SASS Wire Forum

local gun store giving advice again

Trigger Mike

I can't help but feel sorry for folks who go to a gun store to get legal advice about self defense,

thats like going to a Bartells drug store for medical advice for a life threatening disease.

You can't fix stupid, so just stand far back from it and watch; and say a prayer for those who will really

need a guardian angel to protect them from the evil, and from the advice of fools.

Shadow Catcher

Unfortunately the only experience many people who buy their only gun will have is going to be with a gunshop. They assume they're talking to experts in the field of all things gun related. I think shop owners have a responsibility to ensure that their employees don't dispense legal information, BS, or urban legends to customers. I've heard a lot of very questionable info given out in gun shops over the years.

Sure the customer should seek good training and legal information elsewhere but alas, we all know that doesn't always happen.

Unfortunately the only experience many people who buy their only gun will have is going to be with a gunshop. They assume they're talking to experts in the field of all things gun related. I think shop owners have a responsibility to ensure that their employees don't dispense legal information, BS, or urban legends to customers. I've heard a lot of very questionable info given out in gun shops over the years.

Sure the customer should seek good training and legal information elsewhere but alas, we all know that doesn't always happen.

What you said!! Good reason to have the name of your local gun club that offers NRA classes available - just lean over into the

conversation and mention to the clerk and to the customer that such and such a gun club offers classes on that topic, and then step back.

SC

I've heard a lot of very questionable info given out in gun shops over the years.

Truer words were never spoken Bob.

Most of the malarkey is spread by the gunshop loafers who think the store is the next best thing to Floyd's Barber Shop.

Thankfully in Ohio the Attorney General's office has published a nice booklet that has all pertinent firearms laws and plain-language explanations.

Most shops here always have a big stack of them on hand.

Self defence has no distance limit the way I see it. As long as the subject has a gun that will reach You your life is in danger. The Castle Doctrine Law should be passed nationwide as We have it here in Texas.

Texas Man

Self defence has no distance limit the way I see it. As long as the subject has a gun that will reach You your life is in danger. The Castle Doctrine Law should be passed nationwide as We have it here in Texas.

Texas Man

Murphy's Laws of Combat:

Rule (1) If the enemy is in range, so are you.

Archived