SASS Wire Forum

My new -old- 'Stoeger' 1866 Yellowboy

Llama Ron

Picked up my 1866 Yellowboy today. New in the box. Well, it was new in March, 2007! The sellers Dad had bought it new, put it in the closet where it stayed until his son found it when he died last fall. :unsure:

I guess back then Uberti 'branded' them as Stoegers. I was shocked at how beautiful the wood is on this thing! Deep, almost three dimensional shine on the stocks with amazing grain. The hammer and the lever are case colored, which I didn't know.

The barrel band and the barrel are a very, very deep blue; reminds me of the old 60's and 70's S&W deep blue on their revolvers. Yes- it's that nice.

Price tag on the box is $889.00, with another 'in store special' price of $799.

Ok, now here's my dilemma- am I an insensitive bastard for naming it The Ghost'?

Pics: (I am not a photographer)

Picked up my 1866 Yellowboy today. New in the box. Well, it was new in March, 2007! The sellers Dad had bought it new, put it in the closet where it stayed until his son found it when he died last fall. :unsure:

I guess back then Uberti 'branded' them as Stoegers. I was shocked at how beautiful the wood is on this thing! Deep, almost three dimensional shine on the stocks with amazing grain. The hammer and the lever are case colored, which I didn't know.

The barrel band and the barrel are a very, very deep blue; reminds me of the old 60's and 70's S&W deep blue on their revolvers. Yes- it's that nice.

Price tag on the box is $889.00, with another 'in store special' price of $799.

Ok, now here's my dilemma- am I an insensitive bastard for naming it The Ghost'?

Pics: (I am not a photographer)

Very Nice, now get an action job and shoot the heck out of it.

KK

I think "Ghost" is very appropriate. I have a similar rifle (was not a safe queen, just not used)that has Stoeger on it, mine has a (4) four digit serial #. I have the same rifle as a backup also, (5) five digit serial #. Love my short 66's, wouldn't shoot anything else! B)

Ya might otta re-inforce behind the little tab on the loading gate before you get your first jam..

Yellowboys are known for the weak loading gate.. just re-inforce the one you have..

Don't buy the new heavy duty ones.. just fix what ya got..

Good Luck..

Rance <_<

Thinkin' my tab broke off at my first match..

New out of the box :)

Still shootin' it though :mellow: Love it..

If ya wanna see that baby really shine, polish up the brass with some Mothers Wheel Polish. It will make the brass so shiny you can almost see yourself in it. Some people like the more tarnished look. It's just a matter of personal preferrence.

Ya might otta re-inforce behind the little tab on the loading gate before you get your first jam..

Yellowboys are known for the weak loading gate.. just re-inforce the one you have..

Good Luck..

Rance <_<

+1 B)

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts..." (from one of my favorite movies)

If my guns are loved and enjoyed after I'm gone like this one will be, it would be an honor.

Nice.

+1 B)

yep- gonna do that when I have the stocks off of it to strip the clear coat off the receiver. The wood is finished so nice i almost hesitate to 'Indian' Tack it up like Sitting Bull's! :ph34r:

Good Luck..

Rance <_<

yep- gonna do that when I have the stocks off of it to strip the clear coat off the receiver. The wood is finished so nice i almost hesitate to 'Indian' Tack it up like Sitting Bull's! :ph34r:

Smart man Llama Ron.. you're gonna love that rifle..

Rance <_<

Thinkin' ya done good :)

And Ghost is an excellent name.. :ph34r:

Archived