SASS Wire Forum

END of TRAIL 2012

Misty Moonshine

END of TRAIL, the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting, Wild Bunch Action Shooting, and SASS Mounted Shooting will be held June 16th- 24th, 2012 at Founders Ranch in Edgewood, New Mexico.

The competition begins on Saturday, June 16th with the Wild Bunch Warm up match, followed by the World Championship Wild Bunch Match and Cowboy Action warm up matches continuing into side matches and team events through Wednesday. The Main Match, the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting begins on Thursday, following mandatory safety meetings and the grand opening ceremonies held Wednesday evening. Competitors from around the world will vie for the 2012 World Champion of Cowboy Action Shooting title over a course comprised of twelve individual stages over Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Truly a World Championship Competition, END of TRAIL's 2012 shooting stages will be the best of the best in Cowboy Action Shooting and Wild Bunch Action Shooting- developed through a collaboration with some of the most celebrated and respected stage writers across the country.

Sunday starts with Cowboy Church, and then competition resumes with the fast paced Top Gun Shootoff, team events, the final round of the High Noon Shootout and the World Championship Awards Ceremony.

Special evening engagements are available for the early birds and Wild Bunch shooters, Saturday June 16th and Tuesday June 19th. END of TRAIL will offer a safe shuttle to and from Wildlife West Nature Park in Edgewood for an evening of entertainment with a Chuckwagon Dinner and fantastic live music under the stars.

Friday and Saturday evening will both boast a return to the good 'ole days when entertaining every END of TRAIL participant well into the wee hours was in tall order. SASS has joined forces with the legendary Dooley Gang for a weekend long party that will be sure to not disappoint! Join your fellow competitors and attendees and party like we did in 1999! Great music, great fun, great giveaways- we dont want you to miss it!

Join us and check out whats new for 2012!

New Pricing for Shooting Packages!

Cut in Vendor/Exhibitor Fees!

Taking care of the VIP's- the SHOOTERS!

The best shooting anywhere in the world!

Continuous improvement projects underway for the range and props! (Including SHADE!)

END of TRAIL 2012 will re-establish setting the bar of what a World Championship is, and will be held, rain, shine, or dust storm!

DO JOIN US!

Questions, concerns, conversation? Want to know why YOU should come to END of TRAIL?

Get in touch!

Misty Moonshine

misty@sassnet.com

Misty, I like the part about VIPs. Thanks a bunch.....we promise to have the Wild Bunch in rare form and give away as many door prizes as we can steal during the day, at every evening event. You must be present to win and different tickets will be given away nightly. See Y'all at EOT... T-Bone

Lets have a Pot luck BBQ night !!!!!! Nothing to big, everyone bring a dish and dig in, buffet style... Just a thought !!!! Whatcha Think????

If I was doing menu planning I'd have the Texans bring the BBQ - something they do extremely well. I'd have Arizona shooters bring Mexican dishes containing red chile and New Mexico shooters bring Mexican dishes containing green chile. Utah shooters could stop in Dove Creek, Colorado on their way to FR, buy a 50 lb bag of beans and cook them when they get here. Colorado shooters could raid the New Belgian Brewing Company's warehouse for brew to wash it all down. Anyone from east of the Mississippi could bring desserts, other states west of the Mississipi cole slaw or tater salad. Canadians bring bread or biscuits. Shooters from other foreign location stop in the duty-free shops at international airports and pick up some untaxed, premium spirits.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I wanted to add my $0.02 to Spence's thread about the direction SASS is going. Instead, I will add my comments here.

Some on that thread questioned that changes were being made.

After last year's EOT, some folks complained about it on the Wire. Misty's post here listing changes to EOT indicates that the WB has been listening to shooters.

Also, I find Misty's presence on the Wire to be a positive change too. The WB really needs to have a presence here. She does an admirable job of providing that. :wub:

As they say, "Rome wasn't built in a day." Be constructive in your criticism and the changes you desire might just happen.

Regards,

Allie Mo

• 2 months later...

Misty-- Does anyone know the Mounted Shooting schedule yet? We're coming but can't find any info anyplace yet on either the SASS sites or the CMSA site. Many folks are still planning on coming but many other folks are holding off until they find out what the plans are.

Thanks.

Slim

• 1 month later...

Archived