SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Request...

Llama Ron

Please remember me in your prayers! I've been job hunting for a few months now. Yesterday I saw a help wanted ad in our church's newspaper from a small local Christian ministry production studio. I don't have a resume to submit as the last two decades have been spent on the PD.

I decided to be bold and stopped by the place today to introduce myself. The business isn't really set up for visitors- it's a bunch of offices in an industrial park building. I walked in and went to the first occupied office I found and knocked on the door. It just so happened to be that the girl in that office was the one who they are looking for someone to help out. I got to talk to her for a while and it went really well. She was excited to then introduce me to the one other person on that side of the business- her boss and the guy who will do the hiring.

I got to talk to him, tell him about myself and we found out I had served with his cousin on the force.

It didn't feel like a job interview, which was my intentions by just showing up. I felt really good about it.

This job would be a great fit for me- and them as well. They are 5 minutes from my house. It's a small, friendly place with a relaxed atmosphere involved in a business that I have a passion for.

I've looked into several jobs since retiring, interviewed for a few -and every one required quit a compromise on my part in one way or another- travel, schedule, etc... None of them panned out for no real reason; I'm hoping God had this one saved for me!

Prayers up for the best for you.

Good luck Pard !

Prayers on the way -_-

Archived