SASS Wire Forum

Ruger has some nice distributor exclusive Vaquero offerings

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Funny how they have the .44 Special Bisley under the Vaquero category when it's a Blackhawk.

A fellow in my club found the Bisleys for sale at a local store (Dewey's Pawn Shop in Greenville, SC). I went by recently; they'd sold the other Bisley but they had one of the Talo birdshead .45s. Nice.

Actually, I believe the USFAs are a knock off of the original Ruger Vaqueros with birdshead grip frames ^_^ since they came along before the USFAs did.

KQ

You are right! A friend has one in 45

Hay GG

I cant wait to show you what I did with my new 44 Vaqueros .

I took my 44 Vaqueros in SS Sheriff Models along with my 44spl Vaqueros in Blued Models .

And switched the Grip frames and loading gates and the Hammer and Cylinder Pins .

OH Yeah and the Cylinder Base pin and the Screws .

They Look Sweet !

Katchum said they are called Pintos . :unsure:

Sturm Ruger Guns Are 100% American Made :excl:

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Hay GG

I cant wait to show you what I did with my new 44 Vaqueros .

I took my 44 Vaqueros in SS Sheriff Models along with my 44spl Vaqueros in Blued Models .

And switched the Grip frames and loading gates and the Hammer and Cylinder Pins .

OH Yeah and the Cylinder Base pin and the Screws .

They Look Sweet !

Katchem said they are called Palominos.

Sturm Ruger Guns Are 100% American Made :excl:

YES! aren't those the ones I saw at the shoot earlier this month - Style points for sure pard!

GG ~ :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

YES! aren't those the ones I saw at the shoot earlier this month - Style points for sure pard!

GG ~ :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

LOL Yep :excl:

Sorry my memory is shorter than my ? :unsure:

Whew, I got twitchy looking down the list ... back in 2000, Ruger made a special run of 2000 SSBH's with a 4.625" barrel in 45 Colt. Worried they would do them again. Took me over 2 years to put a pair together. Nicely balanced handguns

I called them Pintos! :lol:

KQ

LOL sorry Pard !

I did not mean to miss Quote you :unsure:

Katchum Said Pintos ! :blink:

THESE 4 5/8"ers are $419 on Bud's Website, and $394 from them on GUNBROKER. Maybe shipping is included on the Website...? I could go for a pair of 'em...

I had the Vaquero with stag grips and wanted another one so that I could shoot two birdsheads. The New Vaquero has the laminate grips. The biggest surprise was the hammer. Look at the curve, and it's twice as wide as the old one.

Cherokee Slim

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p149/Cherokee_Slim/IMG_0322.jpg

They do look cool Rooster. I like 'em!

LOL Thanks KQ !

I like all four and I dont know witch ones to shoot LOL :D:):o

I had the Vaquero with stag grips and wanted another one so that I could shoot two birdsheads. The New Vaquero has the laminate grips. The biggest surprise was the hammer. Look at the curve, and it's twice as wide as the old one.

Cherokee Slim

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p149/Cherokee_Slim/IMG_0322.jpg

They are either Super Blackhawk or Montado hammers. Either way, they are high on my short list.

KQ

http://www.ruger.com/products/vaqueroDE/models.html

I know I left that wad of cash somewhere! :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hey Gunner, I want to see you blaze away with those short barrel birdshead .45's at the IBPG night shoot. They'd make a huge fireball! :P

Spittoon

Hey Gunner, I want to see you blaze away with those short barrel birdshead .45's at the IBPG night shoot. They'd make a huge fireball! :P

Spittoon

That would be a flash banger for sure ~ lookin' to join y'all in the night shoot....hope a Dammit pard is there.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

THESE 4 5/8"ers are $419 on Bud's Website, and $394 from them on GUNBROKER. Maybe shipping is included on the Website...? I could go for a pair of 'em...

I started to buy a pair of these, but my dealer got me a pretty good deal on a pair of the stainless steel 4/58" .44 specials. These are the first Rugers I have used in competition since 2000.....I LOVE 'EM!! I have been shooting them straight outta the box, they are that smooth. I'm not even putting the lower hammers on them.

I started to buy a pair of these, but my dealer got me a pretty good deal on a pair of the stainless steel 4/58" .44 specials. These are the first Rugers I have used in competition since 2000.....I LOVE 'EM!! I have been shooting them straight outta the box, they are that smooth. I'm not even putting the lower hammers on them.

Gunlbroker.com Paula's Guns can beat her prices .

I got my TWO 4 5/8 Vaqueros 44 specials shipped to my Dealer for 800.00 :blink:

Archived