for something to chew up. :)

Look Out Y'all where we com.

MOSE

Archived