SASS Wire Forum

~ Eagle Gunfighter Grips ~

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

What do y'all think of them...?

I don't have large hands and haven't really struggled with my 'original' model Vaquero's, but I felt a pards 'thinner' gripped revolver and really liked it...

There are other gri[ps, but I want to focus on those pards using or have had experience with the Eagle product....after all, $160 is nothin' to sneeze at...at least for me :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Little Sure Shot and I have the checkered black buffalo horn grips on 3 pair of old model Vaqueros, GG. Love them. We have used Eagle Gunfighter grips since Raj introduced them. You will love the way that they feel and they hold up great. Really are worth the money and they look great against the stainless. Ours still look like the way they did when we put them on almost 10 years ago.

Wells Fargo

All 5 of my Frontiersman ROAs have checkered Eagle gunfighter grips.

Nothing else lets me control the gun as well.

--Dawg

Howdy, Pard,

I have used Eagle grips on my OM Vaqueros for years. The only problem you may encounter is fitting the grips to the gripframes on the Rugers. This is not the fault of Eagle, but the variations in Ruger gripframes from gun-to-gun. Frankly, this drives Raj practically nuts! Best bet would be to send the guns down to Raj and let them fit the grips to the individual guns. Barring that, have them send you the grips and see what happens. If they don't fit right, send them back and they will send you another pair.

BTW, this is going to be a problem with any brand of grips...even Ruger factory grips don't interchange from one gun to the next...at least on the OM frames. Don't know about the New Vaqueros.

Ride easy, but stay alert! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America! :FlagAm:

Your Pard,

Heee Haaa Gunner.. I have the Black Buffalo horn checkered Gunfighter grips on the 38's also I have the American Elk on the 44-40's :wub: I had to send the Elk back and had them slim them down some .. :unsure: They told me that I would lose some of the bark . :huh: But they turned out be-u-t-full :wub: at no charge.. :D Great company,Great Service.. ;)

I'll show ya at the Town of Liberty next Month.. :P

Hee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

I have Eagle grips on all my pistols, including 3 sets of pink diamond wood grips that they did custom for me. They fit great and I just love all of them. They fit my hands very well. The gunfighter style is a definite plus.

Chula Kat

Heee Haaa Gunner.. I have the Black Buffalo horn checkered Gunfighter grips on the 38's also I have the American Elk on the 44-40's :wub: I had to send the Elk back and had them slim them down some .. They told me that I would lose some of the bark . :huh: But they turned out be-u-t-full :wub: at no charge.. :D Great company,Great Service.. ;)

I'll show ya at the Town of Liberty next Month.. :P

Hee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::FlagAm:

Got the regular rosewood versions, but should have them in a couple days - I LOVE your pistols pard! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Heee Haaa Gunner.. I'm Quite sure they look super BUT Are they gonea shoot the same.. :blink: You may aim at one target and hit another.. :P You should probaly add that to your list of excueses.. :o Soes when I put a whoppin on ya Sat. in the town of LIBERTY..Ya can tell everbody "Ya it was them dang-nabit new GRIPS I just got :D:D

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::FlagAm:

Heee Haaa Gunner.. I'm Quite sure they look super BUT Are they gonea shoot the same.. :blink: You may aim at one target and hit another.. :P You should probaly add that to your list of excueses.. :o Soes when I put a whoppin on ya Sat. in the town of LIBERTY..Ya can tell everbody "Ya it was them dang-nabit new GRIPS I just got :D

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::FlagAm:

...well....I don't see that happenin'... ...but, I'll figger it out poncho!...yet, if'n I lose (as usual :lol: ) it's an honor to lose to a kind gentleman such as yourself ;) I'll practice kissing your feet :D

After reading a lot of the respones about Eagle Gunfighter grips I order a pair for my ruger ROA's on the 22nd of Jan. It does take a while for them to deliver, especially when you waiting to see what they look like on the revolver. I ordered the tru ivory checkered grips. Can't hardly wait

WOWWIE!! They look great, feel great, and fit the grip frames better than the original stockers!!

Cheers to Eagle Grips!!

Gunner, glad you received your Eagle Gunfighter Grips and are happy with them. I have a them on my "original" model Vaqueros as well and really like them. I now shoot my "New" model Vaqueros mostly and was thinking about putting them on that pair of pistols. Anybody out there installed the Eagle Gunfighter Grips on the "New" model Vaqueros and if so, how do you like them?

Buckeye Pete :FlagAm:

Archived