SASS Wire Forum

Deadwood Marshals

Capt. Billy

The Deadwood Marhals, with it's new officers and board now in place, held it's 2nd Cowboy Shoot of 2012. The weather was fantastic, with temperatures in the mid 70's. There were 25 shooters in attendance making up two posses. When shooting was completed shooters that chose to stay for lunch were treated to a bowl of Corn and Shrimp bisk, biscuit, and brownie, most cowboys were going back for seconds, (I must confess I made a pig of myself and had 3 bowls).

Results of the shoot are on our website at www.deadwoodmarshals.com. You may also find a map to the town of Deadwood range in case you're interested in attending our next shoot. We shoot twice a month on the 1st and 3rd Sat. of each month. Hope some of you out there will consider coming on down and shooting with us.

This coming Saturday is a scheduled work day to finish tearing down the first few stages of our rebuild. Our group is committed to building a better Town of Deadwood where cowboy and cowgirl alike can come on down and enjoy some good ole Southern hospitallity and have fun cowboy action shooting.

Saddle up and come on down!

• 2 weeks later...

Had twelve shooters come out this past Saturday to help tear down the 4 stages that are going to be replaced. Red River Rudy brought his tractor, which made the tear down a breeze and made hauling all the trash to the burn pile a whole lot easier. We started at 8:00 AM and were done by 2:00 PM. It really helps when the members turn out to help and share the burden of all the work. It's truly the "cowboy way" that we emulate every other weekend at our monthly shoots.

Will post some pictures when we start building the deck onto which the various stages will be constructed.

Our February shoot is scheduled for this Saturday with Lasagna and salad being served for lunch. One thing for sure, we do eat well. :D

Archived