SASS Wire Forum

shooting the SR1911

Rooster Ron Wayne

Rugers sweet new 1911

I have one and here is a good video on shooting one .

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Where in the wide world of sports did you find one? The best I can do is #6 on a waiting list with no expectation of a delivery date.

BSD

Isn't that jacketed .45 acp ammo a bit rough on targets? We get REAL PI$$*D OFF when folks have used jacketed ammo on our targets. The dimples cause one heck of a lot of splashback.

Nice gun, though.

eGG

Isn't that jacketed .45 acp ammo a bit rough on targets? We get REAL PI$$*D OFF when folks have used jacketed ammo on our targets. The dimples cause one heck of a lot of splashback.

Nice gun, though.

eGG

Same at our cowboy range ,eGG , but I gather from some of the opening comments that this is the shooter's personal stuff. Doesn't look like a public range.

I have some targets of my own that I have shot with FMJ 45 ACP , caused nary a dimple , but I don't plan on doing it again.

One thing I noticed right off , that guy can load mags about 4 times faster than I

can. :lol:

Rex , who also wants a Ruger SR1911. :D

(I have nothing to gain here just offering some info.)

Hay Pards I know the SR1911 is not to easy to find right now .

But there is a couple for buy now on Gunbroker.com.

A little higher price than I paid but not to bad .

I can tell you all it is well worth what ever you have to pay .

This is The best production 1911 I have ever shot.

I have a Springfield Armory, a Colt Gold Cup, a Taurus PT1911,and a Kimber 1911.

I have to say this is as good as it gits for a factory Production Gun .

And I would say Better than the Kimber for 1/2 the cost .

Good luck .

GOD BLESS ALL. :D

Nice gun, though.

eGG

Guess it depends on the quality of your steel targets, I bought some that were made of some super hard stuff to practice cowboy. Shot them with a 300 win mag ang jacketed 45-70. Didnt hurt them a bit, they were expensive though.

I want a backyard like that!!!! LOL

I've been a big fan of Hickok45 for some time (even before I started shooting cowboy). He has a ton of videos shooting many, many types of guns, tours of his range, his reloading equipment, etc. After viewing many of these, I've decided that I want to be just like him when I grow up. :)

Chick

Isn't that jacketed .45 acp ammo a bit rough on targets? We get REAL PI$*D OFF when folks have used jacketed ammo on our targets. The dimples cause one heck of a lot of splashback.

Nice gun, though.

eGG

His targets - can do as he pleases with 'em I reckon.....he shoots at 'em enough with just about anything.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I've been a big fan of Hickok45 for some time (even before I started shooting cowboy). He has a ton of videos shooting many, many types of guns, tours of his range, his reloading equipment, etc. After viewing many of these, I've decided that I want to be just like him when I grow up. :)

Chick

OLD ? LOL I like his videos too .

Hickok45 is fun to watch and he has a great shooting range.

I think we all would love to have .

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

His targets - can do as he pleases with 'em I reckon.....he shoots at 'em enough with just about anything.

Of course he can. :P And a darned well equipped range it is! So well equipped that it looked like a club range to me.

At our club we have trouble with the occassional idiot between matches shooting our steel with armor piercing rounds, and even full-house .45 acp puts enough of a ding in the steel to cause dangerous splashback. Just this month at Set Up we found that we had to retire 4 brand new targets because of someone's armor piercing high power ammo.

Buena suerte, amigo

eGG

Of course he can. :P And a darned well equipped range it is! So well equipped that it looked like a club range to me.

At our club we have trouble with the occassional idiot between matches shooting our steel with armor piercing rounds, and even full-house .45 acp puts enough of a ding in the steel to cause dangerous splashback. Just this month at Set Up we found that we had to retire 4 brand new targets because of someone's armor piercing high power ammo.

Buena suerte, amigo

eGG

Now that would 'steam my beans'....I can understand if a shooter is new and just doesn;t know better, but I reckon that scenario is rare...sorry that goes on at clubs :ph34r:

When your New Ruger 1911 comes in .

Show the caught vandalizer how to sight it in :excl:

RUN FOREST RUN :angry:

We don't believe ANY cowboys are shooting up our targets this way. Trouble is, our club is owned by the Ranch, and other folks come up between matches, and a modern 3-Gun outfit uses the range. The 3-Gunners have a pretty good Range Master, so we don't think that it is happening during their matches. Heck, the army trains there, too. And while everyone is told "no jacketed ammo on the steel targets," obviously some cannot resist temptation.

And we have never been able to catch the culprits, either.

But hey, I'm sorry to have hijacked this thread. Has anyone had any function difficulties - stovepipes, failure to feed, etc. - with the Ruger SR 1911?

Buena suerte,

eGG

I have had my Ruger 1911 now for 8 months.

I have some were around 1100 to 1200 hand rolled rounds threw it.

With NO Issues !

I can tell you it is a TACK DRIVER !

RUGER AMERICAN MADE GUNS !

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

I agree with what Rooster said. I got my SR 1911 back in July. I have not shot as many rounds as Rooster, Maybe 500 to 600 rounds. The gun has functioned flawlessly and is very accurate. It's also very pretty to look at. :)

Archived