SASS Wire Forum

Brown Truck + Signature = Brasser 1851 Colts!

Rancho Roy

Cabelas had a sale on Brass frame 1851 Colt Confederate Navy 44cal revolvers back in November. The price was $129 each! But they were immediately back ordered for 6-8 weeks. I placed an order for two and with a $20 off coupon, free shipping and a few " Cabelas Visa Card" bucks, I got them for $180 the pair.

Well today the Big Brown Truck showed up and I'm here to tell you, these little pistols are FANTASTIC! The fit and finish is superb. The actions are smooth as a silk. Took them both apart and did a detailed inspection. No issues whatsoever!

And they are consecutive serial numbers!

Only wish I had bought a dozen of them to use as prizes at various shoots etc..........Darn!

Full set of pictures here:

WWW.rvbprecision.com

Cabelas had a sale on Brass frame 1851 Colt Confederate Navy 44cal revolvers back in November. The price was $129 each! But they were immediately back ordered for 6-8 weeks. I placed an order for two and with a $20 off coupon, free shipping and a few " Cabelas Visa Card" bucks, I got them for $180 the pair.

Well today the Big Brown Truck showed up and I'm here to tell you, these little pistols are FANTASTIC! The fit and finish is superb. The actions are smooth as a silk. Took them both apart and did a detailed inspection. No issues whatsoever!

And they are consecutive serial numbers!

Only wish I had bought a dozen of them to use as prizes at various shoots etc..........Darn!

Full set of pictures here:

WWW.rvbprecision.com

If you got the brass framed Pietta's and the cylinder arbor bottoms out properly in the barrel lug and they time correctly you indeed got lucky.

I keep hearing how Pietta has improved quality control. Having examples from 1995 and 2001 they needed it.

Glad to hear you ended up with a couple of great examples.

Adios Sgt. Jake

Archived