SASS Wire Forum

Slammed by snow -- record amounts. Oh joy.

20" on the ground, with 3-4 foot drifts. It doesn't snow much here, and usually in the 2-3" range that disappears pretty quickly with rain. I used Badger's little red shovel and dug out our driveway, but the snow plow hasn't made it by yet to clear the street, so we're still stranded. The SUV is high centering. :o

20" on the ground, with 3-4 foot drifts. It doesn't snow much here, and usually in the 2-3" range that disappears pretty quickly with rain. I used Badger's little red shovel and dug out our driveway, but the snow plow hasn't made it by yet to clear the street, so we're still stranded. The SUV is high centering. :o

Enjoy it, . . . stay indoors, . . . stay warm and well fed . . . watch western movies . . . load ammo . . . . :)

That's just a little dusting... I'm jealous

I hear Seattle is closed. :lol:

Lots of flight cancelations, again pretty rare for our area. Our area IS closed. We're not prepared for these types of storms -- no snow blowers for personal use, and the county has few snow plows.

You doing ok, Okie?

We got about ten inches of ice and snow and it is snowing right now, lightly. Power went out last night around 1830 hours so I cranked up the generator and ran it till bed time. Just got in bed and it came back on. Been flickering all morning. We are snowed in, We live down at the end of a small hill in a rural area.

We did get a snow plow back on tuesday. Not much since then. I sure hope the pemmican hold out. I would hate to shoot another buffalo.

I don't know if I'm going to get out of here this morning... it's a mile and a half to the pavement, and downhill all the way too. :(

Should be easy to get out. Difficult to get back though.

I didn't make it. :( Got to within a quarter mile or so of the highway, and engine cut out. Too much snow under the hood, and something got wet. I was plowing it all the way down in 1st gear... in a 1982 Honda Civic... :lol: My daughter's car with new studded snow tires got me to within a couple hundred yards of the house coming back up. I got it turned around and sent her on her way to school, but had to walk the last of it. Got the F350 PSD plugged in now - hopefully it will start in an hour and a half when I have to go to work.

More snow than I've seen in many, many years.

The timing belt is covered... I don't know how it could skip a cog due to snow under the hood... and being an interference head, it would have made some REALLY bad noises if it did! :lol:

... anyway, on my way to work in another vehicle about 90 minutes later, I stopped and tried starting it and it started right up. Too much "snow dust" in the carburetor I'd guess.

I've only seen this much snow in such a short time one other time in my life - Thanksgiving in Birch Bay, Washington, 2006.

I've got 16" here, while surrounding towns have only one to four inches or thereabouts. Really weird how it all dropped in the Helena area.

The timing belt is covered... I don't know how it could skip a cog due to snow under the hood... and being an interference head, it would have made some REALLY bad noises if it did! :lol:

... anyway, on my way to work in another vehicle about 90 minutes later, I stopped and tried starting it and it started right up. Too much "snow dust" in the carburetor I'd guess.

I've only seen this much snow in such a short time one other time in my life - Thanksgiving in Birch Bay, Washington, 2006.

I've got 16" here, while surrounding towns have only one to four inches or thereabouts. Really weird how it all dropped in the Helena area.

That was a dandy. Boats turned over an roofs caved in on car ports.

I was in the campground with a 2wd F150 and a tiny camp trailer about 9' long from bumper to ball hitch. The night before Thanksgiving, it started snowing... HEAVY... about two in the morning, I heard a rifle shot that woke me up... I laid there and listened, and a few minutes later, I heard another one... WTH?? I opened the door to the little trailer, and a couple minutes later, heard yet another one fairly close by, followed by a bunch of snow falling from a tree with a HUGE branch behind it. The snow was breaking off branches measuring several inches in diameter, and the *CRACK* sounded just like a rifle shot. Nothing I could do about it, so I went back to bed and hoped I wouldn't get crushed during the night.

THE TRAILER when it started snowing. By the time it quit the next day, there was a bit over 17" on the level.

There is not much you can do when you are surrounded with tall fir trees and the wind and snow comes.

We have trees loaded with snow and ice and limbs are breaking off and knocking out the power.

One of my fir trees, actually two of my fir trees came down in that melee and one missed my boat by about

three feet. It would have been a 14 foot beer can if it had hit it.

Well,off to bed. Hope I have coffee in the morning. The coffee maker is plugged in and filled.

Rest easy ya'll.

BMC and Okie, ya'll stay warm, drink, watch TV and Westerns, and stay safe!

It's 4 here at the moment, just getting light enough to see. That 4-6" tonight is gonna force me to use the blower. The clipper that came through yesterday had me out shoveling twice :angry: just enough to have to do it as the drive is sloped, plus they plowed and I had to get the end cleared out before it froze.........Buck :blush:

Archived