SASS Wire Forum

BORDERTOWN APPLICATIONS 2012

Mean Rayleen, SASS #67283

Boogie,

Does Frodo need loaner guns or are you all taking care of him?

Boogie

I'm not sure what happend to my last post

but I can bring pretty much whatever he needs.

as long as its 38s or 45s and 12 guage - blask powder or that new Smokeless

and I have extra leather for all

Coffee

good pards aren't hard to find if you know where to look. :D

cc

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

Cheers, mates!

I am a new SASS member and will be shooting at the Bordertwen match. I'm the "Frodo", Boogie was talking about... and I still don't have the possibility to bring own guns (mainly because I don't have some). Boogie gave me the link to this thread and asked me to say "Hi"!

So...

Hi!

Ivory Jack, Frodo "Little Hillman" is a new German Cowboy Action Shooter, actually without guns. It takes in Germany a long time until you get all permissions to be officially allowed to buy and own guns. And the other German lives in the US. We only know him from internet. And I don't know his SASS name. "George Chapman"

English Luke: we miss you here on our side of the pond. On the 4.GTR match, the SASS European Regional Championship. Hope we see you there.

Boogie

Fyodor

Welcome to the wire........

Check some of the earlier posts cause there were folks offering guns and stuff.........

If ya need - I have a backup 97 Shotgun I can bring with me.........

see ya at Bodertown....regards.....Wolf

Hi!

Cheers, mates!

I am a new SASS member and will be shooting at the Bordertwen match. I'm the "Frodo", Boogie was talking about... and I still don't have the possibility to bring own guns (mainly because I don't have some). Boogie gave me the link to this thread and asked me to say "Hi"!

So...

Hi!

well HI! :D

i am certain that Coffee has enough inventory to cover you (and a small army).

if he doesnt he knows how to get a hold of IROT and me to fill the gaps.

it might help to know how tall you are so we can fit you better with long guns.

CC

Bordertown 2012 is officially SOLD OUT! :wub:

The website and shooter list has been updated. If you have visited the website recently, you may need to hit your refresh button (the little green arrows going in a circle.

Bordertown Website

Nellie.......KEWL.........good job.........e n' the boys are lookign forward to our first Bordertown......... :FlagAm:

Look out for Pit Viper, Molasses Kid , Dirk Highlander & yours truley.......were a comin......n' stuff's comin with us........ :rolleyes:

Wolf

Nellie.......KEWL.........good job.........e n' the boys are lookign forward to our first Bordertown......... :FlagAm:

Look out for Pit Viper, Molasses Kid , Dirk Highlander & yours truley.......were a comin......n' stuff's comin with us........ :rolleyes:

Wolf

more likely draggin' behind you :o

cc

We can start the OCCUPY BAR STOOLS MOVEMENT in Tombstone.

Now that's a political platform I can stand...er...sit.. on...or under!

Looking forward to Bordertown - Whoo-YEAH!!!!!!!

FJT

All the Clubs in the State of Arizona. ;)

Perhaps I should be more specific. What club am I gonna be at when I shoot this match, where do I need to physically be at to participate in this legendary match? What facility actualy allows us the pleasure of occupying there land and useing there facility's. Where do I tell the gps to lead me ????????

Aw Charlie..........well that to........ :blush:

I was hopin ta intimade em since I'm so slow, so's I can sneek up on em in the standings..... :unsure:

We won't mention all the stuff behind us........ <_<

Or our grudge match of course........ :angry:

Wolf

The match is just outside of Tombstone Arizona. Pretty easy to find, just turn at the Border Patrol Check Point. :rolleyes:

Save me a bar stool, if there are too many of us there may have to be a time per ride but more then 8 seconds :lol:

Gawd Awful, it shot at the home of the Tombstone Ghost Riders, and Los Vaqueros, and Old Pueblo Shooter association. we have 3 clubs shooting at the Tombstone livery. No real club puts on Bordertown. all chip in and its put on by the Boarder town board. all that being said what better place to shoot than with the town to tough to die, and the most historical shootout in the west "Gunfight at the OK coral/

Rafe :FlagAm:

Made the cut this year, thank goodness!

A little history for the newer folks -

Bordertown is an entity of it's own now with an amazing amount of effort and hard work from shooters all over AZ as well as many national sponsors. There are many good folks from here that contribute their time to make it one of the premier State Championships that it is.

In the beginning it was a spark from Ole Deadeye and TA Chance that was put to the board of Los Vaqueros, which was then fanned vigorously and ably by the Altar Valley Pistoleros, Old Pueblo Shootists Assoc., Pima Pistoleros, and the original Tombstone Buscaderos. These five S. AZ clubs made up what was referred to as The S. Arizona Cowboy Action Shooters. It went from concept to reality in a little over a year and the first Bordertown was held at the Tucson Rifle Club in 2000.

As it grew more help was received in the form of help and sponsorship from other AZ clubs.and it has grown to what it is today. It seemed to surprise a lot of folks at the time that five clubs could be brought together in such a cohesive/ cooperative fashion, we didn't think anything of it though as that's just the way we all played here.

The Tombstone setting they have now makes it even better. Look how far they've come.

Looking forward to meeting those new friends I haven't met and seeing all my old posse Pards from past years.

Coordinates to The Tombstone Livery for the navigational device inclined -

31° 44'40.64 N

110° 06'16.61 W

4221 ft E.

Safe trails,

CKid

Perhaps I should be more specific. What club am I gonna be at when I shoot this match, where do I need to physically be at to participate in this legendary match? What facility actualy allows us the pleasure of occupying there land and useing there facility's. Where do I tell the gps to lead me ????????

The intersection of Arizona 80 & 82 is about as close a reference as I can give. Maybe 1/4 mile west of the intersection in the South/West quadron.

If you Google the "Tombstone Livery", the address is there.

The match is put on by the Bordertown board....it's a group of cowboy shooters that put the Bordertown match on, but do not hold monthly matches and there is not a club...

For more information about the range and places to stay/camp/eat, try this link:

Bordertown Match Information

i am certain that Coffee has enough inventory to cover you (and a small army).

if he doesnt he knows how to get a hold of IROT and me to fill the gaps.

it might help to know how tall you are so we can fit you better with long guns.

I'm not familliar with the people here... could you please help me whom exactly I should talk to? I'm a bit lost, I'm sorry.

Woo Hoo! Made the cut. Look out Tombstone! I'm coming and Hell's coming with me! (Actually Delaney Rose is coming with me) ;);):lol:

Ivory, I hope for you Delaney has no internet connection so far..! :lol:

Good to see you guys again!

Olli

If ALL of the Primary Members of the the Pooley Gang are going to be in attendance, I am actually worried that "Tombstone, the Town To Tough To Die" may have finally met its match!

I'm bringing a video camera, and a stack of legal disclaimers.

Cheers,

FJT

If ALL of the Primary Members of the the Pooley Gang are going to be in attendance, I am actually worried that "Tombstone, the Town To Tough To Die" may have finally met its match!

I'm bringing a video camera, and a stack of legal disclaimers.

Cheers,

FJT

You very well could be on to something there Jackson!!! I think those disclaimers are a great idea. I'll bring a notary too!!!

Archived